It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting Breaks out in Tahrir Square

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Fighting Breaks out in Tahrir Square

english.aljazeera.net

Fighting has now broken out between pro Mubarack supporters and the protestors. People on the ground are reporting that these people were put in to cause fights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-2-2011 by kcoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
So I was watching Al Jazeera and saw that fighting has broken out. Clearly these pro supporters have been inserted to cause trouble. 4 or 5 days of completely peaceful, happy protests, and then that? Terrible.

When will Mubarack just leave? How much bloodshed is now going to happen because one man won't just leave?

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kcoyote

I think he is doing the same as Obama and Cameron/Clegg will do when this roles into a capital near us. They dont like to give up the power do they regardless oh how the people feel, its just another sad fact of this hugely messed up world

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Western historians will write of the days when all the Western powers watched with uncomprehending eyes as yet another great and mighty nation, another deep culture spanning millennia slips into the patient hands of the Islamic Empire.

They will also write how we unwittingly, through our denial of Jihad, actually assisted in the fall of Egypt.

Islamic historians will, perhaps, have a more sunny take on things.
edit on 2-2-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
one of the reporters was commenting that he sees uniformed police driving cars with loud speaker systems leading the pro Mubarak supporters..

One has to wonder who is orchestrating this as the Army has now pulled back, and what it will take to get them involved to restore peace by keeping the two groups apart.

I fear this will only get worse..
edit on 2/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The Muslim Brotherhood is in control.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The news here in the UK is saying that the violence is getting worse and reporting people with servere injuries can this world get any worse.......................................................
edit on 2-2-2011 by sharky980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharky980
The news here in the UK is saying that the violence is getting worse and reporting people with servere injuries can this world get any worse.......................................................
edit on 2-2-2011 by sharky980 because: (no reason given)

Unfurtunately, I think it possibly can. This has nothing to do with religion or politics, its a simple fact that the people are more educated, and are living in poverty. It's a basic human need, and something we will see more and more happening in the world as debt increases as the weath gap increases also.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcoyote
Clearly these pro supporters have been inserted to cause trouble. 4 or 5 days of completely peaceful, happy protests, and then that? Terrible.

No, clearly not ALL Egyptians dislike Mubarak or atleast, most of them don't want an extremist organization to take over their democratic country.

And do you really think that the last 4-5 days were peaceful and happy? Need I remind you that around 100 people died?... Funny to see people re-writing events as it suits them.

Latest clashes:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

their democratic country

Their democratic country???

Take your filthy propaganda somewhere else, eh!!

Absolutely disgusting!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well they may not be a democracy, but surely they are the most moderately democratic arab country in the middle east.

Be sure that if Mubarak will quit this week like the protesters demand, the rule of Egypt will be transfered to another party in an unorganized fashion. A quick shift of power will probably mean an extremist group taking over.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The Muslim Brotherhood is in control.

Sorry I don't buy that notion, there is not enough evidence, they might be trying to hijack the protests, but I really don't think the Muslim Brotherhood are in control...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
hope all this riots business dont come to uk got a bad feeling the muslims in uk will see all these riots as a example and try to bring on a sharia nation

there must be islamic secre societys what you think

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
to be expected no?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
BBC News has a live feed; the rock throwing was getting more and more intense, then one side charged and the other retreated. A couple of people were mobbed and are presumably dead now. The side than ran off has now reformed and the same thing is about to happen again. They have bits of wood and other improvised weapons and shields.

Edit: The Mubarak supporters are far more heavily armed and they were the ones who charged. They also have knives according to the BBC but the camera is relatively far away and I haven’t seen any myself.
edit on 2/2/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Mubarak is one selfish as, from what ive seen.
For him its more important to stay in power, than hundreds of human lives which can easily go up.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Egyptians have spoken... they want that guy out. He should just leave and let his VP take power until the elections.

His VP has the same views and agenda so it would be easy for them to set up more vote rigging

I have a feeling that eventually it is going to get real bloody, these people are fed up and on edge. It is only a matter of time before the Army is ordered to use more force.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Anyone here know whether or not the pro government supporters outnumber the anti government supporters?

I just turned on my TV and all I see are a bunch of angry people. I hear that the pro government supporters are running around on horses and camels whipping people, according to CNN at least.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Good Live coverage:

AlJazeeraLive on youtube

Today will see many clashes imo with the appearance of all the pro presidential protesters supported by security forces.

I still think tommorrow (fri) will see a march on the presidential palace and huge riots.

The army have done a great job so far, but now, it seems they are taking a back seat while the passion of all these people is overflowing.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
The Mubarak supporters are far more heavily armed and they were the ones who charged.

Maybe they're better funded?

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I have a feeling that eventually it is going to get real bloody, these people are fed up and on edge. It is only a matter of time before the Army is ordered to use more force.

That, I believe, is the grand plan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join