It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is with all the threads attacking atheism/atheists lately?

page: 37
34
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by something wicked
 






To disbelieve you need to understand the concept of God/s to reject it,


No I don't ,

"There is an invisible man "

"I don't believe you"

There you go rejection with but one attribute




Actually, you've proved it, thank you. You understand the concept of an invisible man, you understand the concept of the potential of an invisible man standing behind you and have rejected it. If you didn't know what the concept of an invisible man was, you wouldn't be in a position to accept of reject it with any degree of certainty.
edit on 4-2-2011 by something wicked because: typo




posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There could be those who don't need to learn anymore

??



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Some would call that reaping what you sow...



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Re Student X

You wrote:

["The same way black is a color."]

It's not obvious to me, where you want to go with this categorization, but just for the record: Black is technically an absence of colour. Maybe that's what you meant?

Operating from a base of categories is a VERY tricky business (though not completely worthless if treated with care). Unfortunately 'fringers' of all denominations just love the careless version, because their mindsets are constructed thusly, that they believe they have 'proved' something by using it.

"Oh Lahwdy, you who majically can turn nothing into something, black into white and take away the legs from talking snakes. Why can't you just turn atheists into theists, so we get rid of them once and for all. Truly: The atheists p*sses us off. Thank you Lawhdy for listening at least. Amen and glory be. Out"

From anti-bogolomistic lamentations book one.

edit on 4-2-2011 by bogomil because: spelling



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Did the Christians..



What makes you think it are the christians?



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Re Etherical

You wrote:

["There could be those who don't need to learn anymore"]

And then, there could be those, who need to start learning.

"People are funnier than anybody" (Citation from Spike Jones, a musician inspiring me always)



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I didn't ask for this, I really didn't ask for this. Grm grm

:p

Ah yhu howkey?



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Re Etherical

You wrote:

["Grm grm

:p

Ah yhu howkey? "]

OK, I give in. I'm totally convinced now.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil
 


I'm in a funnyspree right now, I hope you got it.
edit on 2011/2/4 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re Student X

You wrote:

["The same way black is a color."]

It's not obvious to me, where you want to go with this categorization, but just for the record: Black is technically an absence of colour. Maybe that's what you meant?


Actually, it depends on your perspective. Colour, as light, uses the "additive theory", in which case, you're correct, black is the absence of colour. But colour, as a pigment, uses the "subtractive theory", in which case, black is the amalgam of all colours.

Rather ironic, I guess. Black being a non-colour is a science kind of thing (light analysis), while black being all colours is an art kind of thing (paint being a good example.) Wonder if there's any applicability there?



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen
 


you see this is a minor peeve of mine. What is black in popular parlance? I adore science and understand it at post graduate level but isit necessary to invoke science in a mundane conversation?

Just a little point.

As for Bogmil. I cannot quite figure you out but will do a little more digging.

Rgds to all

T



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Re ad

You're right, and I maybe didn't make myself sufficiently clear. But I had the best intentions in that direction by using the word 'technically' instead of 'perceptually'.

But there you go. Language is as trustworthy as a lady of negotiable affection.

Quote: ["Wonder if there's any applicability there?"]

That's what I asked also.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Re Tiger5

You wrote:

["As for Bogmil. I cannot quite figure you out but will do a little more digging."]

When you arrive at any conclusions, let me know. Maybe it'll help ME to figure me out.

Or maybe it's just all my years as village original still spooking (I'm retired now). Old habits die hard. Sorry, got off-topic, but I couldn't resist the narcissistic temptation.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Bwahaha

This is a Christian bashing thread in disguise as plea to stop bashing Atheism.


Well played


Reminds me of the people you hear crying about racism, yelling and screaming about whitey and the cracker-man bringing them down.

i.e. Pot meet kettle.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X
 


Ok, I was wrong about them not having supernatural belief. It doesn't change that they're atheists. And they also seem to have no concept of the afterlife.

Of course, we could have no cultures with atheists and it wouldn't change anything.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul
 


You can't have a culture with supernatural beliefs and shamanism without having shamans interacting with archetypes of the collective unconscious in symbolic, internally generated mythological forms.

Thats what a god is.

So they aren't really atheists either.

Gods are internally structured poetic images...which can be interacted with. They can be conjured by shamanic, mystical means and conversations can be held with them. They communicate intuitive, imaginative visions and clairvoyance with the shaman who acts as a middle-man on behalf of the culture.

A rose by any other name...


edit on 4-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked
 


I don't need to prove it because it's already probable. Have you counted all those galaxies yet like I told you? I guess not. There's probably more than just billions, as astronomers have said. There could be this many; 1,000,000,000,000,000,000, yet you think other civilizations are improbable. What a bunch of bull# that is. It's not based on "belief", it's based on logical reasoning and empirical observation. Now, if this solar system was all that existed, then other civilizations would be improbable. There's the flaw in your argument because this planetary system is obviously one among quadrillion quadrillions of them, maybe even more than that.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Re Lemon.Fresh

You wrote:

["This is a Christian bashing thread in disguise as plea to stop bashing Atheism."]

You almost got it right. This is actually a thread about theists bashing atheists who are bashing theists. Your turn; ... I have lots of patience.



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wardwolf
reply to post by lowki
 


Ummmm, what?
Hey man, I wrote it the way it felt right to me.
I'm not verbose writer. I keep it simple so that everyone understands what I'm saying.

Hey that's excellent, much improved. :-)
but what kind of writer are you?

an intelligent, happy, well intended fellow.


Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by lowki
 


Dude

I have been wondering about some of your posts for some time.

There is a lot to wonder about,
as it can affect and influence your life,
providing benefit and a path to paradise now.


You seem a bit preachy

My great-grand-father was a priest.
a martyr of socialist oppression,
On my dads side of the family,
and my mom likes ordering people around,
though more than anything she loves cleaning.



and a bit off.

yes, I am different from you.
We are all unique.
That's okay.



Substances?

learn to love and accept all possibilities.
God is infinite.
edit on 4/2/11 by lowki because: martyr of socialist opression

edit on 4/2/11 by lowki because: cleaning



posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Re Student X

You wrote:

["You can't have a culture with supernatural beliefs and shamanism without having shamans interacting with archetypes of the collective unconscious in symbolic, internally generated mythological forms."]

Now we just have to establish the factual existence of 'the collective unconscious' (symbolically etc or not is optional), and everything will be honky-dory.



new topics

top topics



 
34
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

log in

join