It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.vancouversun.com...

Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents. A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11". Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
sure i believe the CIA is capable of anything..just look what they did on 911

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Now I know it's all bull#. I just don't know who to blame - the CIA or the newspaper source

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Tests have shown that a "dirty bomb" is only as threatening as its initial blast, no more. The radioactive material only goes a short distance, and is pretty easy to decontaminate.

However the value of such a thing is in the way people would respond to it. Say the word "radioactive" and people fall into a mad, frothing panic, since that's how we've been conditioned through the entirety of the Cold War.

A-Q setting off a dirty bomb somewhere would result in vastly more deaths from human stampedes at Wal-Mart than from any quality of the bomb itself.
edit on 2/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think that would end badly for a lot of "jihadist" and "alqaeda" terrorists. aka: Iran.
edit on 2/2/11 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well it is either a setup for a false flag or something that could possibly be real that we will have to contend with in the future. My guess is that either way once something bad happens there will be a sudden demand for a war so terrible all the rules get thrown out.. scares the heck outta me..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
To be brutally honest, this really makes me question the integrity of Wikileaks. As much as I love the idea of behind Wikileaks, some things that Assange has said bothers me. Just watch this...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Most things wikileaks puts out, are pretty much helping the US and Israeil. The things that have come out about.the US is only minor stuff, that only leaves a bit of egg on there face,

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I hope to god this is not why Clinton is convening the ambassadors and world leaders Monday.

This sucks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
ya know
Operation Blackjack doesn't sound
that far fetched right about now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Look at the other terrorists Israel on the other hand and their dozens of Nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You know...I would normally see right through whatever this is, but events in the ME and the world have me distracted, And I think that's exactly the point.

Nothing's changed. This is the same goal with a slightly new play book. They're simply still trying to get Iran. I'm with false flag on this one, They need another 9/11.

I think things are getting away from them at the moment. They're starting a lot of the same old drivel from worthless pukes like Bolton again too. I don't think he got the word.

However, this meeting Monday? I do think someone does have a nuke or worse. But it ain't al Qaeda. My bet would be on Saudi Arabia.

Don't forget Russiia just "lost" a satellite too. And we launched some secret payload. And things with China are tense as hell.

I think what's in WikiLeaks is stuff we knew years ago.
edit on 2/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Clearly, someone's playing with semantics:

A dirty bomb, while radioactive, is NOT, repeat not, and again for the slow, NOT a nuclear bomb.

www.bt.cdc.gov...

What is a dirty bomb? A dirty bomb is a mix of explosives, such as dynamite, with radioactive powder or pellets. When the dynamite or other explosives are set off, the blast carries radioactive material into the surrounding area.

That means no glowing mushroom cloud, okay? Just a nasty, limited power HE type bomb.

Al Qaida lacks the expertise and wherewithal to make a nuclear bomb, and despite all, there really aren't any nukes running around loose out there...fissionable material, maybe. A genuine nuke? Sorry, most likely not.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JayTee

I've been skeptical about Assange and Wikileaks for a while. It just seems there's too much hype, especially on the hunt for Julian. Let's be realistic, if the US govt, or any other govt for that matter, truly wanted to kill or imprison this man, they could.

My wife's told me for a while how she believes Assange is CIA and Wikileaks is a govt operation. While I've always disagreed, I'm not so sure anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

That means no glowing mushroom cloud, okay? Just a nasty, limited power HE type bomb.

hehe, thats not the way faux news is playing it up...

nation.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
right after I started reading this I thought FALSE FLAG for sure! Anything they say about lost nukes or rouge scientist is nothing but fear mongering to take our minds off of real things going on. I'm in B.C. and the vancouver sun along with the province are garbage newspapers just two steps away from being rag magazines. Todays article was about 100 dogs that got killed. 3 pages of garbage on this. really, like we need 3 pages of dog tragedy. I love dogs but c'mon???? Nothing in it about egypt AT ALL nothing about anything going on anywhere! Total garbage newspapers if you ask me. I get more info first thing in the morning from the drudge report than those papers could give me in a month.

Just my thought on it. The source sucks and over dramatizes everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Yep..
I say this in every thread I see with this misinformation.
It just doesn't get through. You are of course correct.

Again, everyone, a dirty bomb is just like a shrapnel bomb, but rather than ball bearing and nails or whatever bombers usually use, they pack it with radioactive material.

No nuclear reaction.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
the release of this news story and simultaneously with this one "WikiLeaks: FBI hunts the 9/11 gang that got away"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

??...come on, i was happy as the wiki thing died down over the holidays but now its right back to wiki dis wiki dat!

at the rate they are releasing I'm gonna be in my 90's be fore we get to the final end of the cables, by then its bygone news just as its starting to become today..this isn't new news, this was being trumpeted around back in 2002...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

www.time.com...

i think we get it..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
With hundred missing warheads sold by KGB, military to criminals I wouldn't worry too much about this type of information.

I doubt that most of these so called terrorist actually want to kill people on a mass scale. It's not really anything that would gain them something in my opinion. A believe some Mumbai incident is much more realistic at this moment.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

thankfully there has NOT been any incidents regarding a missing warhead, however it is correct to be wary of the hundreds of reports of smuggling of high enriched uranium.

Have any Russian nuclear weapons gone missing? There have been no confirmed reports of missing or stolen former-Soviet nuclear weapons, but there is ample evidence of a significant black market in nuclear materials. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has reported more than a hundred nuclear smuggling incidents since 1993, eighteen of which involved highly enriched uranium, the key ingredient in an atomic bomb and the most dangerous product on the nuclear black market.

www.cfr.org...

more importantly we need to be diligent and keep our guard up with maniacs like kim jong-il on the loose..

U.N. report suggests N. Korea has secret nuclear sites

By Chico Harlan Washington Post Foreign Service Tuesday, February 1, 2011 TOKYO - A confidential report from a panel of United Nations experts suggests that North Korea may have additional secret nuclear facilities, according to U.N. diplomats who spoke to Reuters on the condition of anonymity. The report, prepared for the U.N. Security Council, reinforces a widely held belief within the Obama administration that North Korea has constructed a network of nuclear sites beyond its Yongbyon plant, which U.S. nuclear scientist Siegfried Hecker visited in November. The report could also lead to calls for tighter pressure against Pyongyang, which already faces U.N. sanctions designed to choke its nuclear arms program. During Hecker's visit to Yongbyon, North Korean officials revealed a uranium facility that broadened the country's potential for nuclear weapons manufacturing. The U.N. panel, during its subsequent investigation, endorsed Hecker's view that Yongbyon was merely the visible face of a broader project. The site that Hecker visited, now stocked with roughly 2,000 centrifuges, had been used only two years earlier as a fuel rod fabrication plant. In an interview last month, Hecker explained that the centrifuges - "which require years of research and development" - probably were assembled at a site outside Yongbyon.

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 032828p://2011-02-02T03:57:23-06:00201102 by bladdersweat because: adding more news..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join