It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I wanna be in a hippy commune

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think i want to head out into a wide open space and live with some hippies.We can grow our own vegetables,and live with our dogs and horses.I think this is my inner desire,and it will be so groovy.I dont want a phone,computer or tv.In fact, i dont want any electric or running water.A stream or lake is fine.I want to clear my mind of everything and establish bonds with my fellow hippies in the commune.Peace to everyone.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Been feeling like that for a long time...

I think it wont be long until many people decide to do it, society is almost on the brink man.

If you do it, good luck to you.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i n a g r e e m e n t .

that's the way man was meant to live. in harmony with nature.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I was part of a community who achieved total self suffiency some 30 years ago - people from all walks of life and nations. It truly is the way to go.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I was part of a community who achieved total self suffiency some 30 years ago - people from all walks of life and nations. It truly is the way to go.

where dis be at>? can you describe a typical day or perhaps the politics of that lifestyle?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Scottish Isles - Typical day would be dependent on what was required to benefit the community as a whole ie the roof needed repairing - the vegeatble crop needed weeding - We needed some fun time - lets have a party - etc etc
No polotics no religion just sharing of ideas
edit on 2-2-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by artistpoet because: ADD INFO

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Scottish Isles - Typical day would be dependent on what was required to benefit the community as a whole ie the roof needed repairing - the vegeatble crop needed weeding - We needed some fun time - lets have a party - etc etc
No polotics no religion just sharing of ideas
edit on 2-2-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by artistpoet because: ADD INFO

sounds like the life I'd like to live.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
that sounds WONDERFUL.. I would love to have the balls to do just that! We have some friends that we'd like to buy some property with somewhere 'out there'.. and live off the land together.. by a lake somewhere, be self sufficient and stuff..
Between you and me, I hope at least one of us makes it!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We will make it - I left the community to come back to a big city and persue my art and poetry but now it feels the time is fast approaching when self reliance will be the only way to escape the ttyranny that is befalling all nations - So many yearn for a life of peace and harmony - the way it is meant to be - Have courage but be smart and go for it - Soon many will not have the oppurtunity to do so - Find your soul companions - act now - begin - Their are millions of us

top topics

join