It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Repeal: Harry Reid Confronted in Gourmet Market

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

ObamaCare Repeal: Harry Reid Confronted in Gourmet Market

berkshireeagle.blogspot.com

Amongst all this recession chic, Mr. Reid's Republican interrogator decided now was the time to go public.
In a voice that could be heard on the other side of this medium-sized food emporium, the shopper with ObamaCare Repeal on his mind -- no shrinking violet he -- loudly declared to his fellow gourmands (many in lines waiting to check-out) that indeed the graying personage standing right there amongst them was none other than "U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid," and, pointing directly at
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.drudgereport.com

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is GREAT! It all started when the Citizen, Yes, A Republican, But a Citizen recognized Mr. Reid shopping and after introducing himself as a Republican, Mr. Citizen ask mr. Reid a question.

Mr. Private Citizen wanted to know from Mr. Reid himself why the Majority Leader was refusing to allow the just-passed House bill to repeal ObamaCare to come to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote.
The senior senator from Nevada plainly did not want to answer.
Gee, I Wonder Why!
I understand, mr. Reid appeared to be both annoyed and mortified that You and Me, The Common American Citizen Would DARE,,,, Ask or Confront him, We are below this man, you are Sheep, Shut-up and Do As You're Told! Never, Never, Ask a Question!!!

People, We Need to Stand up and ASK QUESTIONS!!!!
And We Should Have Answers,,,,, Does he not work for us, the American Public and does he not draw a Salary from our Tax Dollars? To me That Means He Works For All Of Us and 24/7
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdfea5bda962.jpg[/atsimg]

Who Disagrees With Me?

berkshireeagle.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe, he didn't want to answer because there is more to him than just politics? The man might not want to be interrogated at the market.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Maybe, he didn't want to answer because there is more to him than just politics? The man might not want to be interrogated at the market.

Yes,but as a public servant he is obliged to answer questions put to him by citizens if he's seen in a public place. He should know better than to assume that he's safe from probing by citizens if he chooses to venture out amongst the 'little people',especially given the current socio-political climate.

People don't particularly care about whether or not there is 'more to him than just politics' because he is charged with the well-being of those he represents while in office and people aren't happy with the overall performance of those in Washington at the moment.
edit on 1-2-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

I don't know about Politicians in Canada, but I believe we pay for ours to answer us anytime and any where, Not just when They Feel All Touchy and Huggy and have their scripts and their worshipers packing their Town Hall Meeting.

I believe he asked a question on many peoples mind and we have a right I believe to know Why He Thinks He Is So Much Better Than The Common American, That If I'm Correct,,,, I pay For His Services.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Reid represent the State of Nevada. This incident happened in Virgina.

Senators cannot, and will not, address correspondence from non-constituents. Some Senators will reply indicating that; others will forward your letter to the appropriate Senator(s); others will simply ignore your letter. Ensure that you are writing to your own Senators regardless of the issue, even if the matter concerns something that happened in another state.

www.wikihow.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I understand that he has a public duty to answer questions posed by his constituents. I never said otherwise. What I said was that he is a human being in addition to a Senator, and human beings tend to be displeased when strangers turn their daily life into a spectacle.

The citizen could have approached Mr. Reid in a polite and civil manner instead of the frankly disrespectful 'shout and point' method of approaching people you have never met before. The OP is insinuating that Mr. Reid didn't want to respond because of some ideological motive, or some disrespect to his constituents. I say, he didn't want to respond because his constituent did not show him respect. Why should he honour a man who does not treat him as his equal?

edit: and now I see that he was not in his home state, so the interrogator was not a constituent of Mr. Reid and wasn't entitled to an answer from him, as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 1-2-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually you are correct, Senator Reid had absolutely zero obligation to answer anything from a person in VA. But the Right won't spin it that way. They will ignore the fact that it would be completely inappropriate for Mr. Reid to address the concerns of a citizen that is not his constituent and instead play it as if Mr. Reid was doing something rude.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The key words here are and I quote from article. [Majority Leader was refusing to allow the just-passed House bill to repeal ObamaCare to come to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote.]
He was not asked any question pertaining to his states legislation but he was asked Why was he as the Majority Leader,,, That is the key there,,,, Majority Leader. Get it?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by jam321

Actually you are correct, Senator Reid had absolutely zero obligation to answer anything from a person in VA. But the Right won't spin it that way. They will ignore the fact that it would be completely inappropriate for Mr. Reid to address the concerns of a citizen that is not his constituent and instead play it as if Mr. Reid was doing something rude.

Quite the contrary; as Senate Majority Leader Mr. Reid assumed the mantle that all the US citizens were in part his constituents, not merely those who elected him. Leadership positions mean those people who fill them are not just accountable to their immediate state constituents.

That is a pat answer, and a means of dodging this man's questions.

It's as if President pro tempore of the Senate, Daniel Inouye, who is third in the presidential succession hierarchy felt no obligation to respond to a Virginia or Nevada citizen.

I've been watching Harry Reid a long time; he definitely has an Imperial Senator complex, and aside from the late Senator Byrd, is one of the clearest arguments for Congressional term limits there has been.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

The Majority Leader does not represent the People. He is the leader of the Democrats in the Senate. His constituents, as majority leader, are all of the democratic members of the Senate.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Let's see if you can get it......

He is the leader of the Senate and it is up to him what legislation he wants to bring forth. Those are the rules both parties adhere to and have played by for years. Republicans have played similar tactics when they were in charge.

Furthermore, just because he is Senate majority leader does not mean he has to answer to every voter. He only has to answer to the people who elected him. And of course we both know that Nevada loves him considering they just recently reelected him.

Here some reading material for you.

The "offices" of the majority and the minority leader, as we know them today, are of recent development in the history of the Senate although individual Senators since 1789 have assumed leading roles in the determination of what the Senate would or would not do.

www.senate.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Our system here in the US was set up so that any citizen could question any Congressional rep or Senator on any matter. I have questioned personally and via email Senators from other states and received replies, if only as a courtesy.

My tax dollars don't just pay my Senator's salaries and benefits - they pay every Senator's including Reids.

Taxation without representation is one reason we fought a revolution.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Ever hear of time and place? Mr Reid has full right to expect to be able to do his shopping without being harassed.

We should all go following this concerned citizen around doing the same to him and see how he enjoys it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Who ever said this Citizen Of The United States of America was following mr. reid around?
If you'd have taking the time to read the article, you'd know that he recognized reid in the store and introduced himself and asked a question, which reid did not want to answer.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Personally, I'd like to ask mister gourmet shopping Senator Reid what he proposes to do about the homeless.

After all, the Imperials have seen fit to tell poor people & the unemployed that they must buy healthcare, or be taxed in the form of a fine, which is just more money that they cannot afford to spend.

So does Senator Reid think we should have a law where homeless people must buy homes, or face a fine as well?

Why don't they get off their a$$es and get the damned economy running instead of these rocket-scientist ideas from people who have no damn clue what it takes a middle-lower class family to live these days?

edit on 1-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Who ever said this Citizen Of The United States of America was following mr. reid around?
If you'd have taking the time to read the article, you'd know that he recognized reid in the store and introduced himself and asked a question, which reid did not want to answer.

Because he was shopping! This is not the place to question the man on his day job.... It's simply rude and intolerable. I don't want to answer questions about my day job when im shopping either. There are lots of celebrities where i live, and none of them would like to be asked questions about their work while shopping... It's incredibly rude.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

He chose a public life, let him live with it. Everyone of us pays that guy's salary and life-long benefits. He is accountable to every taxpayer in this country.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

And who is to say, this concerned American Citizen was not a resident of Nevada? You know he wasn't or are you just assuming?
He knew reid by sight, did he not?
But, still. if you came from Mars and asked me a question, what am I going to do? Tell you I'm not from Mars I can't talk to you or answer your question?
How about an employee for the state of Washington, you're going to move to Yakima, WA. and you have a question about Goats, You call a city employee for Yakima and tell them you are moving from Wabash, TN. and you have a question about Goats. What are they going to say, I can't answer your question, you don't reside in this city or state and I'm a state employee.
Harry Reid Is An A&& Wipe!
edit on 1-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

That's a thought. Harry is a resident of Nevada in that same store, so maybe that guy was. Did Imperator Reid ask him for his driver's license?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join