It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

www.vancouversun.com

According to The Vancouver Sun, Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/2/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i think that what most of us were fearing is now a reality. if this does happen it will be hell on earth as we know it.now that this is made public, im sure alot more people will be aware that we may be having a 9/11 nuclear blast.
In edition to this new information, do you think we will be heading for a war with AL-Qaeda? im talking all fronts, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq.

www.vancouversun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
As the idea goes, and going back the Cold War, if they launch we launch. Ok, fine why not. But, alqaida does not really have a country and a country is not attacking us, a group of rogues are that as far as I know do not claim a country nor are they a government entity. So, in all reality they can use nukes on us, but to whom and where would we return the favor but yet keep innocent casualties to a minimum? That is what makes it so difficult.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They usually retaliate against the country that harbors the particular group or their training camp, club house, cave... whatever

don't FoRgEt False flag possibilities as well
a more likely scenario...

But truss they'll find some one or some place to e radiate if some thing does go off... tit's for tat's

personally I prefer the tit's over tat's

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 01010101010101

Title is a little misleading!

there is a big difference between a nuclear weapon and a dirty bomb!! yes a dirty bomb would be horrible but not near as bad as a nuclear weapon being detonated

great piece of information to know thanks for posting.

S$F

edit on 2-2-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am suspcisious of this. It seems to me that those on the Ambassadorial/Diplomat level aren't aware of what the cockroaches are really up to behind the scenes.

This talk of an Al Qaeda bomb could be coded. We know of the 'close' CIA/Al Quaeda connection, so this might well be about TPTB intending to set off a dirty bomb and then blame it on AQ.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
if western forces know Al-Quaida is building a dirty nuke and cannot do anything to stop it, they should not have said anything about it.

world wars 1 and 2 together did not last as long as the US attempt to squash Al Quaida. Just mentioning their names makes the west look like a bunch incompetent imbeciles.

Tell Halliberton to stop laying IED's in the roads. Seriously, they are the only ones along with other private contractors that are profiting from all of this.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Funny how the Vancouver Sun is all over this but not a word so far from CBC or the Globe and Mail, which I might add are the only media outlets in Canada worth listening to. The rest...Vancouver Sun included, are tabloids for bored housewives.

edit on 2-2-2011 by tom goose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If such a weapon goes off somewhere, it certainly won't be the work of "muslim extremists". No matter what the news reports or what security service front group claims resonsability. If it happens, it will happen for a reason and the true perpetrators will be a little closer to home.

It's quite funny that some still believe men from caves still pose a real threat.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Leaked report: 'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

this was actually posted in our newspaper here in east tn, see above link , which from there it says where it was reported from.

Originally posted by tom goose

Funny how the Vancouver Sun is all over this but not a word so far from CBC or the Globe and Mail, which I might add are the only media outlets in Canada worth listening to. The rest...Vancouver Sun included, are tabloids for bored housewives.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yes and your very right sir. The title is misleading. But thats what our local paper had published from the Vancouver Sun. but you know with titles like this, it catches your eye fast.

Originally posted by paradiselost333

Title is a little misleading!

there is a big difference between a nuclear weapon and a dirty bomb!! yes a dirty bomb would be horrible but not near as bad as a nuclear weapon being detonated

great piece of information to know thanks for posting.

S$F

edit on 2-2-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by 01010101010101 because: mistype

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

oh...for sure thats what sells papers
and i know you have to use the exact title
was just sayin

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Correct.

The Calgary and Vancouver SUN are owned by the far right-wing liberal parties to push a general consenous of negativity.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Al Quaida is a US organization. False flag coming or fear-mongering. That's it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Just to clarify, radioactive, "dirty" bombs are a LOT different than "Nuclear bombs," which is what the thread headline alludes to. .

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This is not new information, they talk about a dirty bomb, not a nuclear bomb the difference is very important.

In a nuclear detonation nuclear fusion occurs resulting in the classical massive explosion. In a dirty bomb a explosive is used to disperse radioactive matter over a populated area to mimic the after effects of a nuclear detonation.

Again this is by no means a new threat, a dirty bomb is almost a easy to build as a normal explosive device however the materials are difficult to acquire but not impossible if you can get into a hospital or university.

Also, there is a “all-out war against Al’Qa’ida” only some idiot called it the War on terror.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
While I appreciate the OP alerting this story, I have to say that personally I am sick and tired of hearing this news repeatedly. Talk of a dirty bomb used by Al Queda/Taliban have been surfacing for years now. I don't deny that it is in the realm of possibilities. Heck I'm pretty sure that it is indeed going to happen.

When it happens, it happens. There is nothing I can do about it, unless I catch the guy setting up the bomb and hit him in the back of the head with a Louisville Slugger while his back is turned of course. It's going to stink when it does happen but I'm not going to lose any sleep worrying about it. The way I look at it is simple. If there is real, concrete news of this, then tell us. Don't waste our time with these repeated reports.

OP I'm not talking about you when I say not to waste our time. I'm referring to whomever is leaking the story to the media.
edit on 2/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
False flag - no question about it.

From all my research, I can say it will most likely be a small nuke / dirtybomb inside the SEARS tower in Chicago.

Of course our government will be behind it. And I'm guessing it will lead to WWIII where our economy will collapse and be replaced by a new currency.

I can't prove it, it's just my speculation after so much research.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

You don’t know that, there is literally no information that suggests that what you have said is the most likely scenario. A dirty bomb would be best detonated in a underground rail network, shopping centre, sports stadium, airport, cruise liner and so on, a large building like an office block wouldn’t maximise deaths. It also would not lead to WWIII as 9/11 didn’t lead to WWIII and a dirty bomb would very likely have a very similar effect depending on the size of the bomb.

Really if you done your research you would know that. You would also know it is impossible to say it’s a false flag before anything has even happened and it is unlikely that a dirty bomb will be detonated.

Ignorance on ATS infuriates me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

When I read this this morning I thought to myself how lucky we are to have Homeland Security sticking their hands down every traveler's pants; keeping us safe from Americans who might have a nuke in their undies while keeping the borders wide open for our many, many friends from around the world who are yearning for wealth or freedom or terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join