It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Regarding legislation dictating what foods we are allowed to eat...

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've been on the fence about this issue until now. I HATE the idea of legislation interfering with our morality. Like they give a s*** about what's good for us. However, I think that sometimes people are too damn stupid to think for themselves. Yet, therein lies the dilemma; most people want someone else to make decisions for them. Bury their head in the sand, and TRUST (
) our government to think for us.

-B
edit on 1-2-2011 by baked because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What legislation has been passed dictating what we can eat?
I know of the salt ban in NY, and the healthier food campaign
in public schools, what else is in the works?



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Star and flag for you!! I think if we want to put harmful foods in our body it is our choice. It should be our choice to buy whatever food we wish and I think the government should have no say as to dictate what.

Now...I do believe if you are using food stamps you shouldn't be able to purchase alcohol or cigarettes with them. Again this is just my personal opinion, but excellent thread nonetheless.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by baked
 


You actually call the majorioty of the "stuff" we eat food?

Anything that comes in a wrapper doesn't qualify as food.

Fruit and vegetables....now that's food, and they stop us growing our own.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jophiel
What legislation has been passed dictating what we can eat?
I know of the salt ban in NY, and the healthier food campaign
in public schools, what else is in the works?


Last year Washington implemented a "candy tax" which raised taxes on many items. This is how they will go about it. Tax things to where folks can't afford em. This is how they will go after guns too IMO. Tax the hell outta ammo.

www.king5.com...



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


Oh ok i understand what your saying now
but taxing a certain food does not necessarily
mean they want to pass legislation against that item
but it could be used as a tool to deter , but either way
if thats what they want , they win either way, if you do
not buy said item, and if you buy said item, they receive the
tax .



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jophiel
 


Well said...a lose lose situation. Sucks that these types of situations are becoming all too familiar.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills
 


The Government will only continue
such tactics as long as there is no majority
opposition ,I think its about time that we
let go of the ors and rock this boat a
little .



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds

Educated yourself about this: Codex Alimentarius.


edit on 2-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jophiel
 


With wal-mart and the First Lady putting their head together, it is only a matter of time before everyone else conforms as well. It's inevitable.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jophiel
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


Oh ok i understand what your saying now
but taxing a certain food does not necessarily
mean they want to pass legislation against that item.


Perhaps, but this is not the first instance of taxation turning into legislation. Let us not forget the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 .

Note - Not trying to bring the subject of Marijuana into this. Just using this as a reference.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by baked
 


Well, do you believe in science?

Funny how most liberals/progressives/socialists/communists/fascists love to go on and on and on and on and on about science, then they remove the first and foremost basis of science. Survival of the fittest.

I think the movie Idiocracy is the perfect example of the liberals/progressives/socialists/communists/fascists world end result.

BRAWNDO has what plants crave!






posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
look how much scandal and controversy they have brought about ! -



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by baked
 


Well, do you believe in science?

Funny how most liberals/progressives/socialists/communists/fascists love to go on and on and on and on and on about science, then they remove the first and foremost basis of science. Survival of the fittest.

I think the movie Idiocracy is the perfect example of the liberals/progressives/socialists/communists/fascists world end result.

BRAWNDO has what plants crave!



I saw that movie a few years back and can't help thinking about it all the time based on the way things are progressing in this country.




new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join