It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for the United States to cut Israel loose.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Poor Israel always the victim, getting arms from the French in exchange for attacking Arab nations.

On 26 July 1956 Nasser gave a speech in Alexandria where he denounced Western influence in the Arab world and announced the nationalization of the Suez Canal Company, and how existing stockholders would be paid off.

French, British under direction of most likely the Rothschild Family decided it would be bad to loose one of the largest ports for oil in the middle east. So they partnered up with their pal Israel, and devised a plan. Israel would attack Egypt, and start all kinds of fuss. Then Britain, and Franc being the loving neighbors they are would come, and solve the situation by being a middle man. Putting their "neutral troops" in between the two forces right smack dab on the Suez Canal, seizing the port. Fortunately the Egyptians weren't buying this crap, and refused the "help". The U.S along with the U.S.S.R backed Egypt, and threatened to get involved if Britain/France continued their obvious ploy.

Shortly after the Canadian Secretary of State for External Affairs, Lester B. Pearson proposed the creation of the very first United Nations peacekeeping force to ensure access to the canal for all and an Israeli withdrawal from the Sinai. Thereby bypassing U.S/U.S.S.R's prevention of their original attempt by putting their "U.N soldiers" there. On 4 November 1956, a majority of nations at the United Nations voted for Pearson's peacekeeping resolution, which mandated the UN peacekeepers to stay in the Sinai Peninsula unless both Egypt and Israel agreed to their withdrawal.

Then in May 1967 President Nasser ordered the UN troops out of the Sinai Peninsula, and despite Israel objection the forces were removed. He feared that Israel was going to attack Syria due to mounting threats, and aircraft skirmishes between the two nations. Also under the pretense of helping the Palestinian people he closed down ports to all Israel shipping, during the time Nasser believed war was inevitable. This resulted in the Six day war after Egyptian forces moved back onto their land that was occupied by U.N forces. With a fully loaded, and highly funded Israel smashing through the poorly armed Egyptian forces. On the morning of 5 June, the Israeli Air Force (IAF) struck Egyptian air fields, destroying much of the Egyptian Air Force. Before the day ended, Israeli armor had cut through Egyptian defense lines, capturing the town of el-Arish.

On 8 June, Nasser appeared on television to inform Egypt's citizens of their country's defeat. Israel had occupied the entire Sinai Peninsula and Gaza Strip of Egypt, the West Bank of Jordan, and the Golan Heights of Syria by 10 June. The war ended with tons of land illegally in Israeli hands, and British/French investors happily chortling away at how they just stole some of the largest ports in the middle east.

This is one small chapter of a very long book on Israel stealing other peoples land.

History speaks for itself. Just look what happened to the last man to oppose the Zionists Anwar El Sadat.

Their current dictator speaks for himself, Mubarak is like the Iranian Sha.....

British hegemony at its finest.

French failure at its worst.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox
[more]

Very good point!!!

I suppose my point was more rhetorical in nature; and I guess I am frustrated with the whole situation

Israel's placement created a major cultural clash

Middle Eastern and Eastern European, boom

Imagine if we Dropped Millions of Texans in the Middle of Helsinki

Or

Merged Tampa and West Hollywood

There are so many things that doomed this merger of people

in the end you cannot force cultural integration and expect miracles,

People have to work it out which can take lots of time.

It is what is, if I had power I would snap my fingers many times over

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
The Arabic countries loved America before we started backing Israel. The only reason many of the people don't like us now is because we have been killing their children for the State of Israel and backing the apartheid Zionists.

Not true in the slightest.

America's first war after independence was against the Barbary States, who regularly took American servicemen hostage and demanded an annual ransom to get them back. Freeing the hostages was the impetus for forming the US Marines.

(From the halls of Montezuma...to the shores of Tripoli)

It's the reason why the US Marine dress saber is a scimitar---the local weapon the Marines armed themselves with when they came ashore

Wikipedia article "First Barbary War"

So our relationship with the muslim world was not all sweetness and light until Israel came along.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
It seems everyday lately there is a thread started like this, against Israel.

The United States will not abandon Israel, there are to many Jews and Christians in this country who support Israel.

It would be political suicide.

How's it going to be "political suicide"?.. drones will still zombie walk to cast a GOP or DNC vote.. for the next elite bullscat artist who spit shines PTB fascist turdlets into "change" and "hope"... not that obmao kind, the kind you can believe in!!.. ".trust me, I'm your party leader.."

Israel is our friend, Israel is a Mid East democracy, Israel is this, Israel is that.. all ridiculous, meaningless euphemistic crap.

Israel is not my friend.. we don't hang out or drink beers, and last I checked.. thanks to my so called govts freakish obsession with Israel, strangers hate on us. One thing I'm sure of, Israels drama is 1000s of miles removed from altering the average day of, I'd say, an overwhelming vast majority of US soil dwellers... including mine.

Israels drama & friendship offers average US citizens what?.. besides being vaporized by a radicalized Arab nuke... and hated... benefits we pay billions for!!, wooo hoo!!.. "(!BITCH SLAP!.. thank you Uncle Sam, may I have another!!!")

I don't live over there, don't know what local folks want in order to live drama free.. but what-ever it is, I hope they get it all one day.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
We should cut a lot of things loose, not just Israel. All foreign aid should be cut. Foreign aid also includes the billions spent on illegal immigrants every year so that their respective countries can start taking responsible for their people.

Israel isn't the only parasite, its just the one people love to hate. I say we should treat all the parasites equally.

So, hey. This isn't Europe, pale-face, Lead the charge, set an example for the other parasites. The Atlantic's that way.

Start swimming.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Israel rules this Earth.

We won't be cutting them loose. They will be cutting US loose in 2020 when Spanish becomes our national language due to a latino majority.

Israeli's don't care for Latino's much and they'll let America fall apart. After WWIII there won't be anything left in north America to make them have any interest. They'll use the latino labor force thats left over to make them nice clothes and shoes.

I think it's funny that people think we support Israel. They own us. Accept it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I wasn't going to reply to your post, the foul language offends me, as does the diatribe.

However I decided to give it a go. This thread objects to Israel getting foreign aid, not other countries, who also get foreign aid. Consequently it is a reason to engage in Israel bashing, which I object to.

Here is a list, the most recent I could find of countries recieving foreign aid:

www.parade.com...

We are hated for many reasons, the first and formost is ignorance. To infer that we are hated only because we support Israel is incorrect.

I am not clear exactly what "drama" you refer to as I have seen alot of "drama" coming from many countries and I don't think Israel has cornered the market on that, I personally don't know what you are talking about there.

Hating a particular group regardless of any reasons you think you may have is wrong. It is not a useful or good thing to hate anyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I wouldn't say cut them loose.

I would say that we should apply the same standard of "Human Rights" and policy to Israel that we do with the rest of the world.

We turn a blind eye far too often and by doing so we are niether doing ourselves favors or Israel.

We can continue to support them when their actions and policy are justified...and condemn them loudly and adjust policy when they step over the line or violate treaties, human rights and peace agreements.

Ditto Palestine....rather than choose sides, we should step back take an objective look and support any policy from any nation as long as it is moving in the right direction....and condemn any actions from any player that cost civilian lives and inflict undue misery upon people.

So to answer your question...we need to stop affording israel a "special" status which allows them to play fast and loose.

I understand Israel's fierce nature....after all someone once tried to eliminate thier people entirely from the planet, and there are forces in the middle east who still call for the same, but Israel needs to be ever aware not to become the monster they fight....even in the slightest of ways. The USA ceasing to afford them a "do as you please" pass will encourage them to find a less aggressive course to peace IMO.
edit on 4-2-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why single out Israel? It isnt the only apartheid state it backs, among dictatorships and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My personal feelings aside, I believe we need to cut all foreign aid. We can not afford it. When we get out of debt and have everything taken care of at home, we can reexamine foreign aid.

It makes zero sense to give away money that we are borrowing from other nations and private institutions. If a nation needs more funding than the state can provide for itself then it needs to borrow in its own name or do without it's just that simple.

There are also countless private charities that provide various forms of medical care to money to start small businesses.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
My personal feelings aside, I believe we need to cut all foreign aid. We can not afford it. When we get out of debt and have everything taken care of at home, we can reexamine foreign aid.

Part of the issue there is that foriegn aid is tied to security/military strategy. Without foriegn aid to Pakistan, for example, that country would tell us to stick it where the sun don't shine in a heartbeat.

So eliminating foriegn aid to middle-eastern countries also means not being able to station military there, bases, intelligence etc.

I am not against withdrawing aid to those countries...just saying it goes hand in hand with exiting the middle east entirely from a strategic security perspective...and that aint a bad idea either....but that also means we can't be vulnerable from an energy perspective...which means energy independance...break the oil addiction...or at least to the degree where we can survive off of oil from Brazil, China and local drilling until we can ramp up alternative energies...one thing leads to another.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I didn't say DC mafias bro-mance with Israel was the "only" reason strangers turned into haters, but it's one of them. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see political clowns spending billions, thousands of miles from helping US tax payers, to generate millions of haters as a public "service"... more like a dis-service.

The people who live in the region know what is needed for them to co-exist side by side, maybe a solution is dissolving the Israeli govt? Turn the whole area into a de-militarized theme-park where religious folk can follow their flock commander to wail at, and or pray to, their respective invisible man of choice.. in peace.

Here in LA if there's an a-hole neighbor on the block, a real scat disturber residents can't stand.. we can petition the city for a "nuisance abatement".. how about we let the people in surrounding countries VOTE on weather or not Israel, "as is", can stay in the neighborhood?.. simple up / down, yes / no.. power to the people.

If Israel loses, meh.. they shoulda been a better neighbor.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

i don't think being american and them being muslim had anything to do with the pirating. The same thing happens today, the pirates don't care what religion you are. Muslim countries get pirated by muslim pirates all the time.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Your argument is interesting, the difficulty I have with it is this, would you want the Mexican drug lords, or say Native Americans, or how about Blacks to vote about what kind of neighbors we have been, and have the outcome decide our fate?

I do appreciate your reply. You are thinking, and are slightly less inflamatory which is progress.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Why single out Israel? It isnt the only apartheid state it backs, among dictatorships and whatnot.

That's true but the difference is that Israel wants us to fight all of their neighbors for them.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Dear OP:

As someone mentioned before, it will never happen because America is full of Christians who blindly follow the New Testament word for word..

The destruction of the second Israel (which was established after WWII) has to bring the second coming of Jesus by virtue of the Christian doctrine itself. Remember their God is infallable. So in order to not be proven wrong yet again, they will blindly save Israel at any cost.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

True. Difference is, Israel is very, well, up-front about it. When we were supporting Saddam, he had the good taste (I can't believe I said that) to keep his murderous rampages off the record.

Israel, by comparison, films the whole thing, sends it to CNN, has one of their spokespeople go on air to brag about it and dehumanize the people being killed, then has another spokesperson demand more aid, all while bought men and women in congress waggle their heads in agreement.

It's not so much the deeds themselves, as the pure chutzpah on display. Americans like their bloody-handed minions to have at least a modicum of discretion. And none of our congresscritters are paid for by Pakistan, Tajikistan, or Congo, which doesn't help.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There's not doubt that the politicians and Evangelical Christian leaders are bought and paid for by the Rothschild Zionists, that's a fact. The only way it would even be possible to cut Israel off would be with an enormous amount of people demanding that it happen - and making it happen in the voting booths by flushing out the establishment politicians on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The way I see it: Quit funding their military and see what happens. It's all about money --- American taxpayers' money. Take away their guns, ammo, tanks, etc. Let them try playing with rocks and sticks for once. For all we know, they could using the funds for other spoils, such as mansions.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

So, cutting off money to Israel will achieve unilateral disarmament?

Will Hezb'ollah and Hamas reply in kind, do you think? They've pledged not to. But maybe they won't keep their promises, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join