It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

In September there will be a legitimate election. Too many people are watching now.
Even with a new government in place, they are still going to have to find a way to lower
the unemployment rate from 33% down to less than 10%.
Good luck with that.

----------------------------------------
With the current environment anything could happen.
High Unemployment + Rotten Economy = Change
Good Change - Bad Change - or Disaster - New al-Qaeda Capitol of the World

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxoutfoxing

The Muslim Brotherhood are a minority within the protests.

The Military and the moderate Egyptians, aka the Majority, want peace.

We have to be objective about who are in the streets. Who is pro Mubarak, who is moderate, and who is Muslim Brotherhood have to be properly identified. Otherwise we end up spinning a story that isn't accurate.
edit on 2/2/11 by MikeboydUS because: are

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I don't think that it is supporting pro-Mubarak people as much as Mr.Anderson being brain dead to risk his life in the middle of a country that is seeing a VERY big transition and expect everyone to just be civilized. Then air it to the rest of the world as his agenda sees fit.

If they are pro-Mubarak,. is that not to be expected in a country that has had the same head of state for 30 years. I am sure there are supporters out there.

Just grow a pair Anderson. What I saw was him visibly shaken and whimpering to the world from his perch on the roof. Like a kid after a fight.

I bet Geraldo would have told them to their face his feelings and fought back. Then came on TV blood soaked and said, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

lol you speak like no one knew the elections were fixed before?

They want him and anything that resembles the old regime out before genuine change can occur.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thing is, these aren't even pro-mubarak civilians. Mubarak forced most of the Egyptian population to poverty. Out of 80 million egyptians, did you know 1.5 million live in CEMETERIES? Yes, it's that bad out there, and it's time that dictator falls.

Anyway, back on topic. Like I said, these aren't civilians, what kind of sane Egyptian would support that tyrant willingly? So who are they? They're a mix of two things: Police forces dressed in civie clothes (smoke bombs were thrown at the protesters, an obvious sign of police force tactics and equipment) and civilians payed by the government to incite violence. When you look at how desperate and poor most of the Egyptians are, it's no wonder they would accept the money if they're starving. And trust me, they are starving.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They'll probably say it was the 'Egyptian Tea Party' that caused it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're either in control or you're not. They are not in control, which is why all this is happening. So they are out of control by definition. Egypt has long had problem's and that's what brought this on because they're NOT in control of themselves.
edit on 2-2-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fixedmental
Thing is, these aren't even pro-mubarak civilians. Mubarak forced most of the Egyptian population to poverty. Out of 80 million egyptians, did you know 1.5 million live in CEMETERIES? Yes, it's that bad out there, and it's time that dictator falls.

Anyway, back on topic. Like I said, these aren't civilians, what kind of sane Egyptian would support that tyrant willingly? So who are they? They're a mix of two things: Police forces dressed in civie clothes (smoke bombs were thrown at the protesters, an obvious sign of police force tactics and equipment) and civilians payed by the government to incite violence. When you look at how desperate and poor most of the Egyptians are, it's no wonder they would accept the money if they're starving. And trust me, they are starving.

-----------------------------------------------------
So fast forward 10 months from now.
How do they fix Egypt ???
How do they grow the economy and lower the unemployment rate?
Just look 10 years ahead not 10 minutes ahead.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I want to know what the anti Anderson Cooper people would think had this been a G-20 summit and he was attacked by plain clothes government instigators?

Would you call him a wimp then too?

Or would you criticize the government instigators?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Fixedmental

-----------------------------------------------------
So fast forward 10 months from now.
How do they fix Egypt ???
How do they grow the economy and lower the unemployment rate?
Just look 10 years ahead not 10 minutes ahead.

Well, with Mubarak in power, even if that bastard dies, he was going to give the power to his son, continuing his legacy. How can the country even START evolving if the dictatorship is still in place? It needs to fall before a government capable of fixing Egypt and its problems comes into place.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

A.N.S.W.E.R. is heavily involved- I would call them instigators/ agitators, in the G-20 (and previous summits). They are at least technically in the same league, politically, as Anderson Cooper. There's no lesser of two evils between the leftist A.N.S.W.E.R. and the globalists. They are just different factions vying for control- if indeed they're even different factions or just different fronts.
So no, I wouldn't have a different opinion if it were the G20. I have no sympathy for groups like A.N.S.W.E.R. at all. (and I know people who have attended those protests from the Bush protests. Two of them were mixed up with NGOs in Bosnia. While they might be decent people- well one of them, anyway in real life, the agenda is not. Dupes)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I can go to any protest or crowd in the States and find you an american who says the same things about Israel. These are a diverse group of people, the majority though are moderate and secular and want peace with Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Well, he better hope they don't discover he doesn't like the ladies.

They'll rip him apart-limb by limb. Honestly, I can't believe he thought he could interject himself between the two parties-at this time.

Prior Preparation Prevent Poor Performance

Guess they don't like his program over there either. The hits probably weren't from people protesting but not liking him.

I have to admit that I think it is funny/odd how news people think they are above us or on another level.

www.hollywoodreporter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/2/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

You're way off base. News people are doing their jobs because the news must get out of even the most hostile regions. Like that Reuters photographer who was slaughtered by US helicopter, the man was just doing his job in a dangerous environment. Before throwing stones, you might consider whether or not you would have the balls to head into a conflict to bring the facts back to the people at home.

The fact that you thinks it funny that this man was beaten speaks volumes about what kind of person you are.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister

Originally posted by brindle
If i were anderson coopers kin folk,i would be on a plane to cairo.When i got there,then you would see angry.
edit on 2-2-2011 by brindle because: mistake

Check it out: Anderson Cooper.

Anderson Hays Vanderbilt Cooper was born on June 3, 1967,[1] the younger son of the writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and the artist, designer, writer, and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt, and is a great-great-great-grandson of Cornelius Vanderbilt of the prominent Vanderbilt shipping and railroad fortune.

So, if you were Anderson Cooper's kinfolk, you would be a multi-billionaire, and most likely not tend toward involving yourself in any sort of political upheaval.

During college, he spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency. Although he technically has no formal journalistic education, he opted to pursue a career in journalism rather than stay with the agency after school.

I wonder if his "fighting unruly protesters 101" at the CIA came in handy?

the Billmeister

*cough* generational mind control *cough*

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So many Lies LIES LIES and so much hate Hate HATE

Quit hating on Muslims, they are the most peaceful people in the world.
They would never do anything like that.

Fear mongering at its best.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fixedmental

Who will step forward ?
Do they have a George Washington ready to go?
How long will he last?
Things look more clear in Alexandria.
Cairo is a circus. They even have a camel running around.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by timewalker

I want to know what the anti Anderson Cooper people would think had this been a G-20 summit and he was attacked by plain clothes government instigators?

Would you call him a wimp then too?

Or would you criticize the government instigators?

I guess my Geraldo comment drew a decisive line in the sand and made me an "anti Anderson Cooper" person. Let me be clear, I am just anti stupidity.

I mean he is in a country that is evacuating it's elite and foreigners. There is a guy that has been in power for 30 years, that I think is not going to go quietly. The place is just waiting to erupt. He acts surprised that everyone is not being civil.

I think he got out easy, and I am glad for it for I really don't want anyone to get hurt. But if you walk into a bee hive expect to get stung.

To be honest, I am not surprised that a reporter has not been taken out on live TV yet.

edit: Not just in Egypt but anywhere in the world in these danger zones sitting on their brightly lit target roof.
edit on 2-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Fixedmental

Who will step forward ?
Do they have a George Washington ready to go?
How long will he last?
Things look more clear in Alexandria.
Cairo is a circus. They even have a camel running around.

That's the problem. There are parties in Egypt that support the revolution, lots of them, but due to Mubaraks party being the only legal one they could not evolve. Think of how the Nazi party was the one and only during the Third Reich.

So there isn't a real leader of this revolution, the leader is the Egyptian people themselves. But if Mubarak falls those parties I mentioned will be able to have their time in the spotlight (elections etc) and the people will choose the one they seem fit to guide Egypt to better times.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Fixedmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

www.hollywoodreporter.com

CNN producer Steve Brusk Tweeted, "Anderson said he was punched 10 times in the head as pro-Mubarak mob surrounded him and his crew trying to cover demonstration."

Cooper then escaped to the roof of a nearby building, where he said on air that he and his crew were trying to get to a neutral zone between protestors and pro-Mubarak supporters when they "were set upon by pro-Mubarak supporters punching us in the head. The crowd kept growing, kept throwing punches, kicks...suddenly a young man would look at you and punch you in the face."

Cooper told CNN's live blog that the attackers
(visit the link for the full news article)

So what? Who cares? He should expect it if he is in the middle of a riot. I guess he must be looking like a tea bag now (as he made stupid tea bagging comments) with his black eyes

I didnt knew he didnt like women. He should fit right in with plenty of lebanese, egyptian and turkish men. There is a big population of homosexuals/bisexuals in those regions.
edit on 2-2-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by anon72

Well the BBC fellas managed it pretty well ... I dont think any of them have had a clobbering yet. Is there perhaps some other reason that he and his crew were attacked?
I was watching the BBC reporters earlier , all of them in the crowd, in the thick of it, talking to people about thier political attitude, and who they thought should be in power. They were speaking to pro Mubarak, and anti Mubarak supporters seperately , and no one got smacked in the head over it ! There was a bit of friendly jostling in the crowd, but when you are standing in the worlds biggest moshpit you really ought to expect that!

Must be the emerikan accent that got him clobbered

I dont know how many of the rioters hate US or Americans in general. As per some of the reports earlier in the week, it was indicated that many of the people who are attempting to remove Mubaarak are younger individuals with accounts to facebook where they had been gathering and building up the momentum for this event.
It is hard to distinguish Locals vs Outsiders when folks are running around for safety or cover or really pumped up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join