It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Time I Posted my Intro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers! I guess it is about time for me to post my introduction. I've read quite a few great intros recently here and a few which leave me scratching my head. So let me just tell you a little about myself and what I am interested in and how I think I can contribute to ATS.

I've lived a semi-nomadic life, living in 4 different countries and 7 different US states, but am now fairly sedentary basing my home out of the piedmont in North Carolina. I do love to long distance backpack though, mostly in the eastern US, so that nomad in me is still there. The moving around had alot to do with my 9+ years on active duty with the USAF. I had alot of fun during those years and got to do many things most people have never done.

My career now is the same as was in the USAF, Information Security. So, I know you will see alot of me when the next Stuxnet appears. Hopefully, my expertise in that area can be of use here.

I'm not the type of person who thinks everything is a conspiracy. I enjoy listening to and contributing to alternative theories about everything. Especially the ones concerning alien existence, the paranormal and physical phenomena.

I've had some real strange experiences in life that with my knowledge of science cannot be explained, so I search for the truth.

So far here, I've come up with a few favorite people who post. Human Alien, Chadwickus, Weeedon and Whateva69 have really caught my eye as ATSers whom I find interesting.

Personally, I love to cook, backpack, hike , look at the stars, think deeply about the meaning of everything and birds fascinate me. I have spent the last few years studying them in all aspects; biology, habit, habitat, etc.

I think I have alot to bring to this forum, my answers will be based on what I observe and can back up with either science or personal experience, with a some of my own hypothesis and theory thrown in.

Thanks everyone for reading this far!!
edit on 1-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Glad you joined.
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Looking forward to reading some of your opinions on various subjects. As for the few of the favorites that you mentioned. Good choice. I have learned a lot from all these members that you have mentioned.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Welcome to the site buddy. I am from the triad NC so if you ever want a beer...I recently got back from my 2nd tour in iraq this past year, and want to say thank you so much for your service. Look forward to seeing more of you on here!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
welcome fellow birder

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying thank you for your service my friend. It sounds like we would have a lot in common and I wish to welcome yo to our humble abode. I hope yo find it as ejoyable and rewarding as I have in the time I have been active here.

I cant believe no one has asked you about the USAF and UFO connection yet, since you kinda put it out there in your intro, but trust me someone will sooner than you think

I wish you well,

and remember
YouDidntSeeMe

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Feel free to send me a U2U if you have any questions or concerns.

~Keeper—Forum Moderator

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, even if you were a wing-wiper
Just kidding - USN here.

Look forward to seeing your posts brother. For your hobby of backpacking you sure picked one of the most beautiful regions in the country. I used to go hiking along the Shenandoah on weekends in the fall when I lived in Richmond.

Same here on the conspiracies, but this is one heck of place to hear the wildest stuff, and have great debates on tons of topics.

Good folks here, good staff and good mods.

Enjoy my friend.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
welcome to ATS matey, great post!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Welcome to the loony bin!
Just kidding! I am looking forward to read more from you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! Nice to read an actual introduction rather that quick plug thread. Good to have another expert, your time will come.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's so nice to meet you! Hello and welcome!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Your interesting life, varied intrests and skills will no doubt contribute much to these boards!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! My thanks to those of you too who have served your Country as well. Those years were some of the most interesting in my life.

For those of you who are interested, I spent 5 of my 9 years on active duty with the 6911th Electronic Security Squadron at a little site in western Germany called Metro Tango. There is a picture of me at the site HERE. I'm the tall blondish guy sitting in the back.

Youdidn'tseeme - As far as the USAF and UFO connection, I may not be much help with that. I've seen stranger things in the sky while lying on my back at night in the wilderness than I ever did while on duty. I did get to see some really cool aircraft up close and personal though.

MarineSniper - Maybe I will take you up on that beer someday.

Spoonbender - Nice to see a fellow birder here too. I've noticed a number of anomalies in the bird population and behavior over the years and have the data to back it up. I keep all my records on ebird. Do you participate in the GBBC during Februarys?

Mydarkpassenger - Ok, so you were Navy, our old time rivals for who's better at Air Superiority, but I will give you this; Navy computer security courses are way better than what we got in the Air Force. That's why I'd go over to Norfolk Navy Base for training and listen to your instructors.

I look forward to seeing you all around!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Welcome. I think you'll find a lot of interesting things here to keep you occupied.

BTW - regarding your ATS name, was curious if you're a fan of Twain or Rush?

....or both. It's all good either way....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Welcome. I think you'll find a lot of interesting things here to keep you occupied.

BTW - regarding your ATS name, was curious if you're a fan of Twain or Rush?

....or both. It's all good either way....

Both actually! The nickname comes from about 10 years ago. There were these two ladies at work who for some unexplained reason kept calling me Tom, which is not my name. I kept correcting them, but they kept calling me Tom, so I decided, oh well, I'll just respond to Tom. So I took the online name of Tom Sawyer as well because of my interest in Twain and the band Rush. Interesting note, one of the ladies names was Becky.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh for craps sake, you were posted at Langley? Small world huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I am just a skeptic toooooo

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I had some childhood experiences pulling me towards the questions like the meaning of life, paranormal events etc. I recommend anyone searching for truth to read the book Zhuan Falun(linked into my signature below).

I humbly state that there never was a book in the history of mankind explaining the things it can explain. I guess that is a reason why the communists banned the book in China and started persecuting 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners, the Chinese people got too powerful after reading that book..

I wish you good luck!

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness Compassion Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join