It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran

www.rawstory.com

Former US Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton said the ouster of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would speed the timetable for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This guy will never change

but
I have always felt with everything that have happened since 2001 ...Iran would be the big goal.. i saw that coming from a long shot

by saying this .. a big war with Iran is still on the table
Mubarak is in favor for a strike on Iran.. since he dont have a choice to listen

I think .. Israel will risk a strike very soon even if Obama approve or not ..

so it will play like that ... Israel attack Iran and the rest .. young marines will again die for nothing in this corrupted croissade against the muslim
is it for more land ?? more oil ?? or they simply dont love arab in general .. WTH
Israel foreign behavior need to change right now

Mubarak was bough BY the USA for Israel
they cant afford to loose their puppet Mubarak now

"Do you think that the Israelis are going to have to strike — they are going to have to take action?" Fox News Republican opinion host Sean Hannity asked the former ambassador on his radio program Monday.

"As you pointed out, ElBaradei ran cover for the Iranians for all those years that he was with the IAEA. And, I just don’t think the Israelis have much longer to wait… they're going to have to act in fairly short order."

"I think that's right," Bolton responded. "I don't think there’s much time to act. And I think the fall of a Egyptian government committed to the peace agreement will almost certainly speed that timetable up."

Bolton chided the protests in Egypt last week, saying that "the real alternative is not Jefferson democracy versus the Mubarak regime, but that it’s the Muslim Brotherhood versus the Mubarak regime, and that has enormous implications for the US, for Israel, and our other friends in the region."

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/1/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Captain Moustachio, aka chickenhawk war-monger extraordiniare Bolton, has never missed an opportunity to show his lust for bombing Iran at every concievable event related to M.E. unrest.

This guy is an absolutely insane thug, who is all too happy to beat on the war drums, as long as it's anybody but himself who has to go and die in said wars.

Thank goodness he is out of power now and a total has been. This makes his zany, maniacal comments nothing more than Daily show cannon fodder, except for he may no longer even be IMPORTANT enough to make the cut.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I read that yesterday and found it disturbing.....using Egypt's problems to start another war. I don't think it will have any fruitation.

What you may have missed....

Coming soon to your screens on 2 August 2011: IRANIUM

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Watch the lead up to this documentary/movie!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Once before, we in the US adopted a Lend/Lease program to assist Great Britain in the early days of WWII.

We provided destroyers, food, coal, fuel, weapons, and every other implement of war.

Maybe we could again institute a Lend/Lease program for Israel, but provide some B-1's and B-2's, and even some B-52's, to give the Israelis some legs to their air element.

Sure be fun to watch.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Apologies in advance Ben...

Good ole Bolton, boy. We can always count on him to say, "....we should bomb Iran.".

Don't make me pull that thread out

Of course Iran is still the goal. They always have been and always will be for these pukes. If they aren't making bad things happen in the world, they're slithering in like the slimey serpents they are to try to take advantage.
edit on 2/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That guy is nuts. Thank god most people are shying away from mainstream news. Is he related to Michael Bolton?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Next to I$rael, Egypt is our largest recipient of foreign aid - mostly by way of arms and defense contracts. I hardly see anything positive happening in this region. Most likely we (read:CIA) will help instill a US-friendly regime into power that will temporarily appease the people while continuing to divert state-funds to arms purchases which in turn go to our defense contractors (which then go to the politicians that support them by way of election funds)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

And yet if someone pipe-bombed Bolton's house, it'd be considered criminal. WHat's up with that standard?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Like I said in another thread the guy is living in Neo-con dreamland it's funny!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I have never liked Bolton very much.
but neo-con does suit him very well.
but I think Bolton is looking at this
from the Israeli side. But he is wrong.
If Israel strikes Iran when Mubarek falls
then the Muslim Brotherhood are a shoe-in
for the power vacuum in Egypt and it will
bond all the Arabs together in a Holy War
with Israel. This is why Israel and US
have been working hard on shutting
down Iran's reactor with stuxnet so this
could be avoided. But Soros stepped
in and pushed the envelope. Either way,
this does not turn out good for the ME.
And Bolton needs to keep his trap shut.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Out of curiosity how are you getting the Mubarik was bought by the US for Israel? Egyptian President Anwar Sadat was the one who made peace with Israel back in the late 70's early 80's (Camp David Accords). The Muslim Brotherhood assasinated Sadat for that move. Mubarik was the vice President at the time and was wounded. He was sworn as President shortly after the assasination.

Has the US been a supporter of Mubarik? Absolutely so no arguments there. I am alsways curious where people get the notion that only the United States engages in Diplomacy with dictators. Egypt signed a peace treaty with Israel, along with Jordan. Supporting the Governments in those countries who did that makes sense to most, whether you agree with it or not its a smart move.

You think the world has economic problems now. Change the governments and introduce an unstable element (Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbolah, etc) and you will think the current economic problem is a cake walk. Israel has been able to maintain their defense based on the fact 2 of their 4 borders (excluding Palestinian lands) are relatively quiet.

Surround them with entites that desire nothing but wiping them off the map and what do you think will happen? Israel has already shown in the past they will not stand by and wait to be invaded, they will take preemptive action themselves.

Now we have a war that is not being fought over oil control, but self preservation of ISrael. Thats just as bad as the region going to war over oil itself.

If you want an example of the reverse, we can look at Syrian and Iran supporting the puppet government currently being put in place in Lebanon.

Its cheaper to spend 1.5-3.0 billion in aid to Egypt to keep them friendly, than to ignore it and let extremists elements take over and spark a war, which in the long run will cost more than 3 billion and many more lives. The Egyptian people have a unique opprotunity to not only retake their country, but to retake their lives / religion as well.

Change is a good thing, provided its not changing from one dictator to a more unstable leadership.

The devil you know beats the devil you dont.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Surround them with entites that desire nothing but wiping them off the map and what do you think will happen? Israel has already shown in the past they will not stand by and wait to be invaded, they will take preemptive action themselves.

And thus the core of the problem. When your national policy is based on the twin concepts of "Everyone's Out To Get Me," and "I Should Kill Them First," you're not going to be very popular with your neighbors. You can't take a preemptively aggressive stance and claim to be seeking peace. It's mutually incompatible.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Next to I$rael, Egypt is our largest recipient of foreign aid - mostly by way of arms and defense contracts. I hardly see anything positive happening in this region. Most likely we (read:CIA) will help instill a US-friendly regime into power that will temporarily appease the people while continuing to divert state-funds to arms purchases which in turn go to our defense contractors (which then go to the politicians that support them by way of election funds)

And when the Islamic Brotherhood takes charge of Egypt, all those modern American tanks, planes and guns will end up in Iran! Smart military aid that would turn out to be.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This bloke was on BBC radio # the other day, even the presenter thought that he was slightly insane. All he was talking about was how dangerous Iran was and how we should be prepared for military intervention, he said the exact same line over and over about 7 or 8 times.

Israel isn’t capable of a successful strike on Iran entirely by itself anyway, it won't happen.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's what the Neocronies want -
That would allow Israel to unleash attacks on Iran and throw the entire ME into confusion.
Any other countries that get uppity would get attacked as well - Syria is enemy #2 they want to go for.
Egypt is every bit as important as Saudi Arabia, somewhere around 10% of all ocean traffic goes through the suez canal.
If Egypt revolts, Israel, the US and GB will take over the suez.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Modern terrorists of today .. they are wear ties

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I can't see it happening before 2013-2015 but I might be wrong

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
How about this idiot first getting a shave, then shutting the hell up? The US and all the other countries, should get the hell out of the middle east, the corrupt, manipulating fascists. Then the UN should be given proper power to do something to build peace, and veto powers should be stripped from it.

Not going to happen though is it?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Maybe we could again institute a Lend/Lease program for Israel, but provide some B-1's and B-2's, and even some B-52's, to give the Israelis some legs to their air element.

Sure be fun to watch.

Why? What's it to ya?
I don't see you volunteering to pick up a rifle.
And you don't have to worry about lend/lease...what ever the US doesn't give them, Israel has demonstrated a propensity to steal it, anyway.

These chickenhawks...all hat, no horse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join