It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Discovery: Our Colossal Universe -"250 Times Bigger than What We See"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I thought that, luminiferous aethers, were back in vouge, as it appears there is a matrix that is being moved thru.
That one guy ( forgot his name ), he has a theory that the speed of light is not consant, or has not always been the same though is relative constant now.
This is interesting what if light was faster or slower in the past say 14 billion years ago it was a different speed, that would cange alot of things.
What is interesting is, what if the aethers you speak of are really Dark Matter ( I know they go back and forth on that one too ) but if these Dark Matters do exist, what if the Dark Matter is chaging in density with Time.
I myself think Dark Matter is really Dark Gravity, and since photons can be effected by Gravity this would also explain the speed variences in Light speed, Dark Matter is the Matrix everything moves in as it changes, so does the way things change moving in the Matrix.

Hey, but even Einstein made up the Cosmic Constant, because he could not balance his equatision,.
edit on 3-2-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wow what a great thread!! I could eat Stephen Hawking's books literally... Humans think they are so smart, yet they still have to discover the wonderful world around us and don't understand soooo many things
S+F

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
"To consciously travel where no thought has travelled before "

The mass of the known universe suddenly expands and gets bigger

some may say that this is the growth (the human concious shift) being reflected outward through our expanding consciousness

the expansion ....goes like this ....so with in ....so with out

one might say that there is only 10% of the universe that humans are conscious of at this moment in human time and that 90% is still hidden from our awareness

there is infinitely... so much more

when a cave man looked up into the night sky there where fewer stars for him to see

yet he was looking at the same night sky that you and I see today.

The universe is contained with in itself ......

and all levels of awareness are revealed through the upgraded expansion of our mass conciousness.

when the time is right ...the petals of the universe will open to reveal more of it's self.

remember nothing travels faster then the speed of thought......

Moody Blues: The Best Way To Travel

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How would this fit into the concept, as now being put forward yet again in an article in the New Scientist, that our world and universe is a giant hologram? As you are reading this post you are reading something happening on the boundary of our universe. If space-time is a grainy hologram, then you can think of the universe as a sphere whose outer surface is papered in Planck length-sized squares, each containing one bit of information.

At first I thought is was too bizarre but the more I think about it the more credible it becomes. You need to be a New Scientist subscriber to check on the latest stuff but if you want to follow it through you could start-

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:u8VJCzG1ZX4J:www.scribd.com/doc/15765052/Our-World-May-Be-a-Giant-Hologram+is+our+world+a+giganti c+hologram&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

"Since about 1978, astronomers probably have found about 200 gravitational lensing events, but that involved a very slow search through lots and lots of data," said Asantha Cooray, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at University of California in Irvine. He and dozens of other scientists from around the world collaborated on a recent project to make the process faster.

Largest space mirror

Using data collected by the Herschel Astrophysical Terahertz Large Area Survey (Herschel‑ATLAS) the team of researchers have demonstrated a way to quickly and easily find strong gravitational lensing events with close to 100 percent efficiency.

Herschel is a European Space Agency (ESA) mission with significant participation from NASA. It was launched in May of 2009, and now orbits a distant point about 1.5 million kilometers (930,000 miles) from Earth on the opposite side of our planet from the sun.

Because Herschel's mirror is the largest astronomy mirror ever launched in space (3.5 meters, or about 11.5 feet across), it can take the sharpest pictures to date at the wavelengths it detects.

"Herschel-ATLAS is aimed at understanding how stars form inside galaxies and to shed some light on the past history of galaxy growth," said Cooray who is now the lead US (NASA) investigator for Herschel-ATLAS. Cooray is supported by a CAREER award from the National Science Foundation (NSF).

Link

micro lensing

The Tau Zero Foundation is continuing to advocate Claudio Maccone’s FOCAL mission, which would be the first attempt to get a spacecraft to our own Sun’s gravitational lens. In a recent visit, Maccone and I discussed the paper on FOCAL he had delivered at the International Astronautical Congress in Prague. Just as EPOXI’s second cometary pass has shown us how much a spacecraft’s mission can be extended by intelligent marshaling of its resources, so a mission to 550 AU offers up an entirely new set of observations as the vehicle continues to move outward from the Sun. These observations would be progressively more difficult, but they are worth examining for a potential mission trajectory into interstellar space.

For Maccone realized that even as observations of the Sun’s gravitational focus proceeded, a successor to the FOCAL spacecraft could, as it pushed ever deeper into space, tap the lenses of individual planets. The question of planetary gravitational lenses has come up on Centauri Dreams before, and Maccone has now gone into the specifics. If we must reach a minimum of 550 AU to make use of the Sun’s lens, how far do we travel to tap the lenses of the planets?

A Widening Series of Focal Spheres

Link
week gravatational lensing

While the presence of any mass bends the path of light passing near it, this effect rarely produces the giant arcs and multiple images associated with strong gravitational lensing. Most lines of sight in the universe are thoroughly in the weak lensing regime, in which the deflection is impossible to detect in a single background source. However, even in these cases, the presence of the foreground mass can be detected, by way of a systematic alignment of background sources around the lensing mass. Weak gravitational lensing is thus an intrinsically statistical measurement, but it provides a way to measure the masses of astronomical objects without requiring assumptions about their composition or dynamical state.

Link

strong gravatational lensing

there is also a distinction to make between focal (medium density and refractive index) and micro gravatational (solar planetary gravity lensing)

the smaller micro lense (focal/optical+micro gravatational) effect is embedded in a larger galaxy lens
there is a distinction to be made between focal (medium density and refractive index) and strong gravatational lensing effect of the galaxy.

the micro lenses consist of two micro gravity lens and micro density/refractive lense that acts as a density/gravity lense (helio spherical micro lensing) from the out side of the "bow shock"
the gravity lense and medium density and refractive index of the galaxies two lenses combine optically.

the micro lenses gravity/optical amplify the strong gravatational and galaxy optical effects to distort image size and location and perceived distence.

the heliospherical lense acts like a telescope with the galaxy lense and distorts the images we see with our telescopes out side of the galaxy.

these really are cosmic zoom lenses

xploder

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't understad this thread at all. If space is ifinite, then how can it be 250 times more than Infinit.

kind of doesn't work for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Ironically, that's actually the point I was making the first time I posted in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, I agree.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

if we consider the hubble volume as a sphere aprox 14 billion years
and the CMB = cosmic microwave backround aprox 250 times larger
whats between the observable universe (hubble volume)
and the cmb = furtherset point of reference

imagine the furtherest thing in the universe we can see
now imagine being there
whats the furtherst thing we can see
now imagine being there
do this 250 times and we hit the CMB
whats between what we can see (observable universe)
and the CMB?

xploder

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

great post

that article was very good, this really makes you think that if that star is really 13.2 billion years old then how old is the univese really

people may never know its crazy to think also what if we can only see 14 billion years into the "past" what is beyond that farthest galaxy or quasar

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join