It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Name some of these "governments of most NATO nations that are using the fear of terror attacks to sack their nation's democratic constitutions and gain police-state authority", please? Like Egypt, for example? Seems like the people are winning over there, seeing how Hosni just announced he wouldn't seek re-election. And please elaborate what you meant by "And if there are nukes involved, even better.". Are you looking forward to a nuclear encounter?

First, Egypt is not a NATO member.

Secondly, this was not a political rant so... put the frying pan down. It was an opinion; my own, based on my personal observations.

Third, I don't think I said anything to indicate that I would personally appreciate getting nuked. Your insinuation is rhetorical at best, and pointless after that.

But if a nuke was used by, say, alQaida (just for the purpose of filling in the space so, relax), it would indeed serve to create more fear, more Patriot Acts and more police state mentality.

Please do reply if you feel the need but if you don't mind, save the venom for someone else.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

I came to the same conclusion because very little if any "terrorist" activity is actually what the official story says. It's a good rule of thumb that when they release information like this is is either

a) to incite fear

or

b) to grease the wheels so that the general public thinks it was "terrorists" if something "happens"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
In other words... The US Government is planning a nuclear false flag event in order to take more of your rights away and they are going to blame it on a make believe boogyman who lives in a cave.

could not have said it better myself. some people actually believe that terrorists exist. come on people it"s 2011 - wake up!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The remote possibility exists that elqaida have nukes, but then the possibility exists that the boy scouts heve em too....
We will see more flse flag attacks than terrorism as usual.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
reply to post by AeonStorm

I'm hard pressed to that think people in caves even have electricity, but I'm to believe they have nukes?

By the way, why is it that this huge news is being reported by a tabloid???

Yeah, I have no idea how they manage to power those GPS's, cell phones, laptops, and all the other hi-tech gear they have. After all, we must believe your claim that they all live in caves, right? :shk:

An what right do tabloids have entering your highly-believable MSM world? We all know that the MSM is the only source of news that is true, reliable, and honest, right?

Jeezus - how can you believe what you've just said? How can you expect to be taken seriously in any discussion, with knowledge barriers like that as your standard? :shk:

Sorry I didn't know so many people were sensitive about the cave comment, but it wasn't meant in the literal sense.

By the way, I didn't know a tabloid is not a form of MSM. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Now run to your underground bunkers cause al-queda is coming to get you.

I'm not sensitive at all.
I just thought I'd point out the emptiness of your post. Maybe you were just trying to be cute with the 'caves' comment, or your bias against anything other than MSNBC as a news source. Whatever. Your comments lent absolutely nothing to the discussion. Certainly not even an iota of knowledge of current world affairs.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Name some of these "governments of most NATO nations that are using the fear of terror attacks to sack their nation's democratic constitutions and gain police-state authority", please? Like Egypt, for example? Seems like the people are winning over there, seeing how Hosni just announced he wouldn't seek re-election. And please elaborate what you meant by "And if there are nukes involved, even better.". Are you looking forward to a nuclear encounter?

First, Egypt is not a NATO member.

That's nice. Now answer the question posed to you:

Name some of these "governments of most NATO nations that are using the fear of terror attacks to sack their nation's democratic constitutions and gain police-state authority"

Secondly, this was not a political rant so... put the frying pan down. It was an opinion; my own, based on my personal observations.

When I see wild-assed statement like yours, I usually call the person out to clarify what they meant.

When said person immediately gets snippy and defensive, it is a sure sign that they are talking out of the part that goes over the fence last. And they never answer the question, it seems. Who woulda guessed?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the2people

In other words... The US Government is planning a nuclear false flag event in order to take more of your rights away and they are going to blame it on a make believe boogyman who lives in a cave.

could not have said it better myself. some people actually believe that terrorists exist. come on people it"s 2011 - wake up!

the2people

Are you really serious about that? Do you honestly believe that terrorists do not exist?

Or are you just toying with us?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So here is my observation.

The information is from Wikileaks, usually highly touted by conspiracy theorist but also has a niche as being seen as a government rouse.

Yet, throughout here, people have been discounting it. Not to say those that are doing so wouldn't discount other information arising from wikileaks. Just a curious observation.

At any rate it goes to show people will choose what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

At any rate it goes to show people will choose what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe.

Good point. People will believe a source as long as it agrees with their own views. It's fun to watch them explain themselves when called out on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Believe nothing, be open to everything, Generally a good rule of thumb.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's not Al-quieda we need to worry about letting of a nuke. It's America. They seem to want to pick a fight with some mid east coutry so they can finnaly push that button again.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

It's not Al-quieda we need to worry about letting of a nuke. It's America. They seem to want to pick a fight with some mid east coutry so they can finnaly push that button again.

America has sat upon thousands of nukes for over 50 years now without dropping them on anyone ( except for Hir and Nag ). They have proven themselves to be strong enough to be trusted with such a burden. They don't need 'to pick a fight with some mid east coutry so they can finnaly push that button again'. Don't be silly.:shk:

Now, please answer the question about terrorists.

And here's one more for you: Do you think al Qaeda would use nuclear weapons if they obtained them?
edit on 2-2-2011 by mishigas because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Our soldiers fighting this fake this war tell me theyre over there to stop us being attacked in our own country , right but yet "al cia duh are now sitting on nukes ?
hmm i think this war is a fraud and pointless , it only serves to depopulate the earth .
BRING THE TROOPS HOME !!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
America has sat upon thousands of nukes for over 50 years now without dropping them on anyone ( except for Hir and Nag ). They have proven themselves to be strong enough to be trusted with such a burden.

*facepalm*

I can't believe you just said that. In fact, I had to read it over to believe someone would be this ignorant. I'm trying real hard to not rip you a new one but

For the first time ever I wish this site had an ignore feature.

Give your head a shake mate.

BTW Jared Loughner has never hurt anyone before( except for...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

yeah your right actually
Im not gonna applaud anyone for not using a nuke !
A weapon that kills ONLY the poor weak and innocent .
Dont you get it WE the PEOPLE are the only ones that suffer from WAR .?
Do you think the guys who supply weapons to our soldiers CARE about the soldiers dying ? THEY want war they need war.
War is to make the rich richer and to ENSURE the poor are DYING everywhere !
The rich politicians and leaders dont send THEIR kids to war they send YOURS .
You are poor and your life means NOTHING to them !
When will we kick these scum out of power and stop sham wars like this ? im ready !

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, I can rest easy. The voices here at ATS have just assured me that Al Queda doesn't have nukes.
*phew*

I'm glad everyone has an inside track to their finances, russians smuggling materials out of the old Soviet Union, rogue scientists working as mercenaries.

On the same site where aliens are discussed freely, where conspiracies abound, the idea of a terrorist organization getting their hands on nuke material is laughed at?

Well, we are a community of free thinkers, so opine away! I'm going to be a wee bit more concerned however.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am not afraid of Al-Qaeda
Its Al-Cracker that frightens me-CIA

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Spot on, sir/madam

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It would seem that many people did not read the post.

A dirty bomb is not a nuke! It is just a bunch of radioactive material with an explosive in the middle. You then set it off in a crowded area. So, first you have the bomb, then second you have the lingering issue of radioactivity. It would take out a relatively small area but if you let it off in a city it would create havoc.

Imaging the EPA trying to deal with every spec of radioactive material that was propelled by the explosive device throughout an area.

I'm also surprised that so many people believe that this would be a false flag event. But after-all, this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wait, how does this come from Wikileaks? Reading the article the only mention of Wikileaks is about how some of the cables document movement of nuclear material. In fact, as far as I can tell, the article seems nothing more than speculation, not journalism, unless I missed something. Going to read it again.

EDIT:* Ok, so after re-reading it, first off it cites "documents from a security briefing* as a source for a jan 2009 meeting stating that Al-Qaeda had plans to "make" a dirty bomb. We can only assume the security briefing documents come from the Wikileaks. They then state that two years prior to this meeting, four years ago from now, that in "found Al-Qaeda documents" that their methods were more advanced than thought. Then they go one to state that in 2008 an Indian security personnel had told American security personnel that Al-Qaeda had made attempts to get fissile material.

On throughout the article is much the same, citing second and third hand sources about seperate and unconnected attempts to obtain, or opinions about their ability to make such a weapon. From what I see, this article is simple speculation and a jump to a conclusion by piecing together bits and pieces of unrelated information spanning the last five years.

Looks like nothing more than fear mongering to me. But maybe I'm just too jaded these days.
edit on 2/2/2011 by dethduck because: closer look at article.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join