It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting Breaks out in Tahrir Square

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

the problem is where it'll lead today...
and so far it seems to be any ones guess..
the anger really does seem to be building in the anti government camp.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcoyote
4 or 5 days of completely peaceful, happy protests, and then that?

Part of this is Elbardei's fault. Instead of calming the crowds and helping with a peaceful transition, he has gotten antsy to get in power and he said "Mubarak is a dead man walking'. The puppet front man for The Muslim Brotherhood is talking bloodshed for a change of power instead of a peaceful transition (to sharia law if the Muslim Brotherhood gets its way .. which isn't better than what they have now).

edit on 2/2/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Anyone here know whether or not the pro government supporters outnumber the anti government supporters?

I just turned on my TV and all I see are a bunch of angry people. I hear that the pro government supporters are running around on horses and camels whipping people, according to CNN at least.

This sky article says that the numbers are approximately the same for both sides. They seem to be getting/have gotten most of their information from Al-Jazeera, so it's relatively reliable. I'm not watching the live feed myself though at the minute.

The timing of this seems awfully strange. Why did it take a week plus for more than the odd one of these pro-Mubarak supporters to arrive? I know there were small minorities previously, but nothing like this. Gunfire has been heard now, apparently. It's looking pretty bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is whom the pro-Mubarack protesters are

click link for the pic

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I keep hearing people say "get on the side of history". That is not always good, as we saw in Iran.

However, liberty is not had by the timid. The Egyptians are showing themselves to be inspiring people. Lets just hope that they don't get taken over, once their adrenaline subsides, by extremists. I think the extremist mindset is dying off, so i have some hope (as this is a revolt of the youth). We will see.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

The global elite who run the technocratic panopticon, and its military industrial complex in the US, in Israel, and everywhere else, RUNS THE SHOW! There is no such thing as democracy! Its an illusion perpetrated on the masses through the use of the MEDIA to spread propaganda! They are using very sophisticated high technologies as well, both overt and covet! They LET you think that you can make a difference! They LET you vote, but the system is rigged, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN! Any attempt to rise up to oppose it will lead to imprisonment, torture, and DEATH! Satan plays both side against the other! The BEAST wants people to fight so that it can use its 'forces' against the masses, and then force everyone to use its 'innovations' and 'solutions'!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

click link for the pic

I've made this post just a moment ago, could someone embed the pic so that we can see it.
We must remind that the pro Mubarack protesters are staged attack, in order to arrest the anti mubarack protesters.

I've heard on the stream a woman in panic telling that al the entry's and exits are being blocked

(MuBarackObamaBinLaden)
edit on 2-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

click link for the pic

Great find!

Not suprised at all, though.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I was watching the stream hanging backwards in my chair. I saw this moment, and almost fell in the attempt to hit the print screen button.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Just as i suspected. Mubarak is sending out his own police force to protest on his behalf. This reminds me of an episode of the Sopranos.

He is just trying to keep enough legitimacy to stay in power until September. In so doing, he will be able to exert some control, away from the prying eyes of the public, over the oncoming government.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't have much to say, but I'm heavily disgusted. Went to school, tthen turned onthe TV as I came back and what do I see? Pro-Mumbaraks killing protesters. They have weapons, horses, camels, they're blocking roads...they're obviously funded by Mumbrak itself, I am so disgusted.

In my ideal world, democratic countries would step in and take action...but the real world is so disgusting...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Sorry to have to break it to you, but you're finding out that the WORLD is evil, and the WORLDY are totally corrupt, wicked, selfish, uncaring, inhuman, brutal, profligates, profiteers, liars, and murderers! Their end is foretold!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
I don't have much to say, but I'm heavily disgusted. Went to school, tthen turned onthe TV as I came back and what do I see? Pro-Mumbaraks killing protesters. They have weapons, horses, camels, they're blocking roads...they're obviously funded by Mumbrak itself, I am so disgusted.

In my ideal world, democratic countries would step in and take action...but the real world is so disgusting...

Freedom and liberty is not for the timid. What happens when we step in? Iraq all over again?

The whole reasoning behind Democracy is to allow the people to decide. They are doing that in Egypt right now, and I think they are doing a fine job. I wish i was there with them.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

You are witnessing Egypt fall to the Islamic Jihad and The Muslim Brotherhood.

It has little to do with self-absorbed Westerners and their fancy notions of freedom and individual rights and has everything to do with Islam, Jihad, and Sharia.

Denial of Jihad is deadly as the Egyptians are finding out now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Not buying into that. MEDIA IS CONTROLLED!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Oh I've always known that. Ever since I've started following politics, I've always thought it was odd and somehow not right. I'm not scared, because I'm pretty sure TPTB is on its last leg, but this event only reminds me how disgusting they can be.

There is no democratic country, democracy is an illusion. That's why I said ideal world, because it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

No, clearly not ALL Egyptians dislike Mubarak or atleast, most of them don't want an extremist organization to take over their democratic country

what makes you think egypt is democratic....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

That's cool. The Muslim Brotherhood thanks you for your denial of their methodology. It serves them, and the Islamic Jihad in Egypt quite nicely.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Anyone here know whether or not the pro government supporters outnumber the anti government supporters?

I just turned on my TV and all I see are a bunch of angry people. I hear that the pro government supporters are running around on horses and camels whipping people, according to CNN at least.

The "pro government supporters" aren't what our media is portraying them as. They are the state police thugs dressed in civilian clothes (you know, the ones that the Egyptian people are terrified of - basically gestapo). MSM wants to act (as one can hear from their statements) that this is not a popular uprising, but just some malcontents. While I was watching the square where there were people as far as the eye could see, they kept referring to the crowd as "only a few hundred people". When there were probably 50 thousand just in the camera view.

There are no "pro-government supporters" except for the Egyptian Gestapo.

While I am definitely against the muslim religious factions, the people should have the right to choose their own path. But this probably isn't about either a religious takeover or about idealistic thoughts of freedom. This is more about not having to pay off a guy in government to get your phone service turned on or do business, only to have them come back and demand more tribute from you in the future. The government there really is incredibly corrupt. Apartment buildings start construction and stop halfway through. And there is no recourse for any of these daily things. This is very much a revolution about being fed up with government corruption. At least that's my opinion today.

edit on 2-2-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I see the Police wore their
civilian clothes to work today
and each brought along a bag
of rocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join