It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking the Origins of Speedy Space Particles,Space weather & Substorms with THEMIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

NASA's Time History of Events and Macroscale Interaction during Substorms (THEMIS) spacecraft combined with computer models have helped track the origin of the energetic particles in Earth's magnetic atmosphere that appear during a kind of space weather called a substorm.

Understanding the source of such particles and how they are shuttled through Earth's atmosphere is crucial to better understanding the Sun's complex space weather system and thus protect satellites or even humans in space.

Nasa

If we are able to fully understand these space particles and apply it to spaceflight & better understanding the Sun then this could be huge.This is crucial information relating to our environment and future applications with spaceflight.

I truly hope that we are able to continue making great strides in our limited understanding of our planet,solar system and the rest of the cosmos.

I know without the Sun we would not even be here.( depending on your opinion with the origins of life of course
) I hope I live to see the day we are finally able to travel interstellar through out the universe.
( If they are not already able to,we would never be told,at east we are in the dark nor now)

I can only dream & imagine what it must be like flying in space

edit on 2-2-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
An artist's rendition of the five THEMIS space spacecraft traveling through the magnetic field lines around Earth. Credit: NASA

An artist's concept of the THEMIS spacecraft as it might appear in orbit. Credit: NASA

Surprised no one has replied or are interested in this current information & mission!?
to each their own.

edit on 2-2-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

join