It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

grim reaper

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well the photograph while cool is simply a lens flare... The curve of the blade corresponding to the curve of the lens. The Story of the sick man seeing someone in the corner is quite interesting... My Grandmother, who died at home in hospice care, say my Grandfather for like the entire last week of her life. She was totally lucid right up until she died with no other signs of confusion or hallucinations. She'd look at a location in the room and hold entire onesided conversations with him. She'd even track "his" movements in the room while this happened. At one point she even had an arguement with him saying that she'd go when she was "god damned good and ready to go!" Man I miss that lady!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
I'd like to briefly discuss something that happened to my mom about 20+ years ago.

My brother was about 3 and had been very ill (he recovered later). Basically she was praying next to the bed that he get better when all of a sudden she noticed a black figure in the room and her first thought was the grim reaper, death. It walked up to her and then disappeared.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this?

Going from someone who has been highly afraid of the paranormal to someone who now embraces it, I think that there is life beyond death. I also have seen ghostly shapes at different times in my life. As a child and before I was afraid, I say my dead grandmother, thus freaking my mother out after I described a woman who died before I was born. As a teenager and when horror stories had gotten the best of me, I saw a figure that was dark and scary to me. Now as an adult and in the last couple of years, I have seen yet another in white. Perhaps the fear shades the shade?

SMR

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The grim reaper will come for us all, when you see him, its already to late.

What if you challange him to a game of twister!

Love of two is one
Here but now they're gone
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared (saying don't be afraid)
Come on baby (and she had no fear)
And she ran to him (then they started to fly)
They looked backward and said goodbye (she had become like they are)
She had taken his hand (she had become like they are)
Come on baby (don't fear the reaper)

Many people are afraid of death.I think this is why the 'reaper' has such a bad rap.With the fear of death,you have to create some sort of 'taker' and thus you have the black shadow 'reaper'
This is jusy my opion though

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I suggest for anyone who is afraid of the reaper to watch Bill and Ted's bogus journey, I think. Once you get to know him, the reaper isn�t such a bad guy. Don�t fear the reaper.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
it was probably just a shadow,but u never know

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ok heres my story. i was at a nursing home visiting my great grandmother. i was only 3 at the time. (i dont remember this but my mom has told it to me.) when we left i said, " mommy i saw God." she has heard that God visits people beforre they die. sure enough my great grandmother died a few days later at the age of 102. i dont know if what i saw was God or the grim reaper but im pretty sure if i saw anything it was probably God. the reason i saw God and nobody else did is because i was 3. younger children are more open to things like God because they dont know any better.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yay Grim Reaper! I think The Grim Reaper is the Angel of Death from the Old Testament, from the time of moses, he carries the scythe to symbolizing harvest, either the harvesting back in those days to show his time or harvesting the souls. He was sent by God. He works for God, he carries people to Heaven to see if they can be accepted or rejected.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gislebertus
(((We have photographs of the long, slashed scratches this thing left on our team member. We have never published them. And, we never will. Nor will we release the video tape.)))

Do you no show the tape because it doesnt look very good. Blood and everything.
Or Other reasons.

Is the "team member" dead or alive.?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
death is somthing we all should inbrace there is no avoiding it so why fear it. as for the grim reaper he is not evil nor good but something inbetween. We will never understand in life if he is real or not only after death are we enlightened to his exsistance and his part in the world as our own

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Excellent point. Everybody has to die sometime. The Norse definatly knew this, even their gods/goddesses die in Ragnorok. The Reaper is inevitable, so in the mean time you might want to make him some cookies. As said before Death is neither good nor bad. I believe that death is simply an event in your life much like turning 16, getting married, etc. In fact the Reaper deserves some respect, I mean its like being Santa Claus only harder and is a full time job.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
I suggest for anyone who is afraid of the reaper to watch Bill and Ted's bogus journey, I think. Once you get to know him, the reaper isn�t such a bad guy. Don�t fear the reaper.

"You may be a school boy or a street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with the reaper"
classic!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I remember seeing death in some sort of dream but it seemed sort of real since I was half awake. Death was coming down out of the sky right towards me. Actually there was a tornado heading straight for me but I couldn't see it because I was inside in bed and it was dark outside.

Since this event happened I also read a science fiction series of books by Piers Anthony I believe that had a character called Death and someone considering killing himself changed his mind at the last second and killed Death. Well I don't know if that really happened but he took over the position. I've also read other fictional stories about a character called Death that would come and take away their soul and relieve people's pain and suffering. I've also heard of some prediction where Death will be absent for 7 years. This is supposed to be a terrible time. It would be terrible if you were in terrible pain and couldn't die for years because someone wasn't working.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join