It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maddow displays the PROPAGANDA they are! MSNBC Lies!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.............................

The video is of course too much evidence I guess. Oh well.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..............................

I cannot hear you.

Sorry, you cannot embed video here except from youtube or google video.

But of course you can play your Pivot maneuvers, obfuscations, fallacies etc, but the folks are seeing your idiocy. Thanks for showing the true colors by the way.

DERRRRRR! I am Maddow, I play Satirical videos on the TV as if they are true.

THEN, I have idiots on the internet actually defend my idiocy!

DERRRRR!

edit on 2-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.............................

The video is of course too much evidence I guess. Oh well.

Too much of evidence of what? Can you answer that for me? Do you remember what it was supposed to prove? Do you remember the premise the thread was built upon? What is that video too much evidence of again?

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..............................

I cannot hear you.

You keeps usin' all them thar big wurds.

Sorry, you cannot embed video here except from youtube or google video.

Why are you sorry? Sometimes I wonder if you are really little more than a random sentence generator being beta tested by REDSTATE.

But of course you can play your Pivot maneuvers, obfuscations, fallacies etc, but the folks are seeing your idiocy. Thanks for showing the true colors by the way.

What pivot maneuvers?
What obfuscations?
What fallacies?
What etc?
Which folks?
What idiocy?

Either answer all the above or let it stand as the empty gathering of random insults you could muddle together in order to momentarily deflect attention and rile of the Sinnthia haters. Good job. What "folks" again?

DERRRRRR! I am Maddow, I play Satirical videos on the TV as if they are true.

THEN, I have idiots on the internet actually defend my idiocy!

DERRRRR!

edit on 2-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

While I feel quite badly about the limited scope of vocabulary available to one with which to express themselves as it often leads to frustrated anger, I find it hard to believe regression on this scale is anything but a willfull attempt to be such. "Derrrrrrrrrrr" is actually quite ufamiliar to me. Is it a legal term? Medical term? It is not in my dictionary and the context fails to give any such information. Let me see if I know how to employ it.

"Derrrrrrr! We are BrieitbartTV and we post outright lies"
"Derrrrrrrrr! I am Glenn Beck and make plenty of "reporting errors" that I never retract or correct"
"Derrrrrr I am Maddow and I was wrong, here is the truth, sorry."

Did I get it?

Can you have a conversation like a mentally capable adult? Is it possible?

I really want to know if you do not understand the difference between this and an intentional LIE. Honestly?
edit on 2-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Both channels are full of crap.

Don't even try to SUGGEST that Fox is better because Fox is the propaganda wing of the U.S Republican Party.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Derrr, sorry but journalists check their facts before distributing information.

Of course, journOlists do not. Or you could call them propagandists, whatever.

I tend to use the verbiage that is relevant to those that I am intermingling with. Oooops, was that too much?

DERRRR, peeps that lie are bad, those that do not good. DERRRRR. Do you comprehend? Understand? Know? Hmmmm?

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is a little more heated than I would have imagined.

I believe the real story here is the disappearance of real journalism. Real journalism is a crucial element for a functioning democracy, real political change has always had a tie to investigative journalism. Here, I must emphasize that news anchors are NOT journalists, they are hired actors.

Ever since Reagan repealed the "Fairness Doctrine", 'real' news has ceased to exist, and the need for 'real' journalism has disappeared along with it.

(And please do not try to make this a partisan issue, Clinton had the opportunity to reinstate the "Fairness Doctrine" and did not. It serves the status quo, not one particular political party.)

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

after the beer wears off, your gonna have to retrace yer steps and pick up yer nutz -

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nobody was duped here.

News organizations hire 'professionals' that have majored in journalism during their college years. Part of being a journalist is vetting your sources.

They weren't duped, they were caught.

Just like the time NBC made sure the gas tanks on Chevy trucks blew up for their news program....

By attaching model rocket motors to them. They were 'duped' that time too, I'll bet?

NBC's Fiery Crash

If you don't like the link that I provided(I thought it was funny) try googling this: NBC 1993 GM GAS TANKS EXPLOSIONS

Get this:

NBC IS STILL ON THE AIR.... AS A NEWS ORGANIZATION!

edit on 2-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

LOL

good find

I needed that.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Get this:

NBC IS STILL ON THE AIR.... AS A NEWS ORGANIZATION!

FOX NEWS went to court for and won the right to KNOWINGLY report false stories. When they did this, they opened up that right for the other cable news networks as well. So long as the broad sweeping "the whole station" is bad meme is how we judge Maddow. How do you judge all the ilk from that channel that again,

went to court, fought for, and won the right to KNOWINGLY report lies?

Get this

FOX is still on the air... As a news organization.

But this is not about an old NBC story Maddow had nothing to do with is it?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Since when were people like Sarah Palin "conservative"?

Republican yes. Conservative? Far from it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Here would be the POINT, that it would seem that you missed.

Nobody was duped here.

That means news organizations. FOX, NBC, CBS, CNN... You name them and give everyone all the examples that you want.

I don't listen to them any more. They are all crap.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Here would be the POINT, that it would seem that you missed.

I missed nothing. I failed to agree. I actually addressed it directly and voiced my opposition. That is not missing it. Repeating it would do little to clarify anyway but thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Hey dude. People make mistakes. Rachel actually apologized on her show tonight for getting duped.

But you won't talk about that do you?

Also, if she was propaganda, then whey would she be highly critical of the Obama Administration a lot of the time?

Yeah, her apology was basically 'sorry I got duped by the evil glen beck'.
edit on 2-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

admitting her mistake? The mere fact she believed that a website was seriously advocating Sarah Palin, who in no way controls any military assets and is currently not an active member of our executive or legislative branches of government, leads me to believe she is either as dumb as some on here say she is or this was intentionally done to again plant the seed that ALL conservatives are insane war hawks with no regard for human life.

Either way you can't defend her actions as simply being duped. What you saw in the original clip was the slow death of actual journalism in favor of partisan propaganda that tell us what to think rather than let the viewers make up their own minds.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I posted my opinion on the topic here.

But, there seems to be some confusion between NEWS and OP ED, and there is a huge difference.

News is the statement of factual events, with no added commentary or opinion.

Op ed, for example Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rachel Maddow, the Young Turk etc... is a statement of OPINION. They do not need to do any fact checking, and they can invite any guest, with or without credentials that can also state any opinion without having to be fact-checked.

It is basically political entertainment, nothing more, nothing less, and should not be taken seriously.

I repeat, OP ED is not NEWS, and fact checking is NOT required.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I want to start a website that claims that Karl Rove is a reptilian from the planet Nirubu. Would give ANYTHING to have Maddow report that!

S+F!

You made me laugh!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I missed nothing. I failed to agree. I actually addressed it directly and voiced my opposition. That is not missing it. Repeating it would do little to clarify anyway but thanks.

Thanks for posting the proof that you missed the point.

They have you trapped in the false dichotomy that they have created.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
News outlets get crap wrong all the time. At least in this instance, Rachel did issue a retraction, which Fox does not do too often. But who cares? Get rid of your cable and stop watching all this crap.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
this is bull crap

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

By the way, maybe Fox News should start putting on the air things from say The People's Cube

You know, using satirical websites as factual sources. Hehehehehehe

Just for fun, a People's Cube moment-

From the same people who brought you Stimulus, WTF, Sputnik Moment, and Eat Your Broccoli... a heart-wrenching international blockbuster of our times: Cairo Time... starring Hosni Mubarak, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton. Sometimes you need to forget about national interests and remember your heart...

edit on 1-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

They've done it before too, and been chastised for it.

The Friday after Thanksgiving can be a slow news day, but that probably doesn't explain Fox News posting a fake Onion story about President Obama alongside its real news stories.

The satirical story, with the headline "The Onion: Frustrated Obama Sends Nation Rambling 75,000-Word E-Mail," appeared in the Fox Nation section of the site Friday.

Beside it was the more serious headline, "China Issues Warning Ahead of U.S.-South Korea Drills."

The original Obama headline didn't mention The Onion, and the only clue for readers was a link to the satirical site after the first two paragraphs of the story.

www.thewrap.com...

The pressure to fill 24 hour news cycles coupled with shrinking budgets and competition to be the 1st to provide news in a real-time environment has cable news editors under intense pressure to provide content and little time to fact-check sources. It's really quite sickening what has happened to journalism today. All of the networks are equally guilty of this.

At least Maddow apologized for her mistake later that day. .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join