It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's 'James Bond' volcano erupts again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Japan's 'James Bond' volcano erupts again

www.cnn.com

Tokyo (CNN) -- Japan's Mount Shinmoe erupted again on Wednesday, spewing more lava, smoke and ash through the area, the country's meteorological agency said.

The volcano erupted twice on Wednesday, at 5:25 a.m. and 10:47 a.m., Japan's Meteorological Agency said.

Since January 26 when it broke its decades-long slumber, the volcano has erupted seven times, the agency said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just ran into this and thought I'd share

I said this the last time it did this,
I pray for the people under that Volcano.
I know, I know, This is all normal and has a perfectly reasonable explination.
Take comfort in knowing that bs line isn't going to fly for too much longer.
At some point all of this stuff happening one right after another is going to raise an eyebrow.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Damn you SPECTRE!

Blofeld's gotta die for this!

seriously - I hope nobody is affected by this. I'm a huge Bond fan and news of this kinda hits home. Not only that, but we lost Mr Barry who wrote the soundtrack to that great movie!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I've been raising both eyebrows for a while now, my forehead is starting to wrinkle...

I wonder if the eruption was more intense then the one yesterday.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If anything the only disaster types which have ACTUALY had a percentage per year increase, are hydro-meteorological disasters. Thats floods, hurricanes, typhoons, tsunami and droughts. Geological catastrophy has not had any marked or unusual increase in volume or frequency when compared with other years, nor has there been any marked increase in intensity. There has been an increase in detailed reporting, but no increase in actual geological disasters.
If you dont believe me, go look for the figures yourself.

new topics

top topics

join