It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

grim reaper

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Oh and also, after this happened, I did extensive research on the internet, and the only thing that had a possibility of being what happened, is called Sleep Paralasis, where your sleeping, then you wake up, but your body has not "realised" that your awake, or your brain did not engage motor functions after your awake. It sounds weird, but I remember reading about it somewhere on the internet when I was trying to figure out what happened to me. Just thought some of you might wanna look into that.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
sorry to post so much, but here:
www.dreamdoctor.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I worked in a hospital in my younger years and once I went into a room to offer amiddle aged gentleman a sponge bath, he had earlier that day been amicable and pretty normal acting but when Iwent in this time he just stared right past me, it was clear that he was keeping his eye on someone behind me in the corner. I asked him twice about the bath and he simply answered no, angry that I made him speak, but not once did he take his eyes off the corner. He was extrmely frightened. I went back and got the nurse and told her to come back with me, we had a very sick and dying man on our hands. Though he had a monitor on the tech said he was fine but just to humor me she went back and noticed the way he was acting too. Within thirty minutes he coded and they were unable to revive him. I am sure that he was seeing something that he knew was not supposed to be there. and he knew what their prescence meant. This man was a middle aged man whose prognosis was good, no one had any reason to think he was going to die. I knew he was dying becuse I realized he saw who was coming for him. I had more of a feeling that it was a member of his family who had passed over who came for him.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
black shadowy figures are allways cool.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I check out ghoststudy.com alot and someone there posted a picture they had taken of the grim reaper. At least that's what it looks like to me, could have been a play of light or whatever, thought I would share it with you guys.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The black cape was symbollic and practical.For it hid his skull-like features.A Grey,a Watcher. Black,as in Men In Black,liasons,dark,black ops,ect.
I read of Near death Experiences. Supposedly you get reaquinted with demised loved ones.
But knowing the Visitors tendancy to masquerade and their intimate knowledge of you,I am wondering whether it is THEY who pretend to be your relatives to make the passage easier. Oh yes,they are habitual liars.
There is also "soul transference" which they have a hand in.The "Phoenix" reemerging from the flame was shown to an abductee.reincarnation.

Now the "spirits" that introduced themselves to me during a period of activity,showed up in the air as a lick of flame.
"This is as good as you will see me."
"Who are you?"
"Family."
No ghosts.This was reported by many other people.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The burning bush,yet not consumed.Moses was talking to a group of spirits.
And,Oh yes,you saw the movie.I saw the real Pillar of Smoke and Fire.It is a device.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The grim reaper is just a messenger...........a transport if you will.
No need to fear the unknown, death is the most natural thing in the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
soul reaper is right, the grim reaper himself does not kill you (which most people thin) he just transports your body to where ever you will go. never fear the grim reaper for he is actually good. with out him souls would just wonder all of earth, lost for eternity.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I find the grim reaper fascinating. Whats with the scythe? What does he use that for?

demonhunter... your avatar looks like my brother.. scary

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
lol well the scythe is sharp and curved and thats all i know about it

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I find the grim reaper fascinating. Whats with the scythe? What does he use that for?

So your brother is Rob Zombie? Hahaha.

I think the Grim Reaper is just a synonym for the Angel of Death. They do pretty much the same thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Well i've heard urban legends about Death chasing people in their sleep and when he touches them, they die.

Now how would anyone know about this then?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

The scythe is just another tool humans associate the Grim Reaper with, because it was used for "Reaping" harvests. It was named the Grim Reaper because he Reaps his harvests (our souls)

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The angel of death pulls your soul from you throat, if you were "bad" than he pulls roughfly, other wise, he will pull gently so as not to hurt you. Oh, and I use he, not because of gender, but because were in a male dominant society, so it's the first thing that comes to mind, the word "it" is rude.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yes the Grim Reaper always fasiated me. Wouldn't that be a cool job. Sycthes always fasinated me too. I heard something about how if your good you just go to heaven but the Reaper comes when nessesary too drag you down to hell. Death desonified goes all the way back to Greek mythology. There was a lesser known god known as Thanatos. And he had this hourglass for each person who was too die soon. And when the hourglass ran out he left his cave to reap the soul. He wore a black cloak over invulnerable armor and he had the face of a corpse. And supposedly it was extremely rare to beat him in anything.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Pfft, Ill kick all there asses

But back to the real world if he touches you whys he gotta carry the scythe? Cant he just cut us with that, Would make him sound meaner

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
ive always belived the grim reaper took you to a place before Heaven or Hell, but after death(Limbo i think its called? correct me if im wrong). Hes kind of the "Neutral party" so to speak.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What as in he does all the dirty work, or he is mearly like the receptionist for the divide before heaven or hell ?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by infinite
Well i've heard urban legends about Death chasing people in their sleep and when he touches them, they die.

Now how would anyone know about this then?

Sry this just made me laugh
ROFLMAOANL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join