It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens going out to public...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I�ve read in many forums statements of people saying "I won�t believe in aliens until they land their saucers at the White House, and give a press conference..." or others like that.

So I wonder myself:
Would we ever see an alien spaceship, landing in front of people, and an alien ambassador coming out to greet us, the humankind?

My answer is...not in my life time, neither my childrem�s, nor grandchildren�s.

Thinking that we don�t know since when we are being visited, maybe thousands of years, as some evidence maybe indicates, I don�t think we are living in any special moment or era for aliens to come clean.
On the contrary, I think, although we are as violent as we always have been, now whe are capable of more harm, making this maybe the worst moment for contact.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

On the contrary, I think, although we are as violent as we always have been, now whe are capable of more harm, making this maybe the worst moment for contact.

Maybe because that we are more capable of harm or possible self destruction, more so than any other time in history, is just the right time for the aliens to make contact in a public way. It seems to me we are at a cross roads in our development as a species. We have the potiential for such greatness or if we unfortunately choose the other path...the potential for utter destruction. Whether you believe that science, God, or aliens will be humanity's savior that is a person's individual belief. But...I feel something or someone must and will step in to lend a helping hand.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think that with our petty fighting here on earth, we could not handle having to be in a galactic community. We would have to start thinking on a Worldly scale to cope. I think that this could not happen, at least in our time right now. If there were a galactic community, it would be in my opinion that they would not want us in it, as we would possibly cause problems. Basically, we may be viewed as the North Korea of the Galaxy...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hopefully it's not like that one Twilight Zone or was it Outer Limits, where they show up and everybody is freaking out. So, we all make peace with each other, thinking everything is peachy. then they come back and, wham...they wanted the exact opposite...war, and destruction...that would suck

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am compelled to say here, that THROUGHOUT the history of mankind......we have allways BELIEVED 'someone' or 'somthing' would come in at the last moment and SAVE us from ourselves......or the so called bad guys.

I personally cannot recount the MANY times folks have claimed that 'THIS is the END of the world' and expected to be saved by a Messiah...or ALIENS....or Angels...WHATEVER....

My grandmother recounts how everyone was CONVINCED the year 1900 was going to be the END....
We all remember Y2K do we not?...or whenever a war starts up somewhere everybody wonders..."is THIS Armegeddon?".........

My point being, that humankind truly does NOT like to admit to having to BE RESPONSIBLE for our own future, and is always on the lookout for some 'Grand Power' beyond ourselves to swoop in and save us all.
I am of the mind, that in not wanting to BE RESPONSIBLE is WHY Religion has so much power. If we all truly had to BE responsible for our own choices and outcomes.....who could/WOULD we blame when things go wrong? Humans seem to need a scapegoat, a saviour....something OTHER to blame than themselves.
I dont think the Aliens will come and save us all. They MIGHT take a few....but I wont count on being one of the 'chosen'.

Seams to me CONTACT has been going on through the Milenia, so WHY would it suddenly become MORE obvious? What would be the reason for Alien visiters to suddenly desire to 'BE OUTED'??? It would seem to me if this was a wish they really had, they might have accomplished this THOUSANDS of years ago.
I think we just know so much more about it now, is because of Books, Movies and the Internet. We have more abilitys to SHARE KNOWLEGDE so...in turn, we know more.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why would they ("Aliens", which ever of the 214 species there are) want to be covert, they could surely just strike and win..

no hassle, minimum casulties on there side.. pure victory, Take all the copper they want and leave...

Earth will be reborn and recover.........

And why should we wait for a public anouncement?

What can be done lets say within the next six months to prove it.

Lets say

3 teams of people

1st team build a data base of Pro - Alien ativity

2nd team Debunk all team 1s evidence

3 team review and , based upon this review put a case together on undisputable evidence one way of other. and anounce.

All teams must provide information freely and honestly showing a clear auditable trail. No doctoring or lying.

Who's in?

Boon_dog

Boon_Dog

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If they come out in public...hmmmmmmmmm

I believe that organized religion will surely see ET's as an "abomination" and insult to their dogmatic adherences. It will be a "religious deception" by many patriarchal religions, such as Christianity and Islam.

Psychologically? Depends on how we are interested in this field of study. Many people, being influenced by Hollywoodization, such as "The invasion of the Body Snatchers" would presume that ET's are dangerous and evil.

While others, mainly the New Age media, would see that ET's come here to change the Earth for the betterment of mankind. Other UFOLOGISTs also see this as a possibility.

Warfare?
Depends on the outcome of their coming. I am sure there will be much propaganda like there was during the Red Scare! LOL! Anyways, yes, there will be paranoid nations who will react violently with severe aggression.

As a whole?

It's all balance.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm often amazed at how little faith everyone has in man....

We have the power to destroy our own world many times over... We've had this power for half a century, and yet haven't done so... That's saying something right there...

Let's give ourselves some credit. We're a pretty bright, imaginitive, and downright lethal adversary...I'd say that we could still be quite a threat to any aliens...(and this appears to be so, by some of the evidence of downed UFOs, etc.)

The fact that aliens haven't completely invaded points to one of two possibilities (accepting their existance of course, which I do)...

1. They don't want to....
2. They see it isn't in their best interest to do so...

Either one, I'm fine with, hehe...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarian1
I believe that organized religion will surely see ET's as an "abomination" and insult to their dogmatic adherences. It will be a "religious deception" by many patriarchal religions, such as Christianity and Islam.

Well, the three Western religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) would all think the aliens were demons, and that this was the beginning of the end of the world...

What would the four Eastern religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Shintoism) think? I have no idea... anyone got any ideas on what they'd think?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
We are told there are more than one species of alien, currently in visitation. Some are good others are evil and malice.
Joe public has no idea that there are more than one species in visitation and would not know which to trust and which not to trust, which neither would I.

So maybe rather than just proving aliens exist it worth saying "trust these ones, but keep away from these"

I also feel that time chosen for the First Contact would have to be crucial.

Landing in the middle of a Park saying we come in peace would probably provoke the wrong kind of Reaction and cause mass hysteria.

They would need to land where mature free thinking people would be, were the social attitude is calm and caution rather than knee jerk and panic.

a sporting event maybe the best option for an anouncement of somekind.

at a press conferance it would automaticlly appear that the government had known along and would immeadiatley bring distrust to the whole populace. making any form of acceptance or intergration very hard.

I feel that as far as religion goes; If the vatican currently employs a UFologist to report back, then we need not worry about religion. AS far the Kurran I think that it says Allah created all life and i think that would technically cover aliens from other worlds; cos Allah probably created the alien worlds as well....etc...etc...

We need to look at educationg people...and if there is a sub concious thing going on through film and tv about accepting aliens then they need to make them more "Reality" than SCi FI.
If it is played low key level rather than screaming from the roof tops then it will reach farther and wider. Cos people would be able to relate and they could than ask them selves "what would i Do if i saw an Ailen?"

Regards to All

Boon_Dog

PS: Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, just woke up.

top topics

join