It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

It would make you wonder.. who has the money to buy enriched nuclear material on the black market.
I got a sega dreamcast on the blackmarket before they were available in stores.
At least thats what my uncle who got it for me for xmas said,

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You are 100% correct. A dirty bomb, whilst containing radioacctive material, may not contain fissile material or enough to achieve critical mass. The idea of the dirty bomb is to spead the radioactive debris over a limited area. Cuts would become contaminated and dust would contain radioactive particles that coujld be inhailed or ingested.
A dirty bomb, whilst not very destructive, is mainly a weapon of morale.
During my time in the military, I never really worried about nuclear weapons. The weapons that scare the crpa out of me, and my weapon of choice if I was in their shoes, is biological. Germ warfare, to me, is the ultimate doomsday weapon.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

However. Most of our current countries of concern do not have the tech to efficiently mount a biological attack. Correct?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Correct, although. Consider this scenario. A bottle of HIV infected blood. The terrorist, wearing gloves, smears a swab containing the blood on various surfaces in the large city. Eventually, a large number of people will become infected through cuts and grazes.

That in itself is a horrifying thought, and not very high tech.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I dunno. I disagree. After a few hours (maybe less) the virus would be dead and not able to infect. Plus the odds of infection would already be astronomical.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

You do have a point, but by carpet bombing an area, you will infect a large amount of people, plus, as they are unsuspecting, they will pass it on.
The again, it does not have to be HIV. There are plenty of nasty bugs out there.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I have read a lot about biological weapons because (agreeing with you completely) I think that is the real danger, especially a new one. Small pox is a big fear as they have stopped vaccinating for it. Also a few others. I read a year or so ago about weapons grade anthrax winding up in heroin and addicts getting infect which is really weird as dealers wouldn't have access or want to kill their users.
Im just glad ebola kills quickly making itself inefficient for use. If ebola had a real incubation period, it would be the scariest thing on Earth.
edit on 2-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

How right you are. It wold only take someone to infect the food chain or water supply to kill a few hundred and the terror spreads.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Not sure if this is just my weird way of thinking right now but when I read the OP I had the thought that the US itself could release nuclear materials an lay blame on al-Qaeda to instigate patriotic calls to keep a war going or start a new one while its allies join the cause as they did in Iraq nd Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayTee
To be brutally honest, this really makes me question the integrity of Wikileaks. As much as I love the idea of behind Wikileaks, some things that Assange has said bothers me. Just watch this...

Wikileaks is simply another international covert operation to deviate internet sentiments. Whatever so-called secret cables being released to the public contained nothing "earth-shaking". I know that many at ATS deluded by Wikileaks, I almost fell for it myself.. until Julian Assange ridiculed 911 truthers.

Look at how the mainstream media and world governments play along well with Wikileaks propaganda. But none discuss about 911 conspiracy. We now know Wikileaks and Julian Assange are just animal slaves of CIA and Mossad alike.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Well.... www.genecurtis.com...

I know for a FACT that you can add another 40 briefcases along with those 15 incidents that carry small detonation devices. Expect some warlord somewhere to look at that case every night before he goes to bed to feel all powerful.

Another real threat is that somewhere as we speak hackers have the ability to initiate certain processes that trigger a nuclear strike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join