It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes Galore! Feb 01 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy
Afraid you are mistaken, there is nothing more than normal numbers of earthquakes going on there.
Its the mag 5+ that matter, unless you get a whole bunch of 4's in the same place in one day and they are not aftershocks of a big quake.
Have a look here over the last 7 days
earthquake.usgs.gov...

also check last 30 days
neic.usgs.gov...

nothing much has changed from what it was like back in 1879 when USGS started out, except more people are becoming aware of the situation due to the Media

If you are really keen start following this thread
Quake Watch 2011

There hasn't been anything normal about the number of earth quakes in the last two or three years if you go back as far as 2001 to now and compare. The frequency of earth quakes above 2.5 have gone up considerably.
All you got to do is check out the history in the above USGS website that you posted above.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Certainly have never seen the video before Zorgon. Even as a kid I can remember thinking along these lines that the Earth might be expanding. Very odd to see our world like that, with no water. What could be causing that and where did all the water come from. Trippy.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Howdy Zorgon,

I know I sound like an old nag but I still go with what I have written here many times on ATS

An extinction level event was to occur on Earth but "they say" even though Humans are evolving slowly they ARE evolving and a race worth saving.

What is happening has to happen in the manner it is to lesson this event

Watch for new fissures opening and the event will be where not expected the Central mid-Atlantic Ridge. Watch for magnetic anomilies in said area

Two connecting quakes off Brazil's hump to Ridge then the big one precursed by the P-Wave which will cover over 23 Countries in the hump of Africa may interfere also with Portugal, Spain Italy Maybe France, England.

Tsunami's HUGH ship will tilt on side to hold water in areas..... sadly many will be lost but the Human race will not go extinct.

Let's see if it happens or I am the fool.

What is happening now has to happen so they can save this race for the future

I know how it makes me sound (craZZZZZZZZZZZZZy) I can read what I write.... only sharing what they show and tell.

Time will tell and as they say, whatever is to be.....will be!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
sry but you are very but very wrong...earthquake activity has been confirmed on an increase

PROOF THAT YOU ARE VERYYYYY WRONG

dont get scared with this one...

scary stuff

edit on 2-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

Sorry but I'm not going to believe random jpeg/gif graphs taken off the net. If you want I can open mspaint and make a pretty graph for you?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok well now I am a bit weirded out. Earlier on EDIS site there were like 30 + earthquakes just today all over the world and there were like 10 in the US some of them happening in the same minute in California. Now when you go to the page there is nothing at all. I went to do a search and it says at the top in paranthesis (Except for Earthquakes)

So whats up with that? They already stopped reporting on volcanoes now earthquakes? This strikes me as just a bit odd.

here is the link
hisz.rsoe.hu...

here is the link with the except earthquakes
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Ok maybe I am over-reacting as there is a new earthquake in Alaska now, so maybe the day just rolled over on the website.
edit on 2/2/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK Z, you have me. How can I look at things for only 2 yrs and say they are average.....How can you look at any known data to mankind and scream "the sky is falling" Gordon Michael Scallion tried and failed...Nancy Lieder has failed 2ce......are those GMS's maps Ha Ha...1994 has come and gone he is a farce..You are preaching Doom and not even making any money. And you're not building an Ark either. If what you are preaching happens,there wont be a safe place unless you have an Ark...I here there is a company in Russia that is building one...GO FOR IT. have a nice day

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Howdy Zorgon,

I know I sound like an old nag but I still go with what I have written here many times on ATS

An extinction level event was to occur on Earth but "they say" even though Humans are evolving slowly they ARE evolving and a race worth saving.

What is happening has to happen in the manner it is to lesson this event

Watch for new fissures opening and the event will be where not expected the Central mid-Atlantic Ridge. Watch for magnetic anomilies in said area

Two connecting quakes off Brazil's hump to Ridge then the big one precursed by the P-Wave which will cover over 23 Countries in the hump of Africa may interfere also with Portugal, Spain Italy Maybe France, England.

Tsunami's HUGH ship will tilt on side to hold water in areas..... sadly many will be lost but the Human race will not go extinct.

Let's see if it happens or I am the fool.

What is happening now has to happen so they can save this race for the future

I know how it makes me sound (craZZZZZZZZZZZZZy) I can read what I write.... only sharing what they show and tell.

Time will tell and as they say, whatever is to be.....will be!

Hahahahahaha, who is the THEY....snicker snicker... you became a looser December 31st. Go now and build an even better Crystal Ball..change your P.O. Box and make some more money. Say Hi to Nancy for me

edit on 2-2-2011 by mike184ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184everIf what you are preaching happens,there wont be a safe place unless you have an Ark...I here there is a company in Russia that is building one...GO FOR IT. have a nice day

Good for Russia
Wasn't aware of that ark
But it's a cover or just some people... got a linky?

The PTB already have the jump gates to Mars... at least according to ATS threads and Jim Marrs.

Me? I am counting on my Pegasus team to finish our saucer before then. Only a four seater though so don't ask

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184everHow can you look at any known data to mankind and scream "the sky is falling"

Well when I was in school they taught people that if you are on a beach and the waves recede quickly do NOT go out and pick up the pretty sea shells or the fish... run for the hills.

In the last Tsunami in 2004 seems people forgot that little bit of common sense

But the natives saw the signs and decided today was not a good day to go fishing and went to their temples in the hills... Scientists had feared for their survival but they knew...

Immediately following the 2004 Tsunami, the world was so rocked with the staggering death toll of nearly 240,000 individuals that it is often forgotten that many of the more rural and traditional citizens were able to survive through an indigenous understanding of the signs of an incoming tsunami. For example, scientists in the area initially were convinced that the aboriginal population of the Andaman Islands would be significantly ravaged by the tsunami, however, all but one of the tribes in the islands (oddly enough, the one that had largely converted to Christianity and thus, a change of lifestyle,) suffered only minor casualties. When questioned, the tribesmen explained to the scientists that the land and ocean often fought over boundaries and when the earth shook they knew that the sea would soon enter the land until the two could realign their borders. Because of this, the villagers fled to the hills and suffered little or no casualties.

worldprehistory.blogspot.com...

No animals died in that Tsunami, save they found one dead rabbit... the animals knew the signs... and ran to high ground. At one preserve the handlers saw the elephants get restless and break free. They did not understand what was going on... The elephants survive, but many of the staff at the preserve lost their lives. Seems they did not follow the elephants.. You can google that... seems all over the region and in several countries hit by the wave the elephants knew... and saved lives

The elephants in Khao Lak, the hardest-hit area in Thailand, had apparently trumpeted in fear three hours before the earthquake struck, hundreds of miles away. They sounded the alarm again an hour after the quake but significantly, before the wave had hit.

At the fishing village of San Suk, birds started a frantic squawking. Villagers took heed and ran, and all 1,000 escaped unharmed.

One thing is sure,' says Mackenzie. 'While people died in horrific numbers, there were often situations where animals in the same area were not killed. In Yala National Park in Sri Lanka, there were no signs of animals dying in large numbers, yet people died there in huge numbers.' In Thailand, elephants were used to save lives after the disaster in search-and-rescue missions,

www.mackenzieproductions.com...

Tsunami Animals: A Sixth Sense?
www.foxnews.com...

But some scientists have scoffed at the notion that animals have "super sense" and doubt they survived in the large numbers that others have suggested.

Typical from 'scientists' who can't see past their noses

No Ark Needed for Animals this Time
www.dwamusa.com...

"No elephants are dead, not even a dead hare or rabbit. I think animals can sense disaster. They have a sixth sense. They know when things are happening," H.D. Ratnayake, deputy director of Sri Lanka's Wildlife Department, said Wednesday.

Experts: Tsunami Kills Few Animals
www.jcrows.com...

YALA NATIONAL PARK, Sri Lanka - Wildlife officials in Sri Lanka expressed surprise Wednesday that they found no evidence of large-scale animal deaths from the weekend's massive tsunami � indicating that animals may have sensed the wave coming and fled to higher ground.

A photographer who flew over Sri Lanka's Yala National Park in an air force helicopter saw abundant wildlife, including elephants, buffalo, deer, and not a single animal corpse.

Floodwaters from the tsunami swept into the park, uprooting trees and toppling cars onto their roofs � one red car even ended up on top of a huge tree � but the animals apparently were not harmed and may have sought out high ground, said Gehan de Silva Wijeyeratne, whose Jetwing Eco Holidays ran a hotel in the park.

"This is very interesting. I am finding bodies of humans, but I have yet to see a dead animal," said Wijeyeratne, whose hotel in the park was totally destroyed in Sunday's tidal surge.

So the POINT is to make people aware of what is happening and to be alert to the signs... You can laugh all you like, you can make fun of it all you like the way posters are doing on the Australian Storm thread, but in the end, it will be YOU that is in the death toll of an event

From an email that was circulated in 2005

From the unbelievable chaos of the Tsunami disaster comes an incredible tale from Jim France of the Pavilion Hotel Group in Bangkok.

At a resort on Phuket, one of the most popular attractions is (was) elephant rides. As many as eight people on one elephant, first into the surrounding forest, then down to the beach, to lunch at a fresh water lagoon, then back to the hotel. The elephants (nine) were kept chained to iin-ground posts, not because they needed to be, but because it made the mothers feel better because their children seemed safe from a tromping when feeding the beasts.

About twenty minutes before the first wave hit, the elephants became extremely agitated and unruly. Four had just returned from a trip and their handlers had not yet chained them. They helped the other five tear free from their chains. They all then climbed a hill and started bellowing. Many people followed them up the hill. Then the waves hit. After the waves subsided, the elephants charged down from the hill, and started picking up children with their trunks and running them back up the hill; when all the children were taken care of, they started helping the adults.

They rescued forty-two people. Then, they returned to the beach and carried up four dead bodies, one of a child. Not until the task was done would they allow their handlers to mount them. Then with handlers atop, they began moving wreckage.

Seems there was one young person that studied at school and paid attention...

Additionally of note is the story of Tilly Smith, a 10-year-old British student vacationing on Mikakhao Beach in Thailand. Tilly, had recently studied tsunamis in school and immediately recognized the frothing bubbles and receding ocean as a harbinger of a tsunami. Along with her parents, they warned the beach and it was entirely evacuated safely.

Seems at least a few people in the world can do better than to make fun of issues
There may yet be hope for mankind

edit on 2-2-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ROFLMAO....jeezo...good for you....nuttier than a fruitcake....no I dont have the link any more,,you will have to do the google thing on your own, Building a spaceship isnt hard...its the dang computor guidiance system to miss the big F'in rocks while flying at 50,000 ft per second that has me hung up. Bill's on it though!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

A big Thank You to Windwaker for the link to John Moore's videos. I watched the entire series of videos and he (in 2008?) really predicted the future....and gave us some near term food for thought, at a minimum. Now several things about weather, new Gov facilities, etc. make perfect sense. Please watch the videos of John Moore, folks. For your own good.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by mike184everHow can you look at any known data to mankind and scream "the sky is falling"

Well when I was in school they taught people that if you are on a beach and the waves recede quickly do NOT go out and pick up the pretty sea shells or the fish... run for the hills.

In the last Tsunami in 2004 seems people forgot that little bit of common sense

But the natives saw the signs and decided today was not a good day to go fishing and went to their temples in the hills... Scientists had feared for their survival but they knew...

Immediately following the 2004 Tsunami, the world was so rocked with the staggering death toll of nearly 240,000 individuals that it is often forgotten that many of the more rural and traditional citizens were able to survive through an indigenous understanding of the signs of an incoming tsunami. For example, scientists in the area initially were convinced that the aboriginal population of the Andaman Islands would be significantly ravaged by the tsunami, however, all but one of the tribes in the islands (oddly enough, the one that had largely converted to Christianity and thus, a change of lifestyle,) suffered only minor casualties. When questioned, the tribesmen explained to the scientists that the land and ocean often fought over boundaries and when the earth shook they knew that the sea would soon enter the land until the two could realign their borders. Because of this, the villagers fled to the hills and suffered little or no casualties.

No animals died in that Tsunami, save they found one dead rabbit... the animals knew the signs... and ran to high ground. At one preserve the handlers saw the elephants get restless and break free. They did not understand what was going on... The elephants survive, but many of the staff at the preserve lost their lives. Seems they did not follow the elephants.. You can google that... seems all over the region and in several countries hit by the wave the elephants knew... and saved lives

The elephants in Khao Lak, the hardest-hit area in Thailand, had apparently trumpeted in fear three hours before the earthquake struck, hundreds of miles away. They sounded the alarm again an hour after the quake but significantly, before the wave had hit.

At the fishing village of San Suk, birds started a frantic squawking. Villagers took heed and ran, and all 1,000 escaped unharmed.

One thing is sure,' says Mackenzie. 'While people died in horrific numbers, there were often situations where animals in the same area were not killed. In Yala National Park in Sri Lanka, there were no signs of animals dying in large numbers, yet people died there in huge numbers.' In Thailand, elephants were used to save lives after the disaster in search-and-rescue missions,

www.mackenzieproductions.com...

Tsunami Animals: A Sixth Sense?
www.foxnews.com...

But some scientists have scoffed at the notion that animals have "super sense" and doubt they survived in the large numbers that others have suggested.

Typical from 'scientists' who can't see past their noses

No Ark Needed for Animals this Time
www.dwamusa.com...

"No elephants are dead, not even a dead hare or rabbit. I think animals can sense disaster. They have a sixth sense. They know when things are happening," H.D. Ratnayake, deputy director of Sri Lanka's Wildlife Department, said Wednesday.

Experts: Tsunami Kills Few Animals
www.jcrows.com...

YALA NATIONAL PARK, Sri Lanka - Wildlife officials in Sri Lanka expressed surprise Wednesday that they found no evidence of large-scale animal deaths from the weekend's massive tsunami � indicating that animals may have sensed the wave coming and fled to higher ground.

A photographer who flew over Sri Lanka's Yala National Park in an air force helicopter saw abundant wildlife, including elephants, buffalo, deer, and not a single animal corpse.

Floodwaters from the tsunami swept into the park, uprooting trees and toppling cars onto their roofs � one red car even ended up on top of a huge tree � but the animals apparently were not harmed and may have sought out high ground, said Gehan de Silva Wijeyeratne, whose Jetwing Eco Holidays ran a hotel in the park.

"This is very interesting. I am finding bodies of humans, but I have yet to see a dead animal," said Wijeyeratne, whose hotel in the park was totally destroyed in Sunday's tidal surge.

So the POINT is to make people aware of what is happening and to be alert to the signs... You can laugh all you like, you can make fun of it all you like the way posters are doing on the Australian Storm thread, but in the end, it will be YOU that is in the death toll of an event

From an email that was circulated in 2005

From the unbelievable chaos of the Tsunami disaster comes an incredible tale from Jim France of the Pavilion Hotel Group in Bangkok.

At a resort on Phuket, one of the most popular attractions is (was) elephant rides. As many as eight people on one elephant, first into the surrounding forest, then down to the beach, to lunch at a fresh water lagoon, then back to the hotel. The elephants (nine) were kept chained to iin-ground posts, not because they needed to be, but because it made the mothers feel better because their children seemed safe from a tromping when feeding the beasts.

About twenty minutes before the first wave hit, the elephants became extremely agitated and unruly. Four had just returned from a trip and their handlers had not yet chained them. They helped the other five tear free from their chains. They all then climbed a hill and started bellowing. Many people followed them up the hill. Then the waves hit. After the waves subsided, the elephants charged down from the hill, and started picking up children with their trunks and running them back up the hill; when all the children were taken care of, they started helping the adults.

They rescued forty-two people. Then, they returned to the beach and carried up four dead bodies, one of a child. Not until the task was done would they allow their handlers to mount them. Then with handlers atop, they began moving wreckage.

Seems there was one young person that studied at school and paid attention...

Additionally of note is the story of Tilly Smith, a 10-year-old British student vacationing on Mikakhao Beach in Thailand. Tilly, had recently studied tsunamis in school and immediately recognized the frothing bubbles and receding ocean as a harbinger of a tsunami. Along with her parents, they warned the beach and it was entirely evacuated safely.

Seems at least a few people in the world can do better than to make fun of issues
There may yet be hope for mankind

edit on 2-2-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him
You only have to look at Political Map to see that you cannot hide from a caticlismic earth change like you discribe....and Scallions Maps are a farce....fire up the Grill, pop the tops on some good brew and watch the show. Its not meant to survive. Why do poeple try so hard not to get the big picture.
edit on 2-2-2011 by mike184ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Only one immediate problem with that video, just by glancing at the frame that is frozen in display, in your post (Will have to wait for better connection to stream it and watch, but for now....)>>>

The so-called "expanding earth" nonsense video is the one I'm talking about....the glaring error is in the lower right-hand corner.

Says (copyright symbol) 2000 Neal Adams.

Kinda blows its credibility there. Of course, he's about the ONLY advocate of that "theory" I think??

Oh, and before I get slammed for "missing links" and such....just put your critical thinking cap on and contemplate the physics, for a start. If that's not a strong enough hint....see if you can find some videos of figure skaters. Watch them twirl, on the ice....and watch them demonstrate the principle of "conservation of angular momentum". That's when they spread out their arms, whilst spinning....then pull them in close to their bodies, to increase their rotation rate......

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That's when they spread out their arms, whilst spinning....then pull them in close to their bodies, to increase their rotation rate......

I've done lots of skating weed and that's hardly a good comparison.
Putting your arms out are like applying air brakes..(pilot term for you)
It's resistance..
The atmosphere rotates with the Earth so the same effect would NOT apply..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

man..Im confused..so are we having more or less earthquakes???? No offense to anyone here, but..

..dam..a lot of arguing over something that should be simple math...I think alot of people have forgotten this isnt posted on MSM..or is is MSN..oh well..news/media..u know what I mean...

come on guys and gals...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I can definitely get down with the expanding earth theory, i've actually been thinking about it a lot lately, but in a more spiritual sense.

my theory so far, Get this:
Maybe "pangea" was just a smaller earth, where all the continents connected because there was very little water, and probably resembled a tinier Mars. over ages and ages and ages, the heat in the core of the earth eventually rises, and everyone knows that just like a balloon, that would cause in increase in size/diameter. what causes the core temp to rise? what i like to call "spiritual mass" increases. all matter is an expression of consciousness and if a being is learning and experiencing an expansion of consciousness, necessarily it's 'spiritual mass' increases. just as we have a physical body, i believe we also have an emotional, mental, and spiritual body according to our perceptions in other realms of being. also i suppose that if our spiritual mass increases, the other bodies follow suit, in their own specific interpretation that is analogous to an increase in consciousness...

the heat creates newly formed magma that rises to the crust and breaks through natural fault points and makes the fault lines. at these fault lines an important part of this theory takes place: the hot magma hits the crust and it cools then and there. all the magma comes up and cools at the surface, creates rock and stone, and forces the fault lines further apart. the new rock forcing the fault lines further apart is the keystone to this theory. there is scientific evidence that the sea bed and stone at the fault lines is "younger" than the surrounding area. anyway, also along this timeline water begins to populate the earth. without water, there is no life as we know it. in a metaphysical way, it may be reasonable to assume that with a growth in life force, there is a manifestation of water, somehow. over millenia, the spiritual life force manifested as physical heat expands the land, so the land breaks apart and creates what we call today the continents.

- water increases as spiritual/emotional mass increases. water has forever been a symbol of emotion, and our emotional body. it has always been said by great mystics that our physical world is only a reflection of another world, our "inner" world. our "inner" world is most definitely our spiritual and emotional selves. as our spiritual and emotional selves grow, our "outer" perception is transformed by our "inner" perception, and the physical symbol of emotion: water, increases in population.

in the context of today, this acceleration of "spiritual mass" can explain all of the earthquake activity. we presently are experiencing a mass expansion of consciousness, and as we grow, mother earth grows. all of the unusual fault line activity of today could be attributed to this theory, IMO.

if someone is interested, i believe this theory also supports a hollow earth theory. and no, i'm not going to argue with you whether or not this is true or possible. it is my idea and i'm here to share it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
It's just weird... like the seasons have shifted by a couple months

Daniel 2:21
"He changes the times and seasons; He removes kings and establishes kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding."

Yes, you are correct. And it will continue to build. The complete removal of the kings of the earth is near. All prophecies will be fulfilled.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Deborah-Moses because: correcting text

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
But is the tenth planet not also still an option to keep in mind? Can imagine that a massive planet could pull our earth out of the boundaries?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ayava5678

Originally posted by heineken
sry but you are very but very wrong...earthquake activity has been confirmed on an increase

PROOF THAT YOU ARE VERYYYYY WRONG

dont get scared with this one...

scary stuff

edit on 2-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

Sorry but I'm not going to believe random jpeg/gif graphs taken off the net. If you want I can open mspaint and make a pretty graph for you?

if you want to please me please do the following..

start > shutdown > turn off computer

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi ...the expanding earth theory is not new ..I found a science paper explaining it .. DEVELOPMENT OF THE ACCREATION THEORY

A key discovery in developing this new Accreation Theory came in 1987 from listing most of the larger known bodies in the Solar System by size. [See list below] This list produced an illuminating fact—all smaller solar bodies appear to be irregularly-shaped, but as diameters reach ~400-600 km (~250-375 mi), they become nearly spherical, and ALL ARE SPHERICAL by the time they reach a diameter of ~940 km (~585 mi).
www.expanding-earth.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join