It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be an American!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am proud because I have the freedom to make my own choices, for better or worse.

I am proud because I have the freedom to practice ANY religion!

I am free because I have a right and the ability to become educated in any subject I choose.

I am free because I can become rich, or I can become poor.

I am free because I have found GOD, LOVE and FAMILY.

I am proud of my brothers and sisters who have also found freedom and success that our forefathers have sewn.

I am free because there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to take anything at face value.

I am free because I am not a victim or a pawn, I am free to choose.

I can be a carpenter, architect or an astronaut, thats up to me and my choices.

I am lucky to be born in a country which gave me every opportunity to succeed.

I am fortunate enough to have an education and see my friends die from old age.

I have succeeded in not letting other people bring me down, but I was fortunate to have been brought up out of darkness.

I am lucky that the cops arrested me for driving drunk, they probably saved my life.

I am fortunate that they didn't beat me to a pulp.

I am lucky for being a citizen, I am lucky that people 200 years ago understood my plight.

They did not make a new government overnight, they spent decades making things right.

They did not free the entire world but rather they freed me, so that I could tell you all.

Don't chose a new government in just one night.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm proud NOT being an American

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
remember that album by The Offspring- Americana - gee that was a horrible piece of music.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
both threads compliment themselves so very very well
edit on 2-2-2011 by questcequecest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I thought i would keep the vibe going! star and flag to you brother and patriot

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ikke24

Well you should be proud, just for being able to respond with such rapidness!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am proud to be an Earthling! But I'm far from free.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
I am proud to be an Earthling! But I'm far from free.

yea things must be rough in the static void.
where is that btw,
just messing with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

All of the points that you made are valid to every western country on the planet and even most asian countries, but you wouldn't know that because america is the only country on the planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Your not free. Your just cheap and easy to come by. 350 million people in one country....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm crossing my fingers that hope and optimism stays alive here in the US. I'm hoping the value of our dollar still means something and is not squandered by endless government spending. I'm hoping I don't see food lines and runaway inflation in future years here in the US. I'm hoping my taxes don't go up too much when the health care taxes start kicking in sometime around 2013 due to Obamacare. I heard if it's ruled unconstitutional and that stands, then everyone else that is covered may end up paying an extra 20 percent on top of current premium increases. I'm hoping Obama, the democrats and everyone that agrees with them doesn't raise energy costs up here in the US by thousands of dollars for everyone just because of their cause to save the planet. The planet will still be here after we're all long gone and dead.

I'm grateful for having a job and that things have not gone to you know where yet. I feel grateful for several things but I don't like many things I see in this country and where we're heading. I guess I should feel grateful about being in a land of many problems. I read a quote yesterday that in a land with enough bread, there are many problems, in a land with not enough bread, there is only one problem. We have plenty of cheap food here so I am grateful for that especially after reading that meat is considered a delicacy in Egypt. We have plentiful crops and plentiful resources in this country so I am grateful for that. We're even the Saudi Arabia of coal and natural gas.

I'm not really feeling that proud right now but I am happy that things have not gone down the tubes so far. For some who have been unemployed for years and that lost their homes, it isn't so great. Our government may be propping up stock prices and sending inflation overseas and indirectly causing many problems so I don't feel too proud about that. Plus they are acting as international policemen so I'm not too proud about that especially since there is a question about whether or not we can afford to do that anymore. I'm not proud that our government is spending money like crazy and putting us on a path towards bankruptcy. I can hope for change though.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

...and we are not an english colony... go figure.

But thats not the point of this thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Hang in there and dont wish for change. We had it right to begin with, the change is what is screwing everybody up.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To the OP

for the first one.

for the second one because they will mess you up from time to time if you chosen the wrong religion.

for the thrid one.

Maybe/ Maybe not for the forth one.

Don't want to go there, but I've found Love and Family.

just don't talk back to your "parents" and they'll leave you alone. 7th

About the cop thing, you just haven't met "the right one"

People 200 yrs ago understand your right .... I wonder does it apply for African American or Asian ?

Last statement .... glad to know where you stand.......and which side you are on when SHTF.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you truly believe your statements then do this:

Grab a bullhorn, show up at a political rally and yell those EXACT SAME statements.

Please be sure to let us know how that turns out

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You're proud because you had the dumb luck of having your mother pop you out in the US, and now you can enjoy all these rights (with numerous asterisks here and there) that someone else came up with and implimented.

Well, I guess there are sillier things to be proud of. Like skin color. MOCHA PRIDE!
edit on 2/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just scanning through the responses I see a pattern that troubles me as a person...

I am proud to be an American. I was born here. I have lived in this nation for my entire life. My family lives here. My friends live here. My father lived here, as did his father before him. My children live here.

My pride in America does not reside in a piece of paper, or in a political ideologue. It resides in and comes from my experiences with others. I've met many admirable and noble persons who were Americans. It resides in my memories...

My sons birth.
My first car.
My first house...

And this pride is well placed. But please understand that my patriotism and pride are not a mockery of any other nation. I do not consider myself superior to others. I understand that they, too, have similar attachments to their lands and to their cultures.

They have pride as well.

I find it very divisive and counter productive when people argue over whose pride is more righteous or validated because, in reality, it's all equal.

So, you be proud of your nation and culture, I'll be proud of mine, and we can all proceed with mutual respect and without the need to mock or scorn one another based upon such universal truths simply because these truths come in slightly differing flavors.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/2/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Well I appreciate that but we are a nation of immigrants with one thing in common, which is we chose freedom and we did not go about getting it overnight.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Any day, any time!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

We were colonised by the english... just as you were. Difference is we hold on to what we are and where we came from.... well some of us do. Also note that we did not eradicate the locals. Lucky for them.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Still depending on what kind of change they bring .... if it were for the better; why not ?

P.S. Off topic, you should take a Public Adminstration and Public Policy class ..... and you will see how things being worked out in Capital Hill and around the country......it's kinda sad, I can tell you that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join