It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro Mubarak protesters going rogue against the opposition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Pro Mubarak protesters going rogue against the opposition

www.latimes.com

A large group of pro-Mubarak forces pushed their way for the first time into Tahrir Square, which had been dominated by peaceful anti-Mubarak protests. Scuffles, shouts and fisticuffs broke out as the rival camps faced off .

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.etonline.com

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Demostrators against the mubarak regime has shown a very strong opposition to the use of violence and trough the 9 days the only attack has been against the police that really had it coming.
These people that support the regime must be a combination of several groups of different background. The fact that the army is not helping either side makes one think what is in store for later.

This might be a turnaround where the riots at one point will blend together and the army will attack. Then noone can critize the army when innocent gets injured or killed.

CNN reporter Anderson Cooper was attacked by these pro demonstrators who apparently never had heard about either cnn or Cooper.

www.latimes.com

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic

This might be a turnaround where the riots at one point will blend together and the army will attack. Then noone can critize the army when innocent gets injured or killed.

www.latimes.com

i think what will happen sooner or later, after days and weeks of protests and riots and demonstrations, everyone in the army will become jaded with it all, seeing their fellow peers is that state of distress. the army is not invincible, the army is made up of people, people just like the ones protesting. the military will become empathetic and either stand down completely, and not defend the government, or the army will switch completely to the side of protesters. In either scenario the protesters win, and the government is taken out of power completely.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's the cops. The army even let them in the square with weapons. This shows which side they are on

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Tha enormous Tahrir Square is now gone frome ground zero for the anti-demostrators to being a litteraly prison after allegely thousands of pro-Mubarak supporters have closed any possible way out. It is a genuine fear for a massacre within the next hours. The big question is; Are these protestors prisoners and the police in diquise as civilians?

The people within Tahrir Square seems to understand what is happening as they are pulling up stones from the streets, possibly to prepare since this dangerous.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

This belonged to a pro-Mubarak goon.

'nuff said.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Signs of pro mubarak being a active strategy

Rashid Khalidi, Edward Said professor of Modern Arab studies at Columbia University says "this is a game of chicken." The government is trying to incite chaos in order to maintain control as the transition happens. This includes, says Khalidi, the release of prisoners.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by flk1331

This belonged to a pro-Mubarak goon.

'nuff said.

Divide and conquer.

I'm starting to think this is a beta test by the elitists.

CX

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Watching it live on aljazeera at the moment, it's a mess in the middle of Cairo.

Heres a link to live footage...

english.aljazeera.net...

Pro government supporters have occupied a building and are throwing large rocks and other projectiles onto the anti-goverment supporters. More gunshots heard.

CX.
edit on 2/2/11 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

This is just crazy. Is this situation the thing many has talked about was coming? Many in here at ATS has talked about a feeling of something big happening. It just seems wrong. As if something is not right about the way this has played out so far

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's kicking off there at the moment.... have the news on.

Shots have been heard, lynch mobs snatching people and beating them and worse.... one of the Journalists was warned, live on the news earlier, that they were targeting and killing journalists. (The Pro Mubarak lots) for portraying Mubarak in a bad light.

This is getting very nasty.

Army have fired warning shots for the first time too....

Saw a guy getting pummelled earlier and the camera had to cut away, was horrible... made me feel awful.

This is only going to get worse

edit on 2/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I wondered how long it would take for the tide to turn this direction. I'm curious, even with the massive anti-Mubarak crowds, what percentage of the population do they actually represent? For example, is 10% of the population responsible for usurping a government that the other 90% were content with? These folks desperately need a fair election to figure this out and I fear September is just too far off.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This violence is awful and is the 'last gasp' of Mubarek Government ??.......... I have real sympathy for the demonstrators in the square as they are now being seriously disadvantaged by Pro-forces bringing in numbers with weapons !!!

One further point I want to make is this....

DOES the Nation Government Symbol / Flag, the Golden Eagle seriously remind you of the Nazi German Symbols from the 30's & 40's ??

PDUK

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i get the fact that some are crazy enough to go out in the streets just for the fight. But this screams conspiracy all over. Does anyone know if there has been any mentions about this in leaks from Bilderberg meetings, so far i can't find any articles saying this. But surely this must have been foresighted.
We know there was meeting about the french revolution even 15 years before it happened. Even amercians like Benjamin franklin has been mentioned as influences on this matter

Amercian influence on french revolution

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's definitely engineered. This "opposition" are plants, shills, provocateurs.

tptb are up to their usual shenanigans and evil manipulations.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Im watching Aljazeera English right now- Mubarek has asked the army to interveine, but I havent seen them yet, emergency vehicles are now arriving, to take care of protesters who have been hurt by thrown rocks from Mubarek supporters, and teargas hurled into the crowds

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

Now the protestors and pro Mubarek crowds are fighting in the streets. Gunshots have been reported near the egyptian museum.
They are now showing military trucks sheilding the protestors from the Pro Mubarek groups.
From ahat I can understand its the pro Mubarek groups that incited the fighting. The pro democracy groups are NOT backing down.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

Elbaradei(sp) has now asked the military to step in and protect the protestors- the army seems to be obliging by supplying truck road blocks for the protestors to hide behind. They are not according to reports firing on anyone, nor participating.

The riot inciters seem to be plain clothed security forces.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I hope the military kicks their behinds clear to timbuktu. And I hope they kick Mubarak's arse outta there as well. These people have lived under this type of thuggery long enough.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Aljazeera has just been knocked off the air on my stations in Missouri U.S.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join