It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experienced Astral-ers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've been trying for some time now and recently I've been able to be lucid while dreaming. Is there anyway to push myself over the top? Can you perhaps help push me?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by soultorent
I've been trying for some time now and recently I've been able to be lucid while dreaming. Is there anyway to push myself over the top? Can you perhaps help push me?

You know what all this time on ATS and i haven't asked yet, you got a technique on Lucid dreaming?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by soultorent

Regimented practice, focused intention, writing down your experiences.

Training creates strength of mind, and strength of mind creates clarity within the astral world.

You just have to keep doing it, and eventually you will reach a plateau where everything suddenly seems different, and you barely noticed the climb.

Start with guided visualizations, meditation and you can try experimenting with dreaming aids.

The more you begin to remember, the more resources you will have at your disposal.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Sorry xD Just asking sorry.

Astral projecting has been difficult to achive for me although i've been close once.

You want to imagine yourself looking at yourself sleeping. Lol.

You want to lay on your back and imagine being above yourself looking down at you.

You want to focus on leaving your body straight upward or just appearing above yourself

That's all i know

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
try using binuaral beat music
or isolation chambers

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Herbs. Plants. Things like Salvia divinorum, '___', acid, weed. Learning to recognize the gold like foil in front of your eyes, really your being, holding together this world made of nothing and everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Persistence is key my friend.
Here's a link to a youtube channel with a lot of interesting/helpful techniques for Lucid Dreams & OOBE's.
Link

Peace 2 all

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
if you can already lucid dream you can astral project, I have to get to work but i'll be back in a bit.

ever noticed how when in a nightmare you are running away from a monster or something, you start slowing down/get heavier?

that's cause you are leaving the Dreaming/etheric plane and on the borders between it and lower Astral.

start off with your LD and run, when you start getting heavy slow stop and start flying in same direction you'll cross over then if flying is to difficult at first try jumping/bouncing and then try flying.
don't forget to look at your hands or whatever technique you use to keep yourself lucid and don't get too excited/emotional or you'll wind up in the physical plane again

there are different "laws" for each inner plane so moving around in each of them follows different rules

Ophiel's Art and Practice of Astral Projection has more details.

hope this is of help

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
could one get stuck out of body and just be in a coma in the physical world until you reached your body once again??

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

no, the silver-cord prevents this, and will also yank you back after awhile.

your physical body will pull you back if external stimuli [danger, loud noises, somebody coming into the room,etc] frighten it

pretty much all of the fears associated with AP originate with the body.

the body is afraid that once you lose all fear of death you will leave it behind/ abandon it
edit on 2-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Astral projecting is more than just ascending into a world of wonder outside your physical body. Hyper awareness of your surroundings is part of it and this ability can be very antagonizing and irritating if you do not know what it is.

The professionals try to identify it with the DSM4 and pacify it with pharmaceuticals and peer pressure or group think.
Go to school
Have a job
Be independent
Aquire and Consume goods, products and services
Marry have kids
Have interests mainly in only what is presented by the false reality. The so called hobbies. Knitting, painting, photography, astronomy, tennis, cars, exercise etc

If you are not exhibiting these societal traits you are an outsider living in the astral relm. The group norm you just simply cannot conform or fit yourself into no matter what you do and even if you do manage to fit it is very very uncomfortable

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

Another mug who take's acid.
Every now and then I see people adivising other's to take hard illegal drugs

The kind that could do potential harm.
Have you any responsibility what so ever in the word's that you write?
Astral projection, lucid dreaming, doe's not require you to take drugs.
When you do that, what happen's usually is you trip out and see hallucination's.
You also become addicted and a problem, potentially, toward's your self and other's.
So I can come on here and not say # but advise another member on what hard drugs to take

Fuming is the word when I read post's from total loser's like you!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

you dont think any substances put here to aid us in spiritual enlightening?

i am not agreeing or disagreeing but if you were to use anything, i'd stay away from man made/synthetic stuff and stick to things that come from the ground...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Start looking at your food/water (stay away from stimulants/man-made/commercial food) and also make sure to have a candle burning - you need natural light to enter your eyes so you can see vividly. Also, try lucid dreaming whist lying on a couch, its easier when your neck is tilted upwards, usually beds are designed to restrict astral travel. Lastly, you need fuel for your imagination, read a book or watch an interesting movie (older movies with less special effects) and allow your imagination to drift and create new imagery.
edit on 3-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by soultorent

Believe in yourself ... Dont doubt your abilities and it will help more. Also visualize where you want to go and how fast. All I can add

I like hanging round the Sun & Venus

edit on 2/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

This is a reply to "If I am you and you are me then what are we" - we are me

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I dont think that acid is a way to go in any circumstance. No.
I dont believe in drug induced astral projection. No.
I dont think we can talk about our personal drug use on these forum's.
Those people who think you need drug's to induce lucid dreaming or an out of body experience are totally confused.
The less necessity you have for those thing's the better.
If you are on acid, as we cant talk about personal stuff, let me just say I know about it, if you are on that you cant determine if what you are experiencing isnt from the drug.
I know the effect's of liberty cap's for example.
Astral projection is within all of us and does not need drug's. If not, ask the astral projector's themselves.
Go to workshop's, you'll find out.
People think cos they sit there and get high, that's it, they are illuminated.
Please.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join