It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Repeal: Harry Reid Confronted in Gourmet Market

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Who ever said this Citizen Of The United States of America was following mr. reid around?
If you'd have taking the time to read the article, you'd know that he recognized reid in the store and introduced himself and asked a question, which reid did not want to answer.

Because he was shopping! This is not the place to question the man on his day job.... It's simply rude and intolerable. I don't want to answer questions about my day job when im shopping either. There are lots of celebrities where i live, and none of them would like to be asked questions about their work while shopping... It's incredibly rude.

Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know we payed You or Celebrities with American Citizens Tax Dollars.
I'll make it easy for him and the others just like him,,,,,,, Do What The Majority Of The American Citizens Have Voted For and Have Made Clear We Want Done,,, Or Expect To Be Ask The Hard Question,,,,, Why Can't You Do Your Job?
edit on 1-2-2011 by guohua because: edited to add: You don't like working for the People of America, Then Stop Sucking Off That Tax Titty!

edit on 1-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Franklin said: Congress is the opposite of Progress.

Congress (house and senate) is the only body in this country, short of Wallstreet, that can fail dependably and incredibly well and still vote themselves a pay raise, even as the folks in uniform have families on foodstamps as they risk their lives because of these idiots.
edit on 1-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Congress (house and senate) is the only body in this country, short of Wallstreet, that can fail dependably and incredibly well and still vote themselves a pay raise, even as the folks in uniform have families on foodstamps as they risk their lives because of these idiots.

You're Absolutely Correct and Ignore the wants and needs of American Citizens, Yes, The Common American, The ones who pay the taxes.
Your grand parents and your parents my be eating dog or cat food, because of reid and obamacare.
That so called American h.reid prefers to ignore the will of the American Population.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

You're Absolutely Correct and Ignore the wants and needs of American Citizens, Yes, The Common American, The ones who pay the taxes.
Your grand parents and your parents my be eating dog or cat food, because of reid and obamacare.
That so called American h.reid prefers to ignore the will of the American Population.

And get this: The last congress had the gall to issue a report claiming the military was too well paid!

We need to just to shoot them all, dust off the Constitution and start over with term limits for the whole damned bunch.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

We need to just to shoot them all, dust off the Constitution and start over with term limits for the whole damned bunch.

Oh I see, so, your idea is to slaughter our Constitutionally elected representatives, have elections, and immediately ignore the Constitution by setting term limits on the new representatives without a Constitutional amendment?

What happens when the new representatives don't vote YOUR way? Will they also get executed? Doesn't sound very free to me, sounds more like a dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I say keep their feet to the fire-regardless of the issue-if you feel you wish to say something.

Face it. You don't see these folk inter-mingle with the common folk too often so you have to take your opportunity when it knocks.

Remember, overall, they work for the USA- us.

They should be dam happy anyone even is talking to him (Reid)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As much as I agree we should be able to ask a Senator any question we want. Specially someone of Reid's position. They way the citizen did was rude and disrespectful. I do not like Reid but I dislike rude people even more. This could of been done in a more respectful way. Reid may have answered he may not have. We will never know now. I'm sure Reid will start sending a staffer to the market now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Maybe, he didn't want to answer because there is more to him than just politics? The man might not want to be interrogated at the market.

This statement is the real problem with America. We have been far too polite.

I don't care what Mr Ried was doing. Shopping, washing his car, walking his dog... who really cares? He works for the American people. He makes a very good living doing so. The Senate, Congress, and the establishment in general have completely forgotten that they work for US. If they would put the people's interest above their own money making schemes, then maybe he wouldn't have strangers walking up and questioning him while he is shopping.

In my opinion we need more of this.Now is the time to question our Public Officials about what they are doing and why they are doing it. They need to be reminded who they work and they need to be held accountable for the decisions they make. It is my opinion that every time you see a Government Official out in public, we need to get up in their face and demand answers.

Seriously... how bad am I supposed to feel for Mr Ried when he is shopping for groceries in a place I can not afford to shop at myself? Gourmet Cheese?? Really? Must be nice, it's a treat for me to buy cheese. It's a bigger treat for me if I can buy Velveta cheese. I sure as hell can not afford Gourmet cheese.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SanTanManAz
As much as I agree we should be able to ask a Senator any question we want. Specially someone of Reid's position. They way the citizen did was rude and disrespectful. I do not like Reid but I dislike rude people even more. This could of been done in a more respectful way. Reid may have answered he may not have. We will never know now. I'm sure Reid will start sending a staffer to the market now.

So what if it is rude? I think what the Government has been doing to us for decades is pretty damn rude as well. I say... everyone be rude. Obviously being polite has gotten us nowhere we want to be.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Oh I see, so, your idea is to slaughter our Constitutionally elected representatives, have elections, and immediately ignore the Constitution by setting term limits on the new representatives without a Constitutional amendment?

What happens when the new representatives don't vote YOUR way? Will they also get executed? Doesn't sound very free to me, sounds more like a dictatorship.

Can you prove they were Constitutionally elected? We have seen voter fraud for the highest office in the land... your an absolute fool if you do not think voter fraud is more common for lesser offices.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I say keep their feet to the fire-regardless of the issue-if you feel you wish to say something.

Face it. You don't see these folk inter-mingle with the common folk too often so you have to take your opportunity when it knocks.

Remember, overall, they work for the USA- us.

They should be dam happy anyone even is talking to him (Reid)

My Friend anon72, Very Good Point.
My Friend mydarkpassenge, you also made very good points and let's not ignore My Friend MrWendal, Good points from you as will.

I think term limits are a Great idea need to be instituted, 8 years I think would be long enough.
They should not be allowed to vote themselves a Pay Raise, EVER!
Everything, need to be brought to the floor for a vote in a timely manner.

As far as the American Citizen being RUDE to mr. reid,,,, What Planet are you people from?
Sense when did a Politician need Alone Time?
Politicians Work For The American People, 24/7 I don't get to NOT Pay My Taxes when ever I want, They expect their pay check, I expect them to work for it.

I can't get over this " He was being Rude." Why don't you people go and get in line for your FEMA Tents Now.
You're Afraid To Question An Employee Of The American People, You're Afraid To Question Your Government?
OK, Whimpy,,, Go ahead and play nice,,,, No Pushing or Shoving, Don't pull that persons hair,,, You'll get what's coming To You,,,,, Just Keep Your Eyes and Heads Down and Don't Look Up!
Shut Up Citizen, Did When Tell You To Talk? Go back to your Reality TV show and get that blank look in your eyes, Remember, You're Not Good Enough To Talk To US!

That's Right Liberal, Move On, Stand in Line and Get The Shaft!

I will continue to ask question and if they refuse to answer, I will demand to know WHY!
edit on 2-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
And yet wen President Bush was lambasted last year by a rather rude individual, alot of the leftists on here thought it was just great, more partisan nonsense..............you can't have it both ways.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
And yet wen President Bush was lambasted last year by a rather rude individual, alot of the leftists on here thought it was just great, more partisan nonsense..............you can't have it both ways.

adifferentbreed, You're correct, Yes, Wasn't it some woman war protester and her followers camped out side on the road to the Bush ranch?
Didn't she and her friends harass Bush at the time when he was visiting his home. Didn't the Liberal Media help to fund her or set up her camp there and broad casted the news from her road side camp when Bush was on vacation.
But That Was OK,,,,, You're right, It's OK, when a Liberal Does It!
edit on 2-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Maybe, he didn't want to answer because there is more to him than just politics? The man might not want to be interrogated at the market.

Yes, Maybe there is more to him,,, Like a State full of Unemployed American Citizens that is is continuing to ignore for the possibility of the Hispanic vote.

The man is a disgrace, he should of Maned Up and answered the question, But instead he expects all of you to be his servants and do as he says and don't you dare question him or his motives!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

There are a few of us who applauded that "rudeness" as well. For me, it is not a partisan issue. I don't care if you are a Republicrat, Dempublican, Libertarian, Constitutionalist, Tea Party member, or from the goat humpers association. Every last one of these leeches deserve whatever they get from the American Public. I should elaborate, I do not condone violence or any kind (yet), but we deserve to have our voices heard. They have made it clear our voices are nto heard when they cast votes for unconstitutional legislation, so let them hear it on their "free time". Maybe next time they are casting a vote, they will remember that ticked off person at the grocery store, bar, hotel, restaurant. The votes they cast represent those people, and it is about time they remember that.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Can you prove they were Constitutionally elected? We have seen voter fraud for the highest office in the land... your an absolute fool if you do not think voter fraud is more common for lesser offices.

Which are you referring to? The voter REGISTRATION fraud committed by ACORN? Or the ACTUAL vote fraud committed by DiBold for George W. Bush?

See, if you are referring to the voter REGISTRATION fraud committed by ACORN, then I have to disagree, as the imagined people never actually voted.

But, if you are referring to the DiBold voting machine hack fraud committed for George W. Bush, then that's another issue.

Still, that argument is quite weak and still does not justify murder and high treason. I am sick of limp wristed posters threatening their own countrymen with death because of political differences.

I feel that people who have to threaten to kill our representatives are domestic enemies and should be treated as such, they are no better than Timothy McVeigh, or Jared Loughner. I may have political disagreements with some posters on here but I would never be so low, so petty, so childish as to threaten their lives. But when I read some post that threatens the lives of my countrymen that I feel is tantamount to a threat against me.

And then to go on and be a hypocrite within the same post? Wanting to go back to the Constitution, then ignoring that same Constitution and without a Constitutional amendment force upon representatives term limits?

I am sorry, but that argument is weak and adding hyperbole to that already weak, incredibly insensitive, hostile, and sickening post just doesn't cut it.
edit on 2/3/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the only real way we can stop, or rather lessen, Reid's influence in the Senate is to win a majority of the Senate in 2012.

As I see it now, Reid is securing a Republican lead Senate as we speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Quote from whatukno ["But, if you are referring to the DiBold voting machine hack fraud committed for George W. Bush, then that's another issue."]
I think you need to show us your Proof than Bush was behind the DieBold machine problems, Put Up from a reliable source or Shut Up.
That's What I Thought, Only Your Left Wing Blogs Blamed Bush.

I have another question for you, whatukno,,, If Bush was behind DieBold voting machine fraud,,, Why did it continue in the 2010 election? Can You Answer That?
www.prisonplanet.com...

The machines made headlines during the 2008 primaries when huge disparities between votes cast on Diebold electronic voting machines and actual hand counted tallies emerged in New Hampshire. Confirmed votes for Ron Paul were not even counted in some districts, with Hillary Clinton benefiting from clear evidence of widespread fraud
“Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid’s name was already checked.” the report states. ( That's Right Dear American Citizens,, H. Reid's Name Was Already CHECKED!!!!! Is That Voters Fraud For H. Reid, Like whatukno Claims it was all about G. Bush and G. Bush!! )

The incident was not an isolated one, with several voters encountering the same problem within minutes of each other.
“Sam Laughinghouse of New Bern said he pushed the button to vote Republican in all races, but the voting machine screen displayed a ballot with all Democrats checked. He cleared the screen and tried again with the same result, he said. Then he asked for and received help from election staff.”

“They pushed it twice and the same thing happened,” Laughinghouse said. “That was four times in a row. The fifth time they pushed it and the Republicans came up and I voted.”

Now whatukno,, The Real Blame for the Voting fraud belongs to these two Not G. Bush, Who You Must Still HATE,,, With and Unbridled Passion,,, Why is that? Is it because you only see things from the Progressive Liberal Point of View? Do you not have an Open Mind and Can You Not Understand That People are Only Human and Make Mistakes,,,, I'm Sorry, You Obamanites Only Believe in the Power Of Your Savior and His Party.

Any why, Here's the real Bad Guys: Vote fraud expert Bev Harris previously revealed that an embezzler named Jeffrey W. Dean, who specialized in sophisticated alteration of records of computerized systems, was a programmer of voting systems.

Dean was the senior vice president of Global Election Systems and a director of the company previous to Diebold’s takeover in 2002. Despite Diebold’s claim that Dean left the company when they took over it was later revealed that they retained Dean as a consultant.

Dean and his prison buddy John Elder, who did five years for coc aine trafficking, ran a ballot plant on the West coast and were also responsible for writing vote tallying software. Harris’ research has further shown that Global Election Systems/Diebold vote machines were specifically built to allow tampering.

Now whatukno, I'll ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME,,, Your Proof Of G. Bush Being Involved.

edit on 3-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yes I was referring to the 2000 and the 2004 elections. There are also reasonable questions surrounding the primaries of 2008. However, I would suggest that those examples are only the tip of the iceberg. It is foolish to think that voter fraud is not happening in much smaller elections. City Councilman, Sheriffs, Mayors, we have elections for many positions besides President (which I am sure you are fully aware of) and these types of elections largely go under the radar. They are not under the same type of scrutiny as national elections. Would you be the least bit shocked to find out that local elections are just as corrupt? I wouldn't. I would be more shocked if they were not.

Now as I said in my previous post. I do not condone violence and I am not suggesting that people assault or kill or harm anyone in any way...at this point. Revolution exist for a reason and I believe we are inching our way closer and closer to that line every day. If the will of the people continue to be ignored, sooner or later it will come to violence. History has shown us that and we can see it today in Egypt. So the consequences of Government ignoring the population are clear even today. That being said, comparing a political disagreement with other posters here and Government who makes the decisions that effect people are two entirely different things. Harming a regular person for having a different political belief from you would be insane. The posters here are not making policy. Their opinion has no effect on your day to day life. Government however is quite different and the politicians do make policy. They do make the decisions that effect your day to day life. I do not think they deserve to be killed without a trial, but I can certainly understand why others would disagree with me. When you make the choices that effect people's day to day lives you are bound to make enemies. Not everyone will agree with you and when a person goes into that line of work I think they understand the type of target they can potentially become. I also do not think it is fair to compare acts of violence with someone who is simply voicing his opinion very publicly and openly to an elected official and that is all the person in the OP did. Voiced his opinion openly after asking questions and being ignored.

The fact is, these are elected officials. Their job is to represent the American people. When they refuse to listen to the will of the people and continually pass legislation that goes against the will of the people. There will be questions that need to be answered. When our elected officials who are supposed to be working for the American People then refuse to answer question or listen to the people, openly calling them out is the next step. I just hope they start to finally listen, but I doubt it. Sooner or later the line in the sand will be drawn and crossed over. When that happens, god help us all.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

??
Ok, you want me to show proof from a reliable source and you give me prison planet?
Really?
Prison planet?
Seriously? Reliable source? LMFAO!

Here, let me find something from the weekly world news for you, it's the same caliber of reporting!

In the vernacular of the era, that's total fail!

reply to post by MrWendal

Revolution exist for a reason and I believe we are inching our way closer and closer to that line every day.

I think there are people that are trying to push towards revolution, using disinformation, exaggeration, lies, misinformation, and deception. I am not sure what the goal of that plan is, I am not sure that the goal of enticing a revolution is freedom.

That being said, comparing a political disagreement with other posters here and Government who makes the decisions that effect people are two entirely different things. Harming a regular person for having a different political belief from you would be insane.

But when these people threaten our elected officials with violence, in essence they really are threatening each of us. It's supposed to be WE the people, not ME the person. The people that threaten our politicians are in fact trying to silence the voice of the people. I don't believe that the people who would threaten our politicians want freedom for the people, I believe that they want some sort of dictatorship, where only their voice is heard.

The fact is, these are elected officials. Their job is to represent the American people. When they refuse to listen to the will of the people and continually pass legislation that goes against the will of the people. There will be questions that need to be answered. When our elected officials who are supposed to be working for the American People then refuse to answer question or listen to the people, openly calling them out is the next step. I just hope they start to finally listen, but I doubt it. Sooner or later the line in the sand will be drawn and crossed over. When that happens, god help us all.

But let's take the original post for example, here we have someone driven so insane by FOX News and other conservative "news" outlets, that he thought it was proper to go and verbally assault a senator from not his state. The proper way for him to express his brainwashed frustrations would have to contact either Jim Webb or Mark Warner, the senators from Virginia. Not to accost the senator from Nevada.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join