It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where (if anywhere) is ATS headed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adlai
It's going no where. We are not allowed to put together a protest here, so no where. If we were all to get together for a mass american protest, or even world wide protest, it would be amazing. One thread on ats would have the power to create the biggest protest for rights and decency ever. But that violates terms and conditions. I'm Sorry that ats has failed us. I have to sleep on it to see if I even want to come back here again. I think I'm going to work with alternative media to discredit ats since it really has no credit. Just people talking. It's like the guardian or reuters, only with the fact checking of fox, so if we can't actually utilize this place to organize this place is worthless.
Cant star you but i agree

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If there were a site for a nation wide protest on 9/11 would I be allowed to link it to a thread somewhere on ATS? If not would I be allowed to link a thread to a blog story about a nation wide protest on 9/11 which had a link to the site for said protest?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Great question OP, it brings so many more to the fore.

I'll try to express my thoughts on this.

In addition to writing in notebooks, the electronic communication provided by internet forums have some fixture of permanence, a sort of immortal characteristic, when in reality it holds no such guarantee. Writing thoughts, or injecting them into the ether-like online matrix are just options available to us. Internet is here to document history, for better and worse. I'm just a probing alien, in some eyes.

But maybe the reality is, ATS has yet to find its greatest purpose, while fueling many smaller ones along the way.

Maybe ATS will be used for something monumental. Certainly aesthetics are under the influence of current events, and current events are the currency in politics, and this currency is unfortunately more untraceable than any fiat or electronic currency. When the aesthetics challenge the politics, that's when explosions occur.

I think people will know when it's time to act revolutionary.

We are here to hear the calls of the planet, so we can be more prepared to act heroically, instinctually.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nowhere when the ptb shut down the internet.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
Well, thats it, I'm done posting on this 'forum'. Its evident that the TRUTH is not being told here and that the 'system' is promoting Luciferian doctrine. Tried to inject some TRUTH, but its evident that when this is done the vast majority of people on here don't want to hear or see it. So, thats it.

Good-bye and don't let the door slam you on your way out. Sorry about that, but I couldn't resist the temptation. Evidently, you are disappointed about something and you probably think that your truth is universal and everybody should accept it asap. Doesn't work like that on a www forum.
edit on 3/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There is a revolution calling me, in fact the whole USA, this very moment.

Why I'm not in my town square (an ice rink right now, which sounds advantageous in some ways), shutting down the city for Bradley Manning's cause, is a troubling mystery right now. A donation might have been enough, maybe a rally should follow and assist the fund raising process. Now America's campaign for change will take note of Egypt's swift enforcement of change: citizen revolt leads to high pressure change.

Surprise camp-out in your town square, spread the word.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smthngmssnghr

If you're at least halfway serious let me know. I don't think I'm allowed to say anymore than that.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Can someone tell me why protesting is such a threat in the firsplace. A continent of people waving signs
and banners, shouting slogans and beat'in their feet on the pavement all day. That's about it. They don't even have pitchforks or torches. Not very threatning that's for sure. Just a few only need to get a little bit out of line too.

Out come the batons and the mace and the tasers and rubber bullets. Firehoses. The whole thing is kind a stupid from the get go. Protesting no thanks. Forwarned is forearmed.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was serious with what I wrote, comically so perhaps?

Rally, demonstrate change. Protest it if that's the fashion.

Shine a light on the puppet master's strings.
edit on 3-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think ATS can go wherever we, the members want to take it. We, especially us newbies, can either choose to add to the quality of the posts, threads, and conduct on this site, thereby raising the bar for every new member. Or we can choose to troll, complain, and look to offend or be offended. We can be immature pubescents, or we can be intelligent adults who remember there are real people behind the words written here, and they aren't going to agree with everything we think or say.

Want a good example of how not to contribute to these forums? Just read through some of my past posts. And you can face-palm and turn red in the face just like I do when I need a reminder of what it means to detract from a thread, and/or make a fool of yourself. Then you can read through some of the long time members posts and see what it means to add to the quality of this site.

Personally, I'd prefer to improve my conduct, posts, and threads, and join the ranks of the latter, than remain in the ranks of the former.

There are a few folks on here I seldom agree with. But I read every post I see by them. Why? Because I know they're going to add something to the discussion. Even if I don't like what they add. They're consistent. They're thoughtful. And they add useable information and thoughts to the topic.

So where is ATS going? Where do we want it to go? Up? or Down?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
On a positive note , there are huge numbers of posters on ats , if they in turn introduce ats it to at least one other friend , the snowball effect means massive numbers !
Just imagine 1 million people protesting ! what would the police do ? probably run or join in lol .
We protest to acheive previously planned goals , we do not go home until we meet our goals .
no violence just a million people armed with TRUTH , THAT is REAL POWER ! friends .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

If it is not, why are journalists from major news corps trolling this site for their newscasts? I have seen it for myself.

Look at the Loughner, Gabby Giffords thread...by Monday morning, MSNBC and CNN were tripping on their tongues and ATS had it wrapped up.

Then, the ATS site owners had a very sophisticated discussion with the members and cooperated without
subpoenas on what may or may not have been an avatar related to Loughner. Smoothly done...ATS was quoted in the mainstream press with respect.

Perhaps it is ATS' evolution that concerns the older members. You are not the first poster from back in the day that I noticed is uncomfortable with the current ATS. Nothing can stand still. You can grow or die, but you cannot stand still. ATS is growing and with the times. No one can stop growth, if you do, you get decay.

Have you ever thought it is our calling to start a site? I have great faith in experience and wisdom not ready to go. Just a thought. There may be something you must do and say.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

Have you ever thought it is our calling to start a site?
YES
i was coming here to say that and then read your post .

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Really...or did I p*ss you off?

Sometimes I am not too bright.

And I did not mean "our" but "your". I cannot even start a thread let alone start a site..Intuit is still billing me.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

if you read what i quoted of Adlai at the top of this page ul get my views lol

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Where is ATS going? Well, many of us are Watchers. We have been instructed to "watch".
We were told that we would be given a "white stone" and a "new name". A white stone is symbolic for a "blank slate"; a piece of rock to write on. It's the internet. And the new name is our Avatar.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

So you agreed but could not star..how so?

I am new and I think we are drawn to places for different reasons.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I dont know why i cant star him
All i know is this is not the place i hoped it would be
Im about uniting but thats against t & c

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Board and business threads have no stars.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

What doe that mean? Are you with a mystery school? Watchers are from Native American Tribes, off worlders, everywhere...what does that mean?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join