It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents.

A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11".

Security briefings suggest that jihadi groups are also close to producing "workable and efficient" biological and chemical weapons that could kill thousands if unleashed in attacks on the West.

Thousands of classified American cables obtained by the WikiLeaks website and passed to The Daily Telegraph detail the international struggle to stop the spread of weapons-grade nuclear, chemical and biological material around the globe.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In other words... The US Government is planning a nuclear false flag event in order to take more of your rights away and they are going to blame it on a make believe boogyman who lives in a cave.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
In the immortal words of every single person who has ever visted Godlikeproductions

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Loose security in many phases of the handling of nuclear materials, combined with the vows to destroy us, the 'Great Satan', make this an extremely worrisome matter and a chief security concern. We can only speculate how far along al Qaeda is toward using dirty bombs to attack the West.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yeah, dont read stuff on godlikeproductions. Itll take you down a back alley, Fill you with disinformation and leave you wondering what the hell just happend on the street curb of Lies.

edit on 1/2/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As I read the news story I was reminded of a documentary I recently watched called Countdown to Zero. Here is a brief description of the documentary

Countdown to Zero is a documentary film released in 2010 which argues that the likelihood of the use of nuclear weapons has increased since the end of the Cold War due to terrorism, nuclear proliferation, theft of nuclear materials and weapons, and other factors.

The film features interviews with leading statesmen and experts, including Tony Blair, Jimmy Carter, Mikhail Gorbachev, Robert McNamara, Pervez Musharraf, and Valerie Plame Wilson.

This video is highly interesting and goes into great detail about how easily a nuclear bomb could be procured and used by anyone who has the money and the patience.
Here's a link to the film for those interested:

Countdown to Zero
edit on 1-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Talk about fear mongering.

So a country like Iran with all the oil wealth has not obtained the bomb yet but al-ciada has and they are about to us it. Sure

BS would be an understatement.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
Talk about fear mongering.

So a country like Iran with all the oil wealth has not obtained the bomb yet but al-ciada has and they are about to us it. Sure

BS would be an understatement.

I know this story can impose fear in people but I don't think that it is fear mongering. Surely you know how OLD this tech is. The hardest part about building a nuclear bomb is obtaining the fissionable materials! The rest is fairly simple.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I thought nukes have a short shelf life and need constant maintenance. If it every happens its from the USA or the Mossad. This is a fact.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The US made it soooo easy for a dirty bomb.

They just have to collect Depleted Uranium
that they littered Iraq with.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I'm hard pressed to that think people in caves even have electricity, but I'm to believe they have nukes?

By the way, why is it that this huge news is being reported by a tabloid???

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Al Qaeda has nukes....
Yeah, right.
I guess we aren't skeered enough of the fictitious Al Qaeda/Al CIA duh, that "they" have to threaten us will nukes to get our attention.
I wonder how this information came to light. Mohammed Atyou spoke to a MSNBC reporter on condition of anonymity, that unless America suddenly and universally praises Allah and then sets itself on fire, they will nuke something.
"We're on the brink of using nukes"! Better watch out!
Is Al Qaeda really Israel? They have the capacity, and they are the ones that are pissed that no one gives a rats ass about them anymore.
That must be it. Al Qaeda is Israeli Foreign Assets!
Now it all makes sense.
Next....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb

I think there are two things going on in this report that are not defined therin.

1. The governments of most NATO nations are using the fear of terror attacks to sack their nation's democratic constitutions and gain police-state authority.

2. Radical Islamic groups consider themselves at war with Christianity/NATO nations and in their minds, have been since the crusades.

Between these two efforts, the people of the democratic western nations are potential victims of both. Their governments are content to wage an everlasting war on these groups and they on us. Along the way, if we lose our rights or die... what the hell, you know?

EDIT: And if there are nukes involved, even better.
edit on 1-2-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm hard pressed to that think people in caves even have electricity, but I'm to believe they have nukes?

Why are these people always in caves without electricity? That's pretty stereotypical isn't it?

also the Vancouver Sun is not a tabloid paper:

The Vancouver Sun is a daily newspaper first published in the Canadian province of British Columbia on February 12, 1912. The paper is currently published by the Pacific Newspaper Group, a division of Postmedia Network. It is published six days a week, Monday to Saturday.

Source: Wiki

By the way, all I'm trying to convey is that fact that it is very possible for those with the resources to obtain fissionable material,build, and use these weapons if someone wanted to commit an act of terrorism. False flag or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well 50 years ago, tnt in the wrong hands would be a concern. What will our concerns be 50 years from now?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
In other words... The US Government is planning a nuclear false flag event in order to take more of your rights away and they are going to blame it on a make believe boogyman who lives in a cave.

How can you possibly come to that conclusion from the news leak? Maybe I am missing something, but wouldn't the leaked documents specifically state that this is going to be a false flag attack? Unhless of course the leak is some sort of lead up to the false flag attack, which is actually very plausible if the government was going to do a false flag attack. OK, you can come to that conclusion.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yeah, I have no idea how they manage to power those GPS's, cell phones, laptops, and all the other hi-tech gear they have. After all, we must believe your claim that they all live in caves, right? :shk:

An what right do tabloids have entering your highly-believable MSM world? We all know that the MSM is the only source of news that is true, reliable, and honest, right?

Jeezus - how can you believe what you've just said? How can you expect to be taken seriously in any discussion, with knowledge barriers like that as your standard? :shk:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Actually, the comment is entirely relevant.
Al Qaeda is hunted in the roughest terrain of Afghanistan...in caves and mountainous terrain. Not exactly conducive to nuclear weapons manufacturing. And this story about "Al Qaeda" on the brink of using nukes.
Give me a break. Define Al Qaeda/Qaida. Who are they and what country do they call their own? Who do they trade with? Who are their representatives?
No smug emoticons to make you feel stupid, just simple questions.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb

I think there are two things going on in this report that are not defined therin.

1. The governments of most NATO nations are using the fear of terror attacks to sack their nation's democratic constitutions and gain police-state authority.

2. Radical Islamic groups consider themselves at war with Christianity/NATO nations and in their minds, have been since the crusades.

Between these two efforts, the people of the democratic western nations are potential victims of both. Their governments are content to wage an everlasting war on these groups and they on us. Along the way, if we lose our rights or die... what the hell, you know?

EDIT: And if there are nukes involved, even better.
edit on 1-2-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

Name some of these "governments of most NATO nations that are using the fear of terror attacks to sack their nation's democratic constitutions and gain police-state authority", please? Like Egypt, for example? Seems like the people are winning over there, seeing how Hosni just announced he wouldn't seek re-election.

And please elaborate what you meant by "And if there are nukes involved, even better.".

Are you looking forward to a nuclear encounter?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Yeah, I have no idea how they manage to power those GPS's, cell phones, laptops, and all the other hi-tech gear they have. After all, we must believe your claim that they all live in caves, right? :shk:

An what right do tabloids have entering your highly-believable MSM world? We all know that the MSM is the only source of news that is true, reliable, and honest, right?

Jeezus - how can you believe what you've just said? How can you expect to be taken seriously in any discussion, with knowledge barriers like that as your standard? :shk:

Sorry I didn't know so many people were sensitive about the cave comment, but it wasn't meant in the literal sense.

By the way, I didn't know a tabloid is not a form of MSM. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Now run to your underground bunkers cause al-queda is coming to get you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join