It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: al-Qaeda 'is planning a dirty bomb'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Al-Qaeda is actively tring to secure nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build a radioactive "dirty" bomb, according to leaked diplomatic documents.

A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What a lovely article to read first thing this morning.

They are trying to recruit rogue scientists? Come on, you don't need a scientist for a dirty bomb. Instead of strapping nails around the outside of their bomb, they surround it with radioactive material.

Is that little snippet so Iran can be implicated at some point? Who knows. Let's just hope this is some good old fashioned scaremongering, and nothing comes of it. Or maybe it will be the long prophisised false flag.

Apologies if already posted.

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm just sitting here scratching my head at how it seems like the world has gone completely downhill in the past couple of weeks. Hope this isn't true at all. Be it false flag or not, a nuke is a nuke
edit on 2-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Well that is the thing it wouldn't be an actual nuke as such. Just a conventional weapon with some nasty stuff thrown in the mix. There is no critical mass or runaway chain reaction.

I don't think soldiers are too much at risk, as they will all be equipped with NBC suits, respirators etc, should a dirty bomb be used.

The real worry is a weapon like this being used in an urban area. As soon as the word nuclear is used it definitely conjures up some horrible images. Which is why it is the perfect 'terrorist' weapon.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
wikileaks = ISrael. ISrael wants you to think al-Qaeda, working with IRan, working with Lebannon, working with Syria, working with Iraq, are going to murder you.

It's a load of crap. Why is the ISraeli embassy in New York radioactive? Why are home radiation meters banned in New York?

Wikileaks is cointelpro 100%, a few legit leaks that are less than important, the rest is complete fabrications that benefit Israel and only Israel.

Maybe everyone has selective memory, here's what I remember since 911:

al-Qaeda is going to nuke the US with russian suitcase bombs
al-Qaeda is sneaking nukes through mexico
al-Qaeda is going to spray chemical agents from single seater planes over cities
al-Qaeda is going to use model airplanes with bombs on them
al-Qaeda is going to use model airplanes with sarin gas
al-Qaeda is going to start wildfires in the US
al-Qaeda is going to set off a dirty bomb

The KEY piece of information, other than none of that ever happened, is the TIMING of the information release, just like the ones above, this one comes at a time where the US economy is tanking, riots have errupted world wide, the NWO is losing ground, the banker bailout is proven to be fraud, the housing debackle is also the governments fault, they are raping social security to pay china, the us is slipping into a 3rd world position.

Yes, lets wave the al-Qaeda flag around a few times just to make sure people remember to be afraid.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Touche, but then this

Security briefings suggest that jihadi groups are also close to producing "workable and efficient" biological and chemical weapons that could kill thousands if unleashed in attacks on the West.

THAT makes me almost want to # myself. Biological and chemical weapons can easily spread through the air for a long way. I just don't want this turning into a "get them before they get us" scenario because I can only imagine what would happen after that. I'm sure they would go for big cities like Chicago (where I am
), LA, New York, DC, etc
edit on 2-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

dirty bombs wouldn't be used against military targets, they'd be used against a city. There is no nuclear reaction in a dirty bomb. A dirty bomb is a standard explosive that has radioactive material in it, that gets spread out after the explosion. This would really truely suck, but you can tell a lot from radio active material, so they'd probably be able to tell you where the radiated material came from. And I'm guessing the Official story will be Iran, even though they haven't enriched uranium past 19% and the IAEA has been monitoring constantly stating no material has been diverted from the energy program (nothing missing)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well I guess this would explain the latest and greatest Air Force commercial with collapsed bridges and apocolyptic backdrops.

In reality we all new this was coming; its always been just a matter of time before terrorists got their hands on dirty bomb materials. If you didn't expect this, then you have been in the dark or in denial.

Better stock up on the iodine pills. Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
if this is true then it is bad news for the civillians of (probably) israel, they wont be able to make the stuff explode but it can be a very nasty cancer spreading device that will kill many over a long period of time but probably no more than a couple of thousand at the most so it will not be the end of the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

www.telegraph.co.uk

Al-Qaeda is actively tring to secure nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build a radioactive "dirty" bomb, according to leaked diplomatic documents.

A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11".

I think that the CIA planted that with the documents they released to Wikileaks.

Top Ranking CIA Operatives Admit Al-qaeda Is a Complete Fabrication

by Mr. Charrington on January 7, 2008

BBC’s killer documentary called “The Power of Nightmares“. Top CIA officials openly admit, Al-qaeda is a total and complete fabrication, never having existed at any time. The Bush administration needed a reason that complied with the Laws so they could go after “the bad guy of their choice” namely laws that had been set in place to protect us from mobs and “criminal organizations” such as the Mafia. They paid Jamal al Fadl, hundreds of thousands of dollars to back the U.S. Government’s story of Al-qaeda, a “group” or criminal organization they could “legally” go after. This video documentary is off the hook…
polidics.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hmm. So we are back to proper WMD scare tactics again. I take it I am not the only person who remembers the rampant fear and hate that was spawned when Iraq was said to have WMD technology. Look what that bunch of absolute BS did for the world. Illegal war, reprehensible conduct on the part of coallition forces, collateral damage which only served as a recruiting point for terror groups, and a whole bunch of angry people on every side of the battle, culminating in a general war on terror, which has ended up raping its way to and through Afghanistan and is seeking other places to hit next.
Al-Qaeda has been allegedly planning a dirty bomb since most of us in the West first heard the name in the news. It was either going to be a dirty bomb, or a smuggled nuke going off in a city, or a chemical weapon released at a population hub, or a biological agent let off at strategic points to infect and decay the target area, and spread a debilitating plauge througout the lands of the infidel. And none of it ever came to pass, even though the secret services were all crapping themselves about it, if thier reports to thier respective governments are to be believed, and wars and battles have been fought on the very same pretext already, and nothing, NOTHING has ever come to light in the public view, which proves either the capability if not the intention on the part of Al-Qaeda to do any such thing.
Oh sure, we know there are terror groups who would LIKE to strike down a western city with a devastating blow that actualy stops the nation functioning at all (not like 9/11 or the 7/7 attacks which although terrible for all concerned, could not alone have ended a nations ability to function) , but a lack of capability, and the professionalism of the real counter terrorists in the world has prevented them from performing such an act of violence.
The governments of the coallition partners , are not weak, and have security services which are far and above the strength and capability that we can ever know about, and crucialy far and above those of the terrorist cells that are operating in the west , or abroad. Contrary to the government line, the secret services of America and Britain, and Europe as a whole ARE near omnipotent, DO have eyes and ears wherever they want them, when ever they want them, and DO opperate from a massive undepletable well of cash and resource. Nothing is denied to them at all, because doing thier job would not be possible otherwise.
The only attacks that have ever made it past thier lines of defence have done so because the intelligence services either deemed the acts a good lever to coax more liberty from the hands of the people, or to force us to accept a false hood, that war is the only answer, that without it defending our borders is impossible.
They lie. They now remind us of the WMD threat, just in case any of us had forgotten , and no doubt this is to take everyones minds off the protests , and firmly on respect for the authority which keeps us safe. Well it wont wash with me, and I dont believe that everyone in the West is psychologicaly incapable enough to let it wash with them either.
I will believe it, when it happens, and even if it does, I wont sacrifice one single shred more of my liberty to stop it. If its a choice between being blown up and irradiated, and giving shadowy figures any say what so ever in what I do, how I do it, or where I do it, then I will happily die, knowing I died on my feet, not covered in my own neurotic effluent in the gutter, with all the other weaklings.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think the comments in this thread are thankfully the general consensus amongst the population. After reading any comments I could find about today's latest horror story on the news sites carrying it, most people can see through the crap. Certainly the comments with the most green arrows/recommendations are those which reiterate our feelings here at ATS.

Thought you might enjoy this lecture I found on TED.

Irwin Redlener on surviving a nuclear attack:

www.ted.com...

new topics

top topics

join