It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on strengthening a relationship.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

I can see why she got upset since it is a documentation of a huge part of your life. But what is more important is that you do what you need to do to move forward. if that is what you need to do, the ceremony can be a powerful tool.

I can imagine that if you live the military life for awhile, it is like a prisoner serving a good bit of time. Both lives are regimented and it is an enclosed community that no one else on the outside understands. your used to a pecking order, your used to getting information and giving it, but strictly on business terms.

Then boom, you are tossed out into the real world, where relationships are completely different and life is simpler and more complicated at the same time. You are not given any classes or advice on how to transition. Which is kinda unfair really.
Probably for the cost of 2 nukes, a program could be provided to help all returning vets.

I thank all of you for the service to our country. And I am sure it is at a bigger price then most people realize.

What people forget is that families suffer too and make their own sacrifice. I don't think it would hurt to acknowledge that even though they were home, they were frought with worry and loneliness.

I imagine that a lot of families kind of expect things to pick up right were it left off. They don't expect someone to come home with trauma and problems. its like a time capsul, and dont realize there is a whole length of time where the person who was gone has been through something.

And that is something they need to understand too.

<< 1  2   >>

join