Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What one motivated Gurkha and his Kukri knife can do.

page: 1
65
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+37 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I love good ole' Johnny Gurkha, best infantry in the world and they make a bloody good curry too.


Whoa...holy cow! Every once in a while someone in the world comes along and reminds us what a true hero really looks like. A 35 year-old Gurkha soldier named Bishnu Shrestha was riding a train when he suddenly found himself in the middle of a massive robbery. 40 men armed with knives, swords and guns stormed the train and began robbing the passengers.


Full Story here



Enjoy




posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Brilliant, thanks for posting... I've proudly worked alongside a troop of Gurkhas, simply utterly brilliant people, and I honestly wouldn't expect anything less of them
nor expect anything less of a well used Kukri.

thanks for the linky
cheered my day up

edit on 2/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Brilliant, thanks for posting... I've proudly worked alongside a troop of Gurkhas, simply utterly brilliant people, and I honestly wouldn't expect anything less of them
nor expect anything less of a well used Kukri.

thanks for the linky
cheered my day up

edit on 2/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)


I too have had that honour. They are funny little men, but fierce & worthy of their reputation.

They are also very protective of that Kukri, not violently, just very wary of who's in reach of it.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape
 


top stuff -

this only strenghtenes my argument for what to do about the " ghurkas nattionality / residency question "

its simple - sack all the useless PCSOs , " communitiy wardens " " traffic enforcement officers " and other useless eaters who " patrol " our streets with shiney uniforms , and no real aouthority - and an inability to respond to any realey dangeresous incidents

and replace them with retired ghurkas - armed with a big riot stick , taser , thier kuri and a side arm [ just incase they find them selves outnumbered 100 :1 ]

add a radio - they wont need to call for help - only report where the bodies are


first aid kit - so they can render firs resonder assistance

maps and GPS so they can help lost civilians

and there you have it - a force that will make the streets safer & assissit people in distress or die trying

inlike the useless eaters we have now - they wont stand around because they need to do a risk assesment while a child dies in a pond or attempt to " talk to people " who really need a good kicking .

i really should suggest this to joanna lumbley



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
And I thought Steven seagal was a bad ass mo fo!!


Seriously though, this guy is a true hero.. He deserves a medal for this act of bravery!

I'm just glad those gurkas fight with britain and not against..



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38
 


My honour came after the Brighton Bombing, when they where posted at that base I was working out of. Many great stories, and some really funny ones
I have to admit I am in complete awe of them... and the Kukri..

One of the contractors kept taking the pee out of them with all the shorty jokes.. and one day while on guard duty they asked him to take his car into the car park to they could inspect it, they then got out a tool box and took the car apart


They took off the doors, wheels and seats etc, placing the parts nearly like a model kit on the floor of the car park, once they finished they where so apologetic for delaying him and went back to their post, as he stared with his mouth open at his car spread over the car park..

The whole camp was in hysterics at the come comeuppance for this plank.. one of the best things I have ever seen.. but it was the utterly polite and apologetic way they did it that had me in utter stitches.

Sorry, rather off topic.. and must sound quite boring.. but hey
edit on 2/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: spelling



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah these guys are fantastic I have worked with a few and they are the most proffesional guys I have met!!.
They know of no fear awesome lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Rock Ape
 


top stuff -

this only strenghtenes my argument for what to do about the " ghurkas nattionality / residency question "

its simple - sack all the useless PCSOs , " communitiy wardens " " traffic enforcement officers " and other useless eaters who " patrol " our streets with shiney uniforms , and no real aouthority - and an inability to respond to any realey dangeresous incidents

and replace them with retired ghurkas - armed with a big riot stick , taser , thier kuri and a side arm [ just incase they find them selves outnumbered 100 :1 ]

add a radio - they wont need to call for help - only report where the bodies are


first aid kit - so they can render firs resonder assistance

maps and GPS so they can help lost civilians

and there you have it - a force that will make the streets safer & assissit people in distress or die trying

inlike the useless eaters we have now - they wont stand around because they need to do a risk assesment while a child dies in a pond or attempt to " talk to people " who really need a good kicking .

i really should suggest this to joanna lumbley



One thing is for sure.. One of those fellas tells me not to park or
Move my car.. I don't think they would get the usual 2 word reply, second word being off!!



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I love good ole' Johnny Gurkha, best infantry in the world and they make a bloody good curry too.


Whoa...holy cow! Every once in a while someone in the world comes along and reminds us what a true hero really looks like. A 35 year-old Gurkha soldier named Bishnu Shrestha was riding a train when he suddenly found himself in the middle of a massive robbery. 40 men armed with knives, swords and guns stormed the train and began robbing the passengers.


Full Story here



Enjoy


I don't want to rain on everybody's parade, but that news story is factually false, from what I can gather. Gurka soldiers are badass- but it seems that your version of the story is fantasy.

Telegraph India Story



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by glome

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I love good ole' Johnny Gurkha, best infantry in the world and they make a bloody good curry too.


Whoa...holy cow! Every once in a while someone in the world comes along and reminds us what a true hero really looks like. A 35 year-old Gurkha soldier named Bishnu Shrestha was riding a train when he suddenly found himself in the middle of a massive robbery. 40 men armed with knives, swords and guns stormed the train and began robbing the passengers.


Full Story here


Enjoy


I don't want to rain on everybody's parade, but that news story is factually false, from what I can gather. Gurka soldiers are badass- but it seems that your version of the story is fantasy.

Telegraph India Story


We all know the media can hype up storys but these guys are all heroes and if I was in a trench with anybody it would be one of them!.
edit on 2-2-2011 by sharky980 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It is just too bad that this good guy was not carrying a firearm... he would have saved himself from that bad wound on his arm, and probably would have chased the perps away at a much faster rate then that which occurred...

All good guys should be able to carry a firearm at all times.. On the other hand, bad guys should get life in prison if caught carrying a gun or caught having one in their procession anywhere. If all good guys were armed, crime like this would never occur... its very easy how this type of problem can be eliminate.. bad guys do not like a fair fight as they are cowards...



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by glome
 


Still wouldn't want to face one who has drawn his Kukri... and by the story in the Times he still stood up to the robbers injuring 3, not bad for a narrow train compartment.. and it does not diminish his stance in my opinion..

thanks for posting that link tho
edit on 2/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRedSoda
It is just too bad that this good guy was not carrying a firearm... he would have saved himself from that bad wound on his arm, and probably would have chased the perps away at a much faster rate then that which occurred...

All good guys should be able to carry a firearm at all times.. On the other hand, bad guys should get life in prison if caught carrying a gun or caught having one in their procession anywhere. If all good guys were armed, crime like this would never occur... its very easy how this type of problem can be eliminate.. bad guys do not like a fair fight as they are cowards...


I dunno.... I think I would prefer to face a Gurkha with a gun in his hands than one with his Kukri drawn... as I believe I would stand a better chance of remaining in one piece that way
edit on 2/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape
 


Chuck Norris award for sure.
Chuck would be proud.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
lol cool thread



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nobody can fight like a gurkha.In WWII they used to sneak up on Japanese sentrys and cut their shoelaces for fun.I was once told a story that I can't confirm about a group of gurkha's in Burma during WWII.Their British officer put them in ranks and asked for volenteers for a mission to be airdropped behind enemy lines . Only one stepped forward which took the officer aback cause usually they would all volenteer.When he asked the Gurkha if he was ready for the mission , the Gurkha responded that he was ready but could he please have a parachute to jump from the plane.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I love good ole' Johnny Gurkha, best infantry in the world and they make a bloody good curry too.


Whoa...holy cow! Every once in a while someone in the world comes along and reminds us what a true hero really looks like. A 35 year-old Gurkha soldier named Bishnu Shrestha was riding a train when he suddenly found himself in the middle of a massive robbery. 40 men armed with knives, swords and guns stormed the train and began robbing the passengers.


Full Story here



Enjoy


My dad was in the Royal Marines and he always tells the story of when his commando squad spent the night in the jungles of Borneo with some Gurkha's, when they woke up in the morning the Gurkha's had vanished in the middle of the night without making a sound and nobody heard them leave, he loves telling that story and I love to hear it.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
totally freaking brilliant!!!
Love that guy, love that story and big applause to that man!!


That is a nice story to be told.

S n F for you mate!!



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are a few forces I would hate to face even with all of my skill.

Gurkha's, Philippine Marines, Russian Spetsnaz and US Green Beret's. Stories like this prove why.
edit on 2-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Nobody can fight like a gurkha.In WWII they used to sneak up on Japanese sentrys and cut their shoelaces for fun.I was once told a story that I can't confirm about a group of gurkha's in Burma during WWII.Their British officer put them in ranks and asked for volenteers for a mission to be airdropped behind enemy lines . Only one stepped forward which took the officer aback cause usually they would all volenteer.When he asked the Gurkha if he was ready for the mission , the Gurkha responded that he was ready but could he please have a parachute to jump from the plane.


My grandad was in Burma during WWII he has told me lots of storys about Burma and 1 about the Gurkas was that 1 night they went out and when they came back a few of them had heads from Japenese soldiers with them and just plonked them on the ground scary stuff if you ask me............





new topics

top topics



 
65
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join