It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Al-Qaeda Could Unleash ‘Nuclear 9/11′

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well .. finally something of some interest from all this Wikileaks bruhahahahahaaa..

Al Qaeda Could Unleash Nuclear 9/11

According to reports from the UK’s Daily Telegraph and Vancouver Sun, a number of leaked diplomatic cables warn that the terrorist group Al-Qaeda may be on the verge of producing nuclear weapons after securing radioactive materials and rogue scientists to help carry out their deadly mission

Vancouver Sun - 'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents. A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11". Security briefings suggest that jihadi groups are also close to producing "workable and efficient" biological and chemical weapons that could kill thousands if unleashed in attacks on the West.

Not surprised that they are going the nuclear route.
Not surprised that we all don't know about it.
Not surprised that the gov'ts been keeping it all secret.

Still waiting to see the 'UFO' files ..
Still waiting to see the info that would 'lead to thousands of arrests' ..
But at least this is something interesting .. and timely considering the Mid East falling apart now ..

edit on 2/2/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
S&F!! Now if we could only get the ufo files!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Isn't it strange how Iran is taking years to just develop one nuke and already Al-Qaeda - a loose network - is on the verge of acquiring a nuclear weapon?

Gotta love American scare tactics.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
Isn't it strange how Iran is taking years to just develop one nuke and already Al-Qaeda - a loose network - is on the verge of acquiring a nuclear weapon?

Um .. no. Nothing strange about it.
There is a difference between Iran 'developing' nukes and Al-Qaeda 'acquiring' nukes. Developing means just that .. they are doing it themselves. Acquiring means just that ... that they are getting it from elsewhere. Probably former USSR states that are in disrepair and have lost track of their nuclear materials.

Gotta love anti-American folks that try to cover up the truth for radical muslim nutz.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What utter BS!

A dirty bomb IS NOT a nuclear device, and does not need "rogue scientists" to construct one. Heck, my granny, given the materials, could build one in her lounge. Take a load of radioactive waste or similar, wrap it around some explosives and...hey presto!... a dirty bomb.

Of course, we shouldn't let facts or reality get in the way of some sensationist reporting, they need the booga booga stories to keep coming in order to try to justify the continued drone attacks on goat herders and their families.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Um .. no. Nothing strange about it.
There is a difference between Iran 'developing' nukes and Al-Qaeda 'acquiring' nukes. Developing means just that .. they are doing it themselves. Acquiring means just that ... that they are getting it from elsewhere. Probably former USSR states that are in disrepair and have lost track of their nuclear materials.

Gotta love anti-American folks that try to cover up the truth for radical muslim nutz.

You don't think Iran could acquire nukes from a form USSR state either? Since they are the country who wants "to destroy Israel" so bad? Also you'd think the CIA, Interpol, NSA would be on top of this stopping Al-Qaeda from acquiring nukes, wouldn't you? Or is it anti-American to think critically?

Like I said, it's a fear mongering.

I'm not anti-American and I am not supporting radical Muslims. I'm surprised you'd make such a stupid assumption.

Guess we all don't see the world in black and white like you do.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What makes deviljin anti-american? Are you saying that the US doesn't fear monger, Or any other country for that matter?

Can you not come up with a more well thought out rebuttal than "Anti-American". It's 2011, not 2001.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Another story .. some examples of the memos

Newsmax

The leaked reports also gave examples of nuclear smuggling. One memo detailed how a freight train on the Kazakhstan-Russia border was found to be carrying weapons-grade material while a "small-time" dealer in Lisbon tried to sell radioactive plates stolen from Chernobyl, the Telegraph reported.

Another memo documented a January 2010 meeting between Janet Napolitano, US Secretary of Homeland Security, and European ministers in which the German interior minister revealed his concerns over aircraft security.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You don't think Iran could acquire nukes from a form USSR state either?

You made the following statement .. and THAT is the statement I responded to.

Like I said .. nothing strange about it at all. Iran could ACQUIRE some but they want the technology to make their own. ACQUIRING them and having the technology to make more are two differnet things.
Feed a man a fish nd he eats for a day.
Teach him to fish and he feeds himself endlessly.
It's very obvious that's what Iran is doing as opposed to Al Qaeda who just want to kill.

Like I said, it's a fear mongering.

Like I said ... just anti-America blathering.
Get your head out of the sand.
Iran said it wants to be a nuclear power. Al Qaeda has said it just wants to kill.
What is said in the memos fits what the 'personalities' of each group is.
That's not fear mongering .. it's just truth. Deal with it.

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
What makes deviljin anti-american?

Asked and answered. His statement was typical anti-America and lacking in common sense.

edit on 2/2/2011 by FlyersFan because: added last quote

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Say, did the Yanks ever find those missing nukes off of those planes that were illegally flying cross country armed, and then all the army whistle blowers died mysteriously of arkencide, what year before last?
or the missing fissionable material that has been "unaccumulating"?
or the stuff rumspheld anfd the Israelis have been "selling" world wide....
remeber thosae sat photos of the hotspot under the Israeli embasy in the states?

Hey man, remember those stingers we sold you?
Yep! Plenty Dirka dirka mohamad jihad!
Guess what? have we got a deal for you....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
does anyone really think that primitive men who basically live in a cave possess such advanced mental abilities to build such devices? it is hard to believe that cavemen now can become nuclear physicist buy cannot even build the simplest of human tools for everyday life..

..could the enemy be in our midst being they who plays the 'good guy' but who is really the enemy?

cavemen do not have this ability, who is really giving them this advanced tools if they 'do' even have them?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If Al-Qaeda were to acquire nuclear weapons don't you think they would have other targets before they would attack the US? How many attacks have they actually carried out on US soil? One, and that said one is still up for debate.

It would make more sense that if they acquired nukes they would use it in their own country to hold said country hostage and try a coup. Israel is probably their second option.

If they had nukes I don't think they would risk losing their weapon by trying to deliver it into the US, and having any said alphabet agency picking up on it. They for sure aren't going to be launching anything our way.

If al Qaeda just wanted to kill kill kill, which it appears you believe, don't you think they would kill more often? Maybe I'm missing who they wanted to kill? If you're assuming they want to kill Americans, they sure are bad about it. Street gangs kill more Americans any given year, even 2001, than al Qaeda. Hell, lightning kills more Americans.
edit on 2-2-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Considering that 'Al Qaeda' is a bogus manufactured front 'terror' group, looks like the co-operating intelligence agencies behind it's formation are going to manufacture another terrorist event in due course.One to dwarf the treasonous acts behind 9-11.

Don't believe false leaks. The world is being led down a garden path of manufactured divisions that are going to justify future warfare in the eyes of the sheeple who will call for blood. It's all a well thought out game of chess to the Illuminati.

edit on 2-2-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict9
Considering that 'Al Qaeda' is a bogus manufactured front 'terror' group, looks like the co-operating intelligence agencies are going to manufacture another terrorist event in due course.One to dwarf the treasonous acts behind 9-11.

Don't believe false leaks. The world is being led down a garden path of manufactured divisions that are going to justify future warfare. It's all a well thought out game of chess to the Illuminati.

Yep. Have to 100% agree. I was leery of Wikileaks previously. Now just too much Middle Eastern pro-war propaganda coming out lately. Not that I or 99.999% of people know for sure, but I am thinking this is a straight up disinformation campaign or mix of half truths.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there was a documentary that aired on BBC last year proving that Al Qaeda does not (and never did) exist.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

It's not really rocket science to use nuclear waste as weapons. You can pretty much read up how to do ity online. Acquiring the nuclear material is the hard part.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
when meandering through the "recent posts" part of the website i saw this thread, read the OP, and instantly began wondering if maybe there more to wikileaks than meets the eye. perhaps they released real government cables, a disgusting helicopter video, and some other not-interesting things to garner trust and put on the mask of "truthiness". now, to me at least, it seems like they are planting a seed in the mass publics mind that links a possible nuclear attack to, who else, al-qaeda...rrrrrrrright.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

..could the enemy be in our midst being they who plays the 'good guy' but who is really the enemy?

I've often thought that. It makes an interesting thought exercise to consider that all of the people we have been conditioned to belive are somehow against us -Iran, Venezuela, China, etc, are really the good guys while the people that we have believed are the good guys really aren't.

If there is some sort of attack, it may be terrorists but of the All-CIA-Duh variety.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

I'm not anti-American and I am not supporting radical Muslims. I'm surprised you'd make such a stupid assumption.

Fu#@ that. You don't have to justify a damn thing and it certainly doesn't make you un-american!

I love my country but I despise my government and I certainly don't believe in some BS boogeyman.

Question everything!

WIKILEAKS is GARBAGE

top topics

join