It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the threads attacking atheism/atheists lately?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Have you heard of project bluebeam? I'm very worried that with the holographic technology we have today, that a biblical prophecy might be fulfilled at the deception of the world. The Atheists and non-believers alike will have a very hard time when the religiously gullible have some sort of "evidence". Many will convert. Just a hypothesis though, nothing more.

edit on 4/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Let me share something of myself with you. I do not like cats I am more of a dog person. Why one earth would I go to a cat appreciation society? The only reasonI would go is to disrupt the meeting. Help me out here. What is the agenda? Do you need converts like the Xtians?

Dude hooray we share something in common CATS I absolutely loath cats they really grip my shiit

Ah but I only loath cats that act in a certain way, I mean after all it would be downright stupid to hate a cat for being a cat no ?

In my entire life ( unlike a cat I unfortunately have but one) I have only made myself acquainted with a cat a mere 5 times, that's right I can count the occasions on one hand and one of those occasions the bastard attacked me so I'm not sure if that counts but this is evidence that I am tolerant of cats .

Nevertheless despite repeated attempts at dissociating myself from cats they still insist on forcing themselves upon me and my family.

They continually shiit in my garden, they will come into my home uninvited at any given opportunity to steal and leave that stinking urine as a gesture of gratitude.

Cats have burgled my home and murdered my childrens rabbits, leaving my kids very disinterested and hateful of cats.
We once had a nice little population of Robins coming to feed which was a joy for my kids but along came the cats and tore them apart.

I really tried hard trying to communicate with the cats that they were unwelcome and suggested nicely time and again that they should stay in their own home with their kind.
Did the cats listen? No they did not so I had to introduce them to a couple of friends of Mr Gun and Mr Tuna mixed with antifreeze.

Needless to say my new method of communication has proved pretty effective and the cats have decided to listen and not come here so much.

So you see it would appear to be all about effective communication and I detect a similar "communication" problem with xtians, they either don't speak English or like the cats are deaf.

The irony being that sometime in the past the xtians would have been thrown to the cats in order to get the message across.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I've heard of and studied just about every known secret project that exists. If the government ever decides to deceive the world with a holographic projection of a "biblical prophecy", I won't be convinced. None of those prophecies have ever been fulfilled anyways, so I find it reasonable to question it when one of those prophecies seems to occur rather than believing it. I certainly won't convert, no matter what happens.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm pleased to hear that, i worry for the gullible.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Have you heard of project bluebeam? I'm very worried that with the holographic technology we have today, that a biblical prophecy might be fulfilled at the deception of the world. The Atheists and non-believers alike will have a very hard time when the religiously gullible have some sort of "evidence". Many will convert. Just a hypothesis though, nothing more.

So what kind of prophecy do you think it will be? Maybe the anti-christ since we live in "the new age" or the real messiah according to the jews? Perhaps its gonna be an alien disclosure that the greys and reptillians were always our "friends" since they give us techonology for a few abductions here and there?

I am not gullible but I do believe in god and satan. The evidence is ample if your willing to compare mainstream science and religion with fringe science and religion! Fringe isn't necessarily bad if 95% of the populace are fox news and kool-aid drinking sheeple....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Eh, I'm not worried about them at all. If they have the ability to think critically, it's their fault for buying into such scams. My friends and my fiancée think critically and know what's going on, so they're all I'm concerned about when things get chaotic. My family, however, needs a reality check. They have no idea what's happening behind closed doors. -_-

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

So what kind of prophecy do you think it will be?

I really couldn't say.

The evidence is ample if your willing to compare mainstream science and religion with fringe science and religion!

Then please provide the evidence in it's amplitude. We are all open-minded after all. (Most of us)

Deism (the belief in a God) is one belief, but to claim to understand, know or have faith in his thoughts, desires and commands is just something that cannot be demonstrated (yet) Therefore man is just guessing and attaching myth to something they cannot prove exists or doesn't exist. That is the principle of religious belief. Subscribing to pre-written beliefs.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am not gullible but I do believe in god and satan.

Not the kind of statement I would expect from a self-proclaimed debunker. The biblical god and Satan can definitely be debunked.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Fair enough, But If you're not worried for the gullible, and you'd rather leave them to their own critical thinking faculities; why do you even debate on here? Why do you spread the reasonable word?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Because I feel that logic and reasoning deserves at least just as much attention as religious concepts, if not more. Doesn't mean I care about religious people. I'm also very bored right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

I am not gullible but I do believe in god and satan.

Not the kind of statement I would expect from a self-proclaimed debunker. The biblical god and Satan can definitely be debunked.

In what way? Do you disagree with their names or is it something else? Go ahead and debunk anything you wish, but I am not holding my breath in the mean time.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Then you care for the gullible, as those with little logic and reason generally are easily convinced by the unprovable. And i'm glad of it. I think you care more than you make out.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well the the religious people who are going to be fooled will be the fundamentalists. I could say that they deserve it but fundamentalists can be extremely dangerous. Suppose if there was a 500ft cross that morphed into Jesus then that would be a problem. I think a similar idea was used by AJ quinell in his novel the Mahdi.

I think religious people can however be sceptical. It would be a gross oversimplification to assume that the religious people are all gullible. Some are quite discerning.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You cannot prove God or Satan exists, for the same reason you can't prove Heaven and Hell exists, or Reincarnation. They are unfalsifiable claims, if you do not have logical or empirical evidence they are merely just conjurings, without logic or rationality.

Other unfalsifiable claims like multiverse theory, or the "4th dimension" are formed using existing information available in our present universe (quantam theory) the mathematics is used to rationalise the theory. Although it is a rational unfalsifiable hypothesis, it still could be untrue.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I imagine their will be many religious sceptics - Especially if it was a prophecy preached by one specific religion.

Again, I could never be sure. I know that many Agnostics will find the evidence convincing enough to reason their faith.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No, I disagree with those concepts entirely. A god and an anti-god would require creators. The creators would also require creators and so forth. That's called infinite regression and it demonstrates that a god cannot exist. In order for the biblical god to exist, it would have to be possible to obtain infinity because he is claimed to be infinite in all attributes. Most critical thinkers and debunkers know that this is simply not the case because infinity does not hold any specific value, rendering the so-called "infinite" god to be finite. A god cannot create itself because it must exist in the first place to create itself, which is contradictory because there would be no need to create itself if it already exists, which suggests that this god was already created by someone or something else. Nobody knows exactly how the universe began, but it certainly does not require a god.

That is why gods are impossible. Debunked.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

No, I clearly stated that I don't care about them. You can't put words in my mouth and say that I care. That's my decision, not yours, and my decision is that I don't care about them.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So what kind of prophecy do you think it will be?

I really couldn't say.

So how can you be sure of anything then?

The evidence is ample if your willing to compare mainstream science and religion with fringe science and religion!

Then please provide the evidence in it's amplitude. We are all open-minded after all. (Most of us)

You gotta be kidding me. Entire volumes have been written about fringe religion, alternative history, parapsychology, ufology, etc.
Not to mention mainstream stuff which is 1000 times more plentiful!

I cant do the work for you. That is up to you but if your too lazy or deadset in your beliefs then that is your problem...not mine!

Deism (the belief in a God) is one belief, but to claim to understand, know or have faith in his thoughts, desires and commands is just something that cannot be demonstrated (yet) Therefore man is just guessing and attaching myth to something they cannot prove exists or doesn't exist. That is the principle of religious belief. Subscribing to pre-written beliefs.

Indeed, I would have to be god to know god and satan to know satan!

Beliefs are perfectly ok with me and all we can do is make educated guesses.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Can I ask a question?

Remeber Swift? Why couldn't he have been parially right. What if we creat god unconsciously. Not the old man in the Sky by say an old man that we project into the sky. "We" being the collective weight of humanity? There is something anomalous that people have experienced and Jung has commented upon.

edit on 4-2-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

My apologies then.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join