It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Mothman Sighting Near Cincinnati, Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Recent Mothman Sighting Near Cincinnati, Ohio

I received an email in reference to recent incidents experienced by the writer and her friend. The location was near Cincinnati, Ohio.

I'd like to share an experience my friend and I have unfortunately been dragged into. At approximately 10:30 PM tonight, I received an instant message from my friend about a rather disturbing encounter she had. She had reported she saw the Mothman. I sent her several messages back, asking if she was alright, if she was there, etc. She eventually sent me a text message with a picture that she drew of the creature attached.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Any chance of sharing the photo/drawing?
Thanks for posting, this forum needs some new life

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

The link is not working for me. Can you fix it?

Never mind. Working now.
edit on 2/1/2011 by greybeard1 because: Working now

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I guess you know the person who sent the email to you? Just asking, to make sure it's not like the random emails like "I need to send you a million dollars to keep safe for me, after you send me $40" that circulate sometimes.

I don't mean to insult or accuse, just clarifying-- you know and trust the sender of the email?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I like mothman stories, but I have now decided that I never want to meet him.

If this did happen to you and your friend, I can understand why you were scared and didn't want to draw any attention to the matter, but if it happens again, just call the police and tell them someone is at your window and trying to get in. Just leave mothman out of the initial call and then if the police show up and he's still there... well, that would be awesome!

I'm just a couple hours from Cinci. I hope I'm in an anti-mothman zone.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm trying to get further information as well as a sketch of the cryptid. If I have an update, I'll post another link.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
That's not unbelievable,i seen what could have been the moth man. In north western PA.
A few months ago.

If what i seen was not the moth man it still was a freekishly large creature with wings and red eyes.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is an update to this sighting...including a witness graphic rendition: Update; Mothman Sighting - Middletown, Ohio

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if someone could help me. I read your post earlier and am somewhat familiar with the "Mothman Prophecy". I recall something about people seeing him and then a terrible catastrophy about a bridge colapse? It is very strange to me that you live in Ohio and I just read about a train derailment there. I am not familiar with the geography of Ohio but it happened in Washington Township. The article said the train was en route to Bellevue Ohio? I was just curious if anyone thinks the accident could be linked to the sighting?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Keep an eye on the area for a while. Things like Mothman have an uncanny tendency to show up near future disaster sites. Mothman and the Silver Bridge collapse, the Black Bird of Chernobyl just before the critical failure...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I dont think that there is a connection between the Mothman and a train derailment. The movie, "The Mothman Prophecies" was way different than the book. The connection between the Mothman and the tragedies was only in the movie. Sure, the Silver Bridge collapsed around the time of the sightings, but in the book it is more focused on the Men in Black.

Anyway, if anyone has the contact info for the person who had the encounter, I would like to contact them to talk to them about their sighting. Interesting stuff.

new topics

top topics

join