It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Celeb Would You Like to See in Politics?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Muppets. Kermit for President.

Actually I`d like to see us use the tech we have and get rid of this twisted money grubbing Government we have today. Let the people Born in America get voting privileges and let the people run this country. Vote on everything this country does.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
most definately MOS DEF lol

edit on 2-2-2011 by tdrowe2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

James Earl Jones, Clint Eastwood, JOHN MELLENCAMP (draft, Indiana!), IceT (if he is in real life like his personna on Law & Order), MAYbe Donald Trump (I like what he is saying *so far*)...I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody obvious. Oh and Giardello (the captain on Homicide)
Or Munch! Ha! That would start some sh##.
NOT Ted Nugent. I used to have some huge arguments as a teenager (waaay before politics) about that guy. He was a crass, obnoxious ass then and he's just as much of one now. :shudder: Why not go for David Lee Roth while we're at it? (Not)
*ETA: Charles Grodin
(I'm sure these are really outdated. I don't do Pop Culture at all unless it's fashion, art, and design related- more the latter. No tv, movies, or radio)

Sarah Palin and President Arsen...I mean, Obama aren't real celebrities. They're just wannabes.

Real, live, ordinary people would be a whole lot better. Why are we choosing people who have no idea what it's like to live with the bs they enact into law or in the same lifestyle as the people they supposedly represent?
edit on 2-2-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has stated the obvious choice...

The "Situation" Who wouldn't love a national GTL day?? huh c'mon

lol only joking

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeoriaAZ

Originally posted by VeniVidi

Originally posted by Segador
None, and this thread makes me angry.

Not sure why it would make you angry. You created a thread about Sara Palin and her reality tv show.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL

I know it's kinda a dumb thread, but I was curious what yall'd have to say, plus I was wondering if anyone agreed about Kurt Warner

LOL back at yah.
Someone made a thread about what they wanted to know about this and that.
But when you make one it's OKAY.

Grrr angry at this one, but we will be nice to you and your thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Gary Busey.

I'd actually vote on that election.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Bill Maher
I'm sure he will not be a effective politician ..... because of his inability "to cut deal."

Matt Damon ... for his Sarah Palin's ripping.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
jeremy clarkson

for people who dont know him hes a british presenter of a car show called top gear

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't think so, but it would be interesting to see, Dennis Miller

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Ricky gervias.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-2-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I think Dennis Miller would make a great President. But they all change when they get into Office and shown who actually has the real power.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The only one would of been kurt cobain. He has seen the dark side of the human race, and did not care for the system. He is the only one that would of got my vote, but of course he is dead, but thats life.

edit on 2/2/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2010

DAMN I didn't think anyone would say this haha.

I'll say immortal technique then. dude knows his #
edit on 2-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester
jeremy clarkson

for people who dont know him hes a british presenter of a car show called top gear

Totally agree mate, as soon as i saw this thread clarkson popped into my head!! He would be completely sarcastic to anyone opposing his views and actually make speechs worth listening to!!

As a side note you could also have James May in charge of treasury (he'd be anal enough to actually get it right) and Hammond could be the governer of healthcare

Oh and Stig on transport although i doubt he'd say much (except if he was the old one, then he'd say all)
edit on 2-2-2011 by thequietone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
haha if the stig was to do transport maybe it would be a bit quicker to.....

he speaks to much sense sometime its brilliant!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Hmmmm, good question.

Can I include dead people? Because that are the only celebrities I would like to see in the political arena.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

What Celeb Would You Like to See in Politics?,

NONE. Seriously. What could a celeb learn that could possibly translate over to being good in politics? They don't learn economics. They don't learn international diplomacy. They don't understand world dynamics. They live in a 'reality' that is different from the average person. There is a huge disconnect between celeb and common person. Heck .. reading a script is different than having to read legal documents that are hundreds of pages long that congress will be voting on (something the POTUS needs to keep up with).

Reagan was an anomaly. It couldnt' happen again in a million years.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeoriaAZ
I thought this would be a fun thread if I get some feedback...

I'll start it off, I'd vote for Kurt Warner.

For one he is a christian with strong morals and family value, never has been a "diva", also he is very charismatic as well as an excellent speaker, I think he'd be a wonderful senator, and eventually possibly a presidential candidate...

Warner in 2020!!! lol

NONE! Celebs are not politicians. They only get involved because they have to to look good or to get votes, a role or whatever. They are doing it for their benefit. I want to see REAL people who know politics and aren't greedy and power hungry.

Who is Kurt Warner? Also him being a Christian doesn't mean a thing. People in religions have been proven to lie just as much as politicians.

Put real people in those seats who care about the people and not themselves and their own bank account.
edit on 2/2/2011 by mblahnikluver because: fix quote

edit on 2/2/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Seriously none of the celebs...they'll all be bitching and introducing laws about idiotic things like hair and dogs.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
MR. T i pity the fool !!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join