It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama at his finest again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Obama with another great move after the printing of the kazillions we dont have.This time he slides into the HEALTH BILL he wanted passed so bad that as of the year 2013 ,when you sell your house,there will be an additional 3.5 percent tax on it.15 k on a 400 k house.Why would this be inserted into a health bill?Nobody even knows about this stuff,it is hidden in obscure bills not even relevant to the matter.If this is change,i want the old back,pleaseeee.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I would be very surprised if there was even one politician that read the entire bill before voting on it the way it was put together, pushed through and had all kinds of crazy, unassociated bits and pieces added and snuck in.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So now the older couple trying to downsize and live off social security,will lose a signifigant portion of their equity.Come on tv and announce this at a press conference.It is a tax increase of monumental proportions,the likes which our country has never seen before.How can it be slipped into a health care bill?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I haven't read the bill nor will I. I believe it was packaged the way it is so no one would read it, even the politicians voting on it. But someone needs to dig out a reliable source to back this up. I would but I don't have time as I am about to be out the door.

Me and the wife were talking the other day discussing the whole foreclosure debacle. We decided that with our house's value dropping over $100,000, that if either of us lost our job, we would walk away. We have a very large amount of money in our 401K's and in savings, but we decided that we didn't cause this mess so I will be damned if we're going to be penalized for it.

Now throw in that fact that most people are upside down on their mortgages and then charge them tax on their house when they sell, we'll see another batch of foreclosures late 2013, early 2014. The next course of action from our government is to garnish wages from people that walk away from their mortgages.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Mudman21 because: Grammatical error!

edit on 2-2-2011 by Mudman21 because: Spelling!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nothing like a little distortion to start the day off right.

I would ask you for your source, but I'm sure it is a chain email...so nevermind. Fortunately, I've heard this ridiculous claim enough to know exactly what you are talking about.

This new tax (medicare tax, which is why it is applicable to the healthcare bill) is on investment income for high income people ($250,000 a year or higher). And then it doesn't apply for the first $500,000 in net gain of the sale of an investment property ($250,000 for a single person). So this tax doesn't effect most people...and if you are selling your own home (lived in it for 2 years of the previous 5 years owned)...it doesn't apply because that isn't an investment property.

Here is a full page of fact checking that explains it nicely...please read through it and understand this will only affect something like the top 2% of earners...and then only if they have a huge net gain ($500,000 in one year).

factcheck.org...

The truth is that only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax. First of all, only those with incomes over $200,000 a year ($250,000 for married couples filing jointly) will be subject to it. And even for those who have such high incomes, the tax still won’t apply to the first $250,000 on profits from the sale of a personal residence — or to the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple selling their home.

I'm really not shedding a tear for those that first make over $250,000 a year...and then have a net gain of investments of over $500,000...those poor people...I hope they still have enough money to feed their family

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That is great information.It wont affect most people.the question still remains,why was this in a health bill from the beginning.To me this raises serious questions

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
That is great information.It wont affect most people.the question still remains,why was this in a health bill from the beginning.To me this raises serious questions

I would assume it is in the health care bill because it is a Medicare tax...and Medicare funding was addressed in the health care bill.

So I don't see an issue with a Medicare tax being included in the Health Care Reform bill.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I see a serious problem with it.It should have been announced at a national news conference that this tax would be inititiated to raise funds to make the bill work.It would have raised even more peoples eyebrows about the bill in general,which is horrible.If this was made public,this bill would have never passed.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Brindle, you just stated the obvious. first, someone has to pay for this health care system, as there has been over 700 plus waivers thus far. So if the corporations are not paying for it, then the little guy will! and by the way do not forget about the 16,000 plus new irs agents that will be put into the equation, to turn your little arse upside down shake every penny you have left out of your pants, and if none, you will be fined then possibly put into prison!

Welcome back to the land of Feudalism!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Brindle, you just stated the obvious. first, someone has to pay for this health care system, as there has been over 700 plus waivers thus far. So if the corporations are not paying for it, then the little guy will!

The truth is that only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax. First of all, only those with incomes over $200,000 a year ($250,000 for married couples filing jointly) will be subject to it. And even for those who have such high incomes, the tax still won’t apply to the first $250,000 on profits from the sale of a personal residence — or to the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple selling their home.

Well, God Bless America, if that's how you can define 'the little guy'!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

first, someone has to pay for this health care system, as there has been over 700 plus waivers thus far.

Those waivers are not EXEMPTIONS...they are temporary waivers and only applies to companies that apply limited benefits plans (mini-med plans)...and then only gives them an extension until 2014 to comply with the annual dollar cap elimination on insurance plans.

I made a whole thread on this because of people mis-representing these waivers. Please go check it out...if you still have questions after reading it...feel free to comment in the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Those waivers are temporary huh? ya, and i am the pope

Like i said before, if this health care bill is so great why did our legislative representatives opt out

Why is there over 700+ waivers

Why make it mandatory

Why put over 16,000 irs agents on the payroll

why are illegal aliens able to get this healthcare with out yet again paying for it

Etc
and so forth.

it all boils down to servitude, it is the first time in the history of the U.S that Amendment 13 or XIII is so blantantly disregarded!

I quote: Nether slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction-end quote.

So are you telling me that we are allllllll being punished

edit on 2-2-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Those waivers are temporary huh? ya, and i am the pope

Yes...they are temporary and for only one very specific portion of the bill. Please, go educate yourself about the waivers. I linked my thread earlier where I explain what the waivers are in detail...please read that or go do your own research to educate yourself.

Why is there over 700+ waivers

Because there are a lot of companies that offer mini-med plans. If you don't know what a mini-med plan is, then you do not fully understand the situation that is going on.

Why make it mandatory

Because you can't get rid of pre-existing conditions and annual/lifetime caps unless everyone participates. It's not scary...it's health insurance.

Why put over 16,000 irs agents on the payroll

This is just a flat out lie. Please give me a source that show INSIDE the legislation where it says this. I'll save you some time...it's not in there.

Again...fact checkers are your friend

factcheck.org...

This wildly inaccurate claim started as an inflated, partisan assertion that 16,500 new IRS employees might be required to administer the new law. That devolved quickly into a claim, made by some Republican lawmakers, that 16,500 IRS "agents" would be required. Republican Rep. Ron Paul of Texas even claimed in a televised interview that all 16,500 would be carrying guns. None of those claims is true.

why are illegal aliens able to get this healthcare with out yet again paying for it

Exactly what "healthcare" are they getting? Please don't tell me you still think that there is some sort of government run health program/plan with this legislation....do you???

Having health insurance is a punishment??? To attempt to relate this to slavery is laughable.

I suggest you do some research, and stop watching Fox News or whatever other partisan source you are getting your false (and proven false) talking points from.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
it all boils down to servitude, it is the first time in the history of the U.S that Amendment 13 or XIII is so blantantly disregarded!
I quote: Nether slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction-end quote.

I would be amused to see what your Black friends would have to say about your analogy. I suggest they might allow as how you don't quite get the concept.

Just like all those who talk about the US as a Nazi state. Hyperbole, indeed!

top topics

join