It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know Weather is Bad when they pull Snow Plows from the roads!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
post city manager of elgin pulls snow plows
due to white out conditions! This is a record breaking storm, Massive to say the least! anyone here from Chicago or other affected states with any updates that they can add? I know that its bad down here, 8 inches so far, and ice formed on the inside of my windows, pipes already frozen also. and my mail lol was frozen to my mailbox

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Out of all States Illinois?
We're suppose to get Plummeted. We went from 23' to expected 26'
With Drivers off the Rode I hope FEMA is Prepared to do something quick.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gom3z
Out of all States Illinois?
We're suppose to get Plummeted. We went from 23' to expected 26'
With Drivers off the Rode I hope FEMA is Prepared to do something quick.

Based on Katrina, i wouldn't rely
on them, god be with you my friend

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
it's not that unusual for them to pull the plows off the road.
I grew up in central ny, and well, it happened quite often, once it clears up some, the plows will be out doing their job, but if the people driving the plows can't see but a few feet in front of them, they are more of a danger than they are worth!! so aren't the people driving the cars and trucks!!!
snowstorms like this is good for just sitting inside your nice warm house and looking out the window as the pretty snowflakes fall from the sky....and relaxing....
you'll need some extra rest anyways, since well, you know what happens once it clears, the clean up!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was just out shoveling and I'm not impressed at all. Lots of drifts but the actual snow on the sidewalk wasn't as deep as I thought it would be. And a snow plow just went by plowing about 10 minutes ago. I'm suprised how on top of things they are.

join