It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US recruiting young cyber warriors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

US recruiting young cyber warriors

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON – The United States is looking for the next generation of cyber warriors.

The US Cyber Challenge Cyber Foundations competition, kicked off this week by the nonprofit Center for Internet Security, is out to find 10,000 students with the potential to become "top guns in cybersecurity."

"The need to find creative solutions to protecting our information systems and digital infrastructure has never been greater," said center chief executive William Pelgrin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I bet they are!

Since at present, folks like wiki-leaks and "anonymous" are showing what can be done to oppose the worldwide tyranny of the mega-corp / Bankster / M.I.C. / governmental partnership of tyranny over the masses!

So time for Big Brother to start indoctrinating and scouting the schools for potential cyber-whizes to counteract the groups that are arising and opposing their totalitarian impositions and endless violations against the masses. Toss out the carrots and bring em over to the dark side...

Know which side you are fighting for people....All's I'm sayin.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The saying comes to mind 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." This is the classic bribe. I'm sure these 15 yr old computer whizzes will get paid the big bucks. Smart move by the government. Bad for us.

-btw man thanks for posting so many great news threads !!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

lol im going to school for information security right now and this sounds like fun

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting. I feel the type of people they are attempting to recruit lean towards the anti-establishment side. Those who were once there and went from being "grey-hats" or "black-hats" to being "white-hats" have been swayed by a paycheck where for everyone else, they do it for the love of playing the game or to prove a point. I think it's a fultile attempt personaly.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I have been actively pursuing a degree in software development for quite some time now, and I personally feel that if ANYONE answers this call they have betrayed the computer world.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So gang stalking on net will be a new thing. Oh i forgot usa already does this.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
they must be getting desperate, the united states is falling behind on cyber warriors.

assange, the chinese, the japanese and russians are stomping the u.s.

why don't they draft that fat ass bill gates, he's supposedly the john rambo of cyber warfare.

it would be a problem though, gates is to busy trying to squeeze every last dime out of pc users and xbox owners.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It was an added bonus to see Neo, your avatar, choosing his pill at the same time while reading this thread topic.

I am surprised though that they haven't had something like this a long time ago. Especially after the British hacker Gary McKinnon incident where he spent over a year inside millitary and NASA networks. Maybe this was the case that got the government thinking they need to finally get some of these guys to work for them.

S&F
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's the nastiest, and most powerful, side of State control... its corruptive side. They can make relatively intelligent, but poorly educated people into the worst traitors against their own people, just with financial incitatives and competition-based system of submission.

Very bad... I just hope enough kids will follow their conscience. But a LOT of "dork"-type misfits will fall in the trap.

edit on 2/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It is an attempt at rivalling Chinese supremacy in cyber-warfare, they will do all they can and rightly so, as China’s capability and aggressiveness in this domain is unmatched. The US and Russia etcetera are always playing catch-up and China is determined to keep things that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is a very silly move by the US Gov, imo.

The types they are trying to recruit are more likely to end up as 'agents' for likes of wikileaks, working on the inside while undermining TPTB at the same time.

This will backfire, IMO.

Which I'll find very funny.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If Above top secret dot com could find 50 students to enroll in this program so they can report from time to time i'd be more than happy; it's time to get bigger.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
China will probably do something about this to prevent the counter of their supremacy in cyberwarfare.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Cyber warriors are nothing new one only has to look at the flame wars waged by certain opposing sides from the middle east as to who has more right to kill the other. I have actually done my own research when this has affected sites I care about and found these groups are very well organized and sponsored.

To influence the online droid faction (I hope you get the metaphor) one only has to give the illusion that the majority of people feel the same way. Those not wanting to be ostracized will join the sheep bandwagon and give one liners of support for something they know nothing about.

I have followed ATS progress for years and have always enjoyed the balance that is usually maintained in regards to exploring both sides. These financed propaganda mobs are not a new idea and perhaps we could draft a list of things to watch out for to spot them.

I for one enjoy a balanced approach to ideas and do not enjoy the thought that someone assumes they can manipulate my opinion via the illusion of majority view. Though it pains me to say I have seen it happen in the general public when they have no first hand experience with the issue.

Back to the list suggestions? Ideas? Is this list even relevant? How do we spot these Financed propaganda groups? FPG's for short.

new topics

top topics

join