It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

grim reaper

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'd like to briefly discuss something that happened to my mom about 20+ years ago.

My brother was about 3 and had been very ill (he recovered later). Basically she was praying next to the bed that he get better when all of a sudden she noticed a black figure in the room and her first thought was the grim reaper, death. It walked up to her and then disappeared.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A black shadow is always folowing me, nomatter where I go, its always in the oposite direction of the sun or whatever lightsource is around.

Kinda freaky :@

On a more serious note. As long as the kid didn't die, I think you don't need to worrie about it. If he did die and your mom saw that shadow move about the room when it happend, then I'd start thinking.

The grim reaper will come for us all, when you see him, its already to late.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well i've heard urban legends about Death chasing people in their sleep and when he touches them, they die. I haven't heard anything about anyone seeing Death in the real world. If you see a dark figure, its some sort of demon i think.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I doubt that the Grim Reaper would come to watch your brother get better. Not to be mean but his purpose would have been to kill one of your family members. Is it possible that your brothers disese could have killed him. That could have been the reason the Grim Reaper was there. But yeah I think I saw him the time my seventh grade history teacher nearly bored me to death.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Obviously, there is no such thing as a real grim reaper. I believe the grim reaper is just a myth created from demon sightings and such. And how the hell would anyone be able to tell about the grim reaper killing you in your sleep?! The person wouldn't live to tell about it! Stupidest thing I've heard in a while, no offense.

But why would there be a demon by your sick brother? Maybe it was making the boy sick. Maybe it had nothing to do with your brother, but was just one of the many demons around. Who's to say...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
o.k.-here's my imput.

While I was with a Paranormal team (we used scientific equiptment, nightscopes, EMF's, temp gages, etc.....), there was one particular Cemetary that caused a lot of "positive" readings.

Specifically-it was an old "Black" Cemetary dating back to the Civil War. Since I live in a State that Supported the Confederate Army, this area was used for "political prisioners", such as escaped Slaves, Northern Sympathizers, Runaway Soldiers, ect.

On this piece of land, there were lynchings, and hangings. Prisioners were also keep in a log cabin-prison (which no longer stands).

Now, this Cemetary is down the street from the New City Cemetary. The African-American Community still uses this Cemetary for it's dead, to this day.

My Paranormal Crew (I was the only female), included an Athiest, a Baptist, an Agnostic, a Catholic, and a Witch (Wiccan/Pagan). So we had no pre-disposed ideas about Heaven/Hell/Demons/ et all. Our own belief systems did not come into play, during an investigation.

Outside the Cemetary fence, a regular chain-link fence, about 4-ft tall, these things, these non-human spirits would hover.

They came in two forms- about 3 ft tall & blacker than the black background(s) of nightfall. They looked like little black tornados. They gave off a feeling of manevolent intelligence.

They were much different from human spirits. (BTW-what I am calling a human spirit, lived in a "flesh" body.). These things never lived in a flesh-and-blood body.

They could not enter the cemetary. Now, I believe it is because a Cemetary is Hallowed ground, in that Religious Ceremonies take place there. However, Death, disease, sadness, mourning, all seem to attract & give strength to these things. Fear does too. (We had a few of our big guys drop out after seeing them.) They also drain our batteries & equiptment like CRAZY!

The second type, it was really bad. About 7-ft tall, blacker than the night, it showed-up on our night vision scopes, and with not only took photos of it, we caught it on film. This guy DID get into the cemetary.

And, he also injured a member of our team.

We have photographs of the long, slashed scratches this thing left on our team member. We have never published them. And, we never will. Nor will we release the video tape. This is for our own reasons. Yes, we know about the reward money from the Amazing Kreskin, and such, and we have had sightings offer to buy the film/and or pictures.

But, I was there, this thing was real, it was nasty, and it did not fear us one bit.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

The grim reaper will come for us all, when you see him, its already to late.

I hate when that happens!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Probably was a shadow. But i know a true story about Nicholas II (last csar of Russia). He had a painting in his palace in the ball room of a woman in a silver colored dress. One night she appeared to him in his dream and said she would arrive to him 7 times. And on the 7th him will die, and to make sure he knew it was real she made a line on his forhead and finger. She came to him 6 times, and on the 7th he got killed. The paiting was taken down though the first time he saw her in his dream. This is written in Russian books, and is true.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostProphet
But why would there be a demon by your sick brother? Maybe it was making the boy sick. Maybe it had nothing to do with your brother, but was just one of the many demons around. Who's to say...

Perhaps the strength of the mothers prayer, revealed it. And then forced it away.
Or it was her perception of the spirit at work

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
could've simply been a 'shadow person'. I had one I called my 'little demon'. As far as I could tell he was around to save my stupid arse from danger until I started using my common sense... kinda like a guardian angel, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
funny I always figured the grim reaper or whatever you call it was just doing a job. It dont kill you, all it does is make sure that the soul has seperated ok from the body and is going to the right place once the body has ceased to function.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
(((We have photographs of the long, slashed scratches this thing left on our team member. We have never published them. And, we never will. Nor will we release the video tape.)))

Nice Story.... Convienient ending.

I'd say you're full of it until I see proof.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This happened to our neighbors in Connecticut.

The dad was giving his youngster a bath. The mom was doing something in the kitchen. She heard him scream. (yes - the GUY screamed). She came running into the bathroom. He handed her the toddler and said that death had just came through the bathroom. He was shaken very badly. At the exact same time, the fellows sister was giving birth in Texas. Her baby died during birth.

All we can figure is that the grim reaper had a child from that family on his 'pickup' list, and went to the brothers house before going to the
sister in the hospital to give the death touch to the baby.

Strange ... but true.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gislebertus
(((We have photographs of the long, slashed scratches this thing left on our team member. We have never published them. And, we never will. Nor will we release the video tape.)))

Nice Story.... Convienient ending.

I'd say you're full of it until I see proof.

Gislebertus has a point. I have a hard time believing the story. But you could always post the tape and photos on the RATS forum. RATS is always safe. So what are the reasons not to release the tape. Its not like the reaper will come until its your time to go.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
We have photographs of the long, slashed scratches this thing left on our team member. We have never published them. And, we never will. Nor will we release the video tape.

Since you seem fairly open about talking about the experience, do you mind elaborating on why you do not want to release the evidence? I mean you were on a paranormal team looking to find evidence of ghosts, etc. Then when you have supposed documented proof you choose not to come forward with it? Why? Did this thing threaten you? Doesn't make much sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't think you guys should all pressure ladyspiritguide for a video. If she doesn't want to, then by all means let her keep it a secret.

I have a hard time believing the story as well. I mean, black gas-shaped forms (I'm presuming) that measure 7 ft tall? Also, the fact that the weaker entities refused to enter the cemetary seems a tad too much like Sleepy Hollow (the movie) where the horseman was unable to enter the church grounds.

Just my thoughts, I don't really like to delve into this much.

As for the Reaper, those are just Medieval myths. If such a story were true, who would come back and report it?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hmm...The grim reaper, personnaly I think just a myth. If he/she/it does exist then who does it work for ? is it part of heaven, hell or something else.

And yer I agree with Blackout, you should leave ladyspiritguide alone, if it did happen, maybe it was something that has had some major impact on her life ?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't think it was the Grim Reaper because I think it's just a myth from Medieval (?) times. However, I think if it did exist it would kinda be on neutral ground, relating with neither heaven nor hell, but acting only as a "taker" of the soul and not deciding where the sould would go in the afterlife. Plus, I don't think many a person could live to see the Grim Reaper of legend (unless when he comes to take your hamster you challenge him to a limbo contest and win so he must become your best friend forever and ever...
)

Perhaps this thing was one of theshadow people

or maybe just a real shadow? I mean, if your brother was very ill and everything, maybe your mother was just so distraught that she didn't notice a person walking into the room.

I think if it was a demon it would have shown up more than just once or there would be a feeling of a malevolent presence.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am not sure what to think ! After my son passed away the last couple of weeks I have seen some strange things happen. So there could be a possiblity that he was there. But I never had a exsperiance like that before. Anything is possible. But do I believe a person with a black robe and sickle in cold hand comes down to take you away to paradise of the pearly gates (if you have not sinned or repented for your sins) I am not sure about that either.There is alot of unexplained things that we are still searching for the answer for.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I dont know if this has any relevance, and I dont recall if any family members passed at either time. No close relative passed that i recall, I imagine some distant cousin or somthing may have passed during either of these occurances.

Anyhow, the first occurance was experienced by my mother, she told me about it when i was about 14 I believed her at first but then gradually thought she was full of it over time.

When she was in her mid to late 20's, I was about 5 to 8 yrs old, around that time in the middle of the night she woke up and couldnt move, like there was a very very very heavy weight on every inch of her body pressing her into the bed, not crushing her, but almost like her body was 500 times heavier and muscles 500 times weaker, she could not move, she said that it felt like it was some kind of being holding her down, I dont recall how long she said it lasted, but not long, maybe 5 minutes or so, and again, I dont recall, but I dont think she saw anything.

Now fast forward about 20 years, Im in my mid to late 20's (I think I was 26 at the time, I'm 29 now)

I was in my room, at around 11pm, I fell asleep watching tv, then at around 1am I woke up feeling a presence in my room, once I opened my eyes I immediately saw something, and to tell you the truth I dont recall if it was black, or white, but it was one of the two, it was large, and was shaped much like what ladyspirit guide saw, about 7 feet long and shaped in a triangular fashion, like a whirlwind, and right at the point that I opened my eyes I saw it on the cieling like it was laying on the cieling as if it were the floor and right when i opened my eyes it swooped down at me in a curving motion, when I opened my eyes it was about centered above my feet, then it swooped and curved to directly over me and faded the closer it got until it was gone all together, it was very fast, like all within 1 second, this leads me to believe that it very well could have been just my eyes playing tricks.

I'm not done yet

I remember ATTEMPTING to flinch when it dove at me, but my body would not respond, like it diddnt recieve any commands from my brain, it felt like something was holding me still without touching me, every inch of my body. But if I tried and concentrated very very hard I could lift a finger for a second, or move my toes slowly, but never for more than a second or two, and unlike my mothers situation, mine lasted for what felt like close to an hour, and the whole time I was overwhelmed with the feeling of needing sleep (I diddnt originally fall asleep because I was tired, I just passed out because I was in that perfect comfort spot, you all know what Im talking about
). Eventually I passed out, and woke up early the next morning with full motor functions.

Now the only different thing with my situation, is I saw something that very well could have been my eyes playing tricks, and it diddnt feel like a heavy weight for me like it did for my mother. Now the only difference in our beds, hers was and oldschool late 70's early 80's mattress, Mine was a queen waterbed, so the beds had a huge difference, not sure if that has any significance or effect on whatever was holding me.

After reading through the previous replies, it shows that alot of you are very open minded and accepting of these stories, that is why I posted, maybe someone else has had this kind of experience. I've only ever told my mother about this, nobody else. She kind of passed it off like she diddnt want to talk about it.

OH and not sure if this has any significance, but my mother was a Wiccan from her late teens to mid 20's, I dont know anything about this wicca stuff, never researched it either, but iono, thought I'd mention that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join