It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are actually willing to make a change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It has become transparent to me that we live in a very corrupt world, but I believe the truth is out there. I see it every day. The few times that I happen to watch the news, I think to myself, "Are they really feeding us this crap? Are we really really supposed to just eat this information up without questioning it?"

I just wish there was something I could personally do about this corruption instead of just sitting around, talking and worrying about it all day. I have all the drive and motivation to do it, and I know there is a ton of stuff that is possible for all of us to do, but I honestly don't know where to begin.

I am tired of worrying about the corruption every day. I want to DO something about it. I'm ready for a change. And at this point, I feel like the only thing left for me to do is be READY. I want more.

I don't want to be just another sheep in the herd.

I don't want to be molested or radiated every time I go to the airport.

I don't want to pay 4 dollars a gallon for gas.

I don't want the Monsanto Corporation telling farmers WHAT to grow and WHEN to grow and HOW to grow the fruits and vegetables we eat.

I don't want prescription medications when there are natural ways to heal my body that most brainwashed doctors never tell you about.

I don't want vaccines that have never been tested on humans prior to their release. The Hepatitus vaccine gave my brother type 1 diabetes not even a week after his injection when he was 18 months old.

I don't want underground bunkers built in secret and never announced to the public.

What I want is a REVOLUTION.
What I want is REAL FREEDOM.
Freedom to LIVE HEALTHY.
Freedom to LIVE NATURALLY.

It all starts with people like me.
"If there is hope, it lies in the proles."

Does anybody else share these same views?
Does anybody have any suggestions on what we can personally do to make a change in America?
edit on 2-2-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: cant embed pictures because im a NOOB

edit on 2-2-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: technical difficulties

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez

Does anybody have any suggestions on what we can personally do to make a change in America?

Your answer

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This kind of stuff rattles my brain all day every day.. I can't stand how things have become! I wish I had the means to take my family somewhere, out there, off the grid with as minimal reliance on technology and government crap as possible! (except my laptop of course)
It makes me ill how humans have taken over and made the planet "theirs" when it so clearly belongs to no one!

Thanks for this post, it was really interesting! S&F

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yup:
"rights are not"granted" they are "exercised". Nobody is gonna tell you "its okay"

You want to eat food you've grown from heirloom seeds; Quit buying crap save some money and buy a small "hobby farm"in the country.
You want to live in a "commune" and share everything with other like minded people. DO IT. there's no need to dismantle the constitution and shoot people (we'll shoot back).

Turnoff the "Tee Bee". Quit buying crap. Nobody is stopping you. Keep tabs on your elected officials. Print up a page of address labels. for your Senator and the editor of the local "rag"...
edit on 2-2-2011 by 46ACE because: Quotation marks added..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Im with you, and on that note I think the most the common man can do, is spread the knowledge. Knowledge is contagious. You tell 5 people, who tell 5 people, who tell 5 people. Promote peaceful protests. I think thats important because as the tension grows and people realize whats up, they'll get violent. Actions can speak much louder than words. If we all stopped buying gas, as retarded as that sounds, see what would happen. And I suppose be prepared, which I hate saying. Good luck to you

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Great song! That lightened my mood quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I hear you ,"man"..

backatcha " bra"'
edit on 2-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
I just wish there was something I could personally do about this corruption instead of just sitting around, talking and worrying about it

OP, I understand your feelings. Many feel the same way. I still have a long way to go, and there are are some things in your list (like the secret bunkers) that we can't do much about. But, here are some things that I did:

I sold my car four years ago, and moved to a place where I can walk or take public transit everywhere. I have not regretted this decision even once.

When Blue Shield raised my health insurance premiums by 60%, I "opted out" of buying healthcare coverage. Instead, I study and use holistic and natural means to heal my body, and am saving some $$ for a rainy day in case I break a leg or something. I know this decision is controversial, but after seeing how Western medicine and prescription drugs utterly destroyed the health of many people around me, I feel it is a sound one.

I stopped going to a regular grocery store and buying Doritos, frozen pizza, insecticide and GMO-laden produce and all the other garbage they sell. I buy fresh, locally produced products, instead. I eat less than I used to eat, and feel great.

More important than any of the above actions, I've made a concerted effort to be aware of the truth regarding what's going on in the world, to apply some critical thinking to the bombardment of information we receive on a daily basis, and then to step back from it, and not let it suck my soul.

"Little drops of water; little grains of sand..."

Peace to you!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

I agree with you 100% We need to work in harmony with each other instead of trying to dominate everything. Taking that path only leads to destruction.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I appreciate your input. I have already begun to take some of the steps you mentioned to break free from these corporations. I have already begun growing my own food. I hope to get some cows and chickens in the future (f*** KFC). I rarely ever watch TV.

I don't think we need to dismantle the constitution at all. When I speak of revolution, I mean a social revolution. Our society has grown to be so distant from our full potential. We're like robots. I'm just ready to break free. Not by the means of guns and violence (although I'm strapped if anyone ever wants to try me), but with peace and love.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

Exactly. That's why I'm so thankful for a website such as this. I've never met so many people who share the same views and beliefs as I do in one place! Like you said, for now let's spread the truth along with peace and love and people will eventually begin to wake up. Until then, all we can do is deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you for your input, friend. Peace, and good vibes back at you

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Remember always that the dark plans of a minority of blood thirsty eugenisist scum is not ultimately in their control
There is something far greater than them - It is the seeds that are planted within our very souls - water these seeds with Peace and Love of which we have yet to see the blossom of its flowering - Remember the ones who fear the most are the one who perpetrate the evils upon the commom folks - If their game comes undone because we the people refuse to play they will sink back into the shadows forever - We the people need to be the example of the world we wish to live in

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I realize how much consumerism has degraded our society. I'm dwelling on that thought as I have had a pair of my little ones socks sitting next to the computer since yesterday afternoon. They have a hole about the size of a dime. Society tells me that I should throw them away (they were only $2 for the pair) and buy a new pair. Is today going to be the day that I darn a pair of socks for the first time in my life? I don't know yet, but I do know many people would think me crazy because 'people just don't have to do that anymore'. Why not, I ask?

I think this will be a quiet revolution that happens one person at a time in turn making another person aware. We didn't get to the messed up place we're in overnight and it won't be overnight that we crawl out.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheeplemama_awakening
I realize how much consumerism has degraded our society. I'm dwelling on that thought as I have had a pair of my little ones socks sitting next to the computer since yesterday afternoon. They have a hole about the size of a dime. Society tells me that I should throw them away (they were only $2 for the pair) and buy a new pair. Is today going to be the day that I darn a pair of socks for the first time in my life? I don't know yet, but I do know many people would think me crazy because 'people just don't have to do that anymore'. Why not, I ask?

I think this will be a quiet revolution that happens one person at a time in turn making another person aware. We didn't get to the messed up place we're in overnight and it won't be overnight that we crawl out.

Yes I think you are right - darn those socks better still dont spend money in global company stores - clothes are so cheap in them because they are the product of slavish labour - I Pods and the like are put together in prison like work places in China etc - In China the workers have such a high suicide rate that their water supply is drugged to keep them docile - after a inhumanly long day of labour they are locked up within their work place quarters - Spend your money wisely

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Profound words

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So it seems alot of people are "seeing" the same things. People are tired, and just plain beat from the rat race. There are alot of unemployed and homeless here. I don't live in a city. I live out in the mountains. I have talked to some who came down here from the detroit and flint areas. They all say the same things. They are tired of trying to survive in the "civilized" world. I met one guy along the river. He said he was protesting. It took me a little time to figure it out as he explained it. He allowed his wife and kids to go 100% on welfare. They got into an apt , the whole food stamps, health care , education , and utilitys thing. He divorced her. He collects an unemployment check from the gov. He was a factory worker. He refuses to work until his benifits run out totally. He told me it was a non violent protest against the gov for allowing his job to go to china. He , and as i have learned, many more. Have decided to do all they can to non violently break the system by using it to their full advantage. I have never in 40 years seen so many folks living out in the woods and forests here. I don't understand how bad it could have got for anyone to walk away from their cities and towns , kids and wives. Just to spend two years forcing the gov. to pay for them. As i have thought about this alot, i see his point a little better now. He is trying to bankrupt the system . I see what the lack of jobs and the huge amounts of welfare are doing to our little area . I am just going to end this rant. I have no idea what i am thinking right now. I will have to stew on it a little more. These times are confusing and getting worse.

top topics

join