It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think it should be fairly clear that the people who attacked AC and crew were not simply there to voice their support for Mubarak.

Over the past few days, I have seen a few interviews with Mubarak supporters, they are just as eager to get in front of the camera and voice their opinions as the anti Mubarak people.

The people that attacked AC were targeting the crew, but mainly the equipment. It been what 3 days since the government seized, arrested, and shut down al Jazeera. They do not want footage getting out of Egypt, and given the current situation, my guess is they now resorting lynch mob type tactics on journalists.

Journalists had better leave the big cameras at the hotel and just use flip cams and similar pocket sized equipment. I look forward to when the Egypt internet is back up and I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable flood of cell phone and camera footage.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by getreadyalready

Finish him off?

Are you saying that an innocent man should have been killed?

Innocent? BWHAHAAHAHHAH the guy lies for the new world order, you call him innocent?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

egypt.usaid.gov...

USAID/Egypt’s Office of Democracy and Governance (DG) works in partnership with the Government of Egypt (GOE) and with Egyptian and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) supporting the rule of law, protecting human rights, combating corruption, strengthening political competition and civil society, and enhancing local governance and the media.

democracy & governance snapshot

USAID programs have increased access to justice for more than 16,000 children and 8,700 families.
2000 media professionals have been trained through USAID programs.
USAID supported the training of more than 13,000 local election observers nationwide.
More than 100 USAID-supported joint community-local government initiatives have been created to solve local problems.

The US is on both sides of this chaos.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
If i were anderson coopers kin folk,i would be on a plane to cairo.When i got there,then you would see angry.
edit on 2-2-2011 by brindle because: mistake

Check it out: Anderson Cooper.

Anderson Hays Vanderbilt Cooper was born on June 3, 1967,[1] the younger son of the writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and the artist, designer, writer, and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt, and is a great-great-great-grandson of Cornelius Vanderbilt of the prominent Vanderbilt shipping and railroad fortune.

So, if you were Anderson Cooper's kinfolk, you would be a multi-billionaire, and most likely not tend toward involving yourself in any sort of political upheaval.

During college, he spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency. Although he technically has no formal journalistic education, he opted to pursue a career in journalism rather than stay with the agency after school.

I wonder if his "fighting unruly protesters 101" at the CIA came in handy?

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
.Apparently,the news station was so upset at andersons pummelling,that they contacted richard simmons.Richard Simmons has agreed to train anderson cooper to get him in shape.They located 2 of the angry mob members.Negotiations are under way for a 2 man cage brawl.Richard simmons and anderson cooper vs the mad egyptians.What a pay per view match

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by DevilJin
I only support this because Cooper has a CIA background and it's good to see at least 1 of them get their butt kicked after all the horrible things they have done.

You got proof of this CIA background? It seems dubious given the following 2 points

1. He's gay
2. He's rich as cream even before he started as a journalist because his mother was a vanderbilt... yep, those vanderbilts.

Also, the mob that attacked him was not the anti-gov mob... it was the pro-mubarak mob

What, CIA members can't be gay, or rich????? More than half the people in government are gay, it seems, and all of them could be considered rich.!!!

And, most important, he probably got attacked partially because:

1.) He's very recognizable, probably one of THE most recognizable journalists because, well, he's Anderson Cooper, also pretty well known he's considered to be GAY, or, at least speculation on the subject, which would be a problem in Egypt.

2.) Even the pro-Mubarak crowd may have a problem with someone from the US (maybe they aren't really pro-Mubarak, but just opportunists wanting to get paid), and I think it's pretty well known around the world that Mubarak is a puppet supported by the US, witness US stamped tear gas canisters, etc.

3.) Maybe they just didn't like his smarmy, "I'm better than you" attitude, which is always how he comes across to me.

4.) Maybe they attacked him because they knew he worked for CNN, which is always extremely pro-Israel.
They ARE Arabs, after all.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ITS A FAKE!!!! Until we see the actual footage it did not happen. You guys are seriously trusting him? He said he got footage of it, but he does not show it? YOU KNOW THE NEW WOULD BE BLASTING THE FOOTAGE 24/7 IF IT REALLY HAPPEND!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by anon72

On TV it looks like one of those John Wayne bar fights in the old west except 1,000 times larger.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will die down. They got what they wanted. A change in leadership in September.
When he said he would leave in Sept he said it to buy time and to get the protesters to go home and if that happens it would all be for naught,the people of Egypt know that.They need to stay and fight the fight to the end.
[The pro Mubarak are his cronies,bought and paid for.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Damn they should have worked him over more. Cooper is an ass and deserves a good beating, no sympathy whatsoever. Only a simpleton like him would assume that his own presence would prevail so as to be untouchable. Jag off.

brill

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Well said my friend; people have to realize that the MSM has no right, privilege, or business to be there in the first place. Therefore, if they want to engage in events in a tangible fashion then expect to be subject to the nature and the reality of the event itself. How arrogant they are to expect a free pass in the midst of human conflict that doesn't even concern them.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is the only video I kind find on this subject

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/02/ac.egypt.crew.hit.cnn

edit on 2-2-2011 by littlema77 because: Had the wrong link before

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can't believe how many people in this thread are supporting the actions of the Pro Mubarak group.

This is especially bizarre in light of their past posts in regards to fighting tyranny and oppression, i.e. the G-20 protests.

It doesn't make any sense.

edit on 2/2/11 by MikeboydUS because: n

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by anon72

On TV it looks like one of those John Wayne bar fights in the old west except 1,000 times larger.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will die down. They got what they wanted. A change in leadership in September.
When he said he would leave in Sept he said it to buy time and to get the protesters to go home and if that happens it would all be for naught,the people of Egypt know that.They need to stay and fight the fight to the end.
[The pro Mubarak are his cronies,bought and paid for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big picture goal is to deny the Muslim Brotherhood from getting their GOAL.
-- Radical change immediately. --
The true majority of Egyptians got what they wanted. A new leader in September.
Just like a George Soros Orchestration, there are people there to HIJACK the rally.
Learn to look for the big picture.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littlema77

I'm replying to my own post cause the link that is given for this video, I was on CNN and clicked on it, but when I copied it and put it on here it is something different.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The people did not get what they wanted, Mubarak was leaving in Sept anyway you cut it that's when his term ends and he wasn't going to run anyway. He was trying to appoint his son, however the military already said that wasn't going to happen before the protests.

They want him gone before any election, because they rightly fear that while he is in office an honest election can not take place.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well, he's there and you're not so kudos to him for giving a damn and helping inform the outside world on the attrocities currently occuring.

Giving a damn? No, he is doing his job and probably getting paid hefty for this assignment. Most likely staying at the best hotel, eating the best foods three times a day, has access to fresh water and a shower, is flying first class, driving in air conditioned vehicles, wearing washed clothes and wearing new shoes and heck probably splashes on designer cologne before he goes outside. All on the CNN tab. Then goes outside to the poverty stricken streets and expects to be accepted with open arms by the local people.

Informing the "outside world", (is the outside world located where all the 'other people' who watch tv for different reasons other then when the next Walmart grand opening will be because I know of only one world), or is he doing what the other hundred, (estimate), reporters are doing to keep their jobs/tv shows from going off the air by going where told to go because news tv is always in a ratings war among themselves.

Id rather give someone like John Travolta my "kudos" for spending his 'own money' and using his 'own airplanes' and 'own personal time' to reach out and help others like those in Haiti instead of someone like A. Cooper whos motives of going to attrocites is much different.

reply to post by TrueBrit

Half a chicken (thats actualy what one pro Mubarak supporter was allegedly paid to show up) will buy you a lot of loyalty in some places.

I can't wait to see the first pro-Mubarak protestor wearing a t-shirt that says "I was in the Caio mob of 2011 and all I got was a lousy 4-piece chicken dinner!"

All said in my own opinions.
Bzzzzzzz

edit on 2/2/2011 by BuzzingOn because: sp

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This Is A Must See Video.

Only the voice in front of the camera, but what sense and wisdom they speak.

CNN's Nick Robertson speaks with some of the Muslim protesters .

I wonder if this was shown on America's state TV channel - I guess no question mark needed.

Fox

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by anon72

Haha I wonder if he's still pro Egypt, pro Muslim brotherhood, and pro 'democracy' after seeing their true colors.
Same goes with all of the liberal media.
...but I do feel bad for the guy...no one deserves to get hit in the face 10 times- not even liberals

Nice spin.

The mob that attacked him was pro status-quo.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I can't believe how may people in this thread are supporting the actions of the Pro Mubarak group.

This is especially bizarre in light of their past posts in regards to fighting tyranny and oppression, i.e. the G-20 protests.

It doesn't make any sense.

We're not saying, or at least I'M not saying I support the pro-Mubarak group, but what does that have to do with not being surprised that Anderson Cooper got attacked while in the midst of an angry mob, IF he even did, as some other poster postulated?

Maybe ALL those people over there are just SICK of seeing journalists over there (or name a country) spouting the "party line" of the rich globalists.

I have already seen plenty of talking heads on the news saying, oh, nothing should be done to make a change in the government over there until September, so it "can be done right."(newspeak)

Reading between the lines......."until globalists can get the person they want to take over, set up."

Anderson Cooper is part of that agenda, unfortunately for him, he is one of the most recognizable ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join