It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for the United States to cut Israel loose.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Rand Paul has a bill in the Senate now to save half a trillian dollars - part of that is eliminating all foreign aid.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OatDelphi
Dear OP:

As someone mentioned before, it will never happen because America is full of Christians who blindly follow the New Testament word for word..

The destruction of the second Israel (which was established after WWII) has to bring the second coming of Jesus by virtue of the Christian doctrine itself. Remember their God is infallable. So in order to not be proven wrong yet again, they will blindly save Israel at any cost.

Do you try to be ignorant, or does it just come naturally?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Abney

Yeah I love the monolithic characterization of "they must all do exactly what I say they believe... so I can hate them even more."

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abney

Originally posted by OatDelphi
Dear OP:

As someone mentioned before, it will never happen because America is full of Christians who blindly follow the New Testament word for word..

The destruction of the second Israel (which was established after WWII) has to bring the second coming of Jesus by virtue of the Christian doctrine itself. Remember their God is infallable. So in order to not be proven wrong yet again, they will blindly save Israel at any cost.

Do you try to be ignorant, or does it just come naturally?

How do you come to that conclusion? Have I mentioned anything that is not true? I have clearly pointed out who I am talking about. This was not a generalization towards all Christians. It was however a direct and clear reference to the voting power of fundamentalist Christians. You know the same ones who over history have thought the world was flat, science is bad, and every word in the holy book is the literal meaning of what is being stated.

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
reply to post by Abney

Yeah I love the monolithic characterization of "they must all do exactly what I say they believe... so I can hate them even more."

The only "monolithic" thing I see is this completely absurd twisting of my words into something you try to push off as a characterization...

It's true, I have nothing good to say about fundamentalist Christians, they vehemently stand in the way of progress. But make no mistake about it, the unwavering faith in the book's literal wording is what makes them do the things they do. Sorry to tell you, it has nothing to do with me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Christians hold to a range of interpretations regarding prophecy and whether the current state of Israel is even relevant in that debate. I hadn't noticed that you were only talking about the fundamentalists, which are a small minority anyway. And even they don't agree on the timing of the apocalypse.

Something tells me that you don't confine your disgust to just the fundies, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join