It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the threads attacking atheism/atheists lately?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Satan - 10 ? Really? Well, it looks like an intelligent conversation just flew out the window. I guess there's no point in continuing this one anymore.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Agnostics can be malevolent too. I don't always turn the other cheek and forgive people. If a xtian believes I will burn in a hell for not accepting their beliefs, I will give the same treatment in return. Thank you for making my point.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Satan - 10 ? Really? Well, it looks like an intelligent conversation just flew out the window. I guess there's no point in continuing this one anymore.

I believe she's talking about documented facts from the bible. Not taking in what we call history. That number(kills by believers) would be much greater then.
edit on 1-2-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

What? Find that hard to believe? It's in your book.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
I will give the same treatment in return.

Seeing as we are at gridlock in this forum, Christ's words DO make sense. "Turn the other cheek." Might solve something here.

Thank you for making my point.

Back atcha.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Wow, I mean Wow. It really physically hurts you to type out C.H.R.I.S.T. doesn't it? Or is it just something juvenile that you do in an attempt to get under someone's skin? You appear to have alot of anger towards Christians for someone that supposedly doesn't belief in their God. Seems to me that if you truly disbelieved in God that Christian rantings would phase you none. Sounds to me more like misplaced anger. What, your life hasn't turned out right, someone close died, abuse, neglect, and you blame God?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I just told you that I don't believe in the existence of Satan. What, am I not allowed to like dark and Gothic things of a Satanic nature? Doesn't mean I believe he exists. I admire him as a character of fiction, not literally. I do find it fascinating that this so-called "evil" character kills only a small handful of people compared to the biblical god's kill count.

God - 2,270,365+ killed (not counting the others that weren't mentioned)

Satan - 10 (part of a bet that god allowed to take place)

Not to be too technical my friend, but God kills everyone. Every person on earth will die, eventually. God is the giver and taker of life.

Consider it an act of mercy until we get our act together and start loving each other.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Seeing as we are at gridlock in this forum, Christ's words DO make sense. "Turn the other cheek." Might solve something here.

And you base this on what? All I see is an opinion, so I will introduce mine in response: His words do NOT make sense. Doesn't always solve problems when you allow people to attack you and get away with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Please, don't assert your god without evidence. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true god who shows mercy to those by not killing them when they display hatred towards pasta. You're not my brother and I won't consider you as such. You're a stranger to me and that's it.

link   

And you base this on what?

I base that on observation. Christians and Atheists. Both beliefs. Both stubborn. I haven't seen anything like a solution other than Christs words there. "Turn the other cheek." Sadly the Christians don't heed Christ words at times. Sounds like good advice to me.

Edit to add:

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

www.brainyquote.com...

Gandhi.
edit on 1-2-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

link   

And who exactly on here has attacked you? I looked back and I don't see any attacks on anyone on this thread. Disagreeing is not attacking.

link   

And you base this on what? All I see is an opinion, so I will introduce mine in response: His words do NOT make sense. Doesn't always solve problems when you allow people to attack you and get away with it.

The reason why it makes sense my friend, is because the eye for an eye doctrine keeps the world locked in a violent cycle that never ends. Turning the other cheek is a doctrine which ends violence. It makes sense if you have faith in a rebirth, which is part of Christ's teachings. If we ever want to see a peaceful existence on this planet, then adopting a peaceful loving philosophy is the proper attitude to live by. It is not this world that we live for, but always the future world.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Why so angry? Why is it so offensive for a "Christian" to call you brother? Why do you refuse to answer my inquiries into why you are pained so badly to use Christ's name?
Please don't take offense to anything I've posted here, not my intention, you just have me very puzzled.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Lol, no. What have you been smoking? Your claims are ridiculous.

It really physically hurts you to type out C.H.R.I.S.T. doesn't it?

No, I just don't like christian things. Wait... I feel some pain in my head. Damn, you were right! It gave me a headache! No, I'm just kidding.

...supposedly doesn't belief in their God.

Supposedly? I most definitely don't believe it, unless I'm deceiving myself. Maybe my subconsciousness secretly believes in a god? No, just being sarcastic.

Seems to me that if you truly disbelieved in God that Christian rantings would phase you none.

Doesn't phase me at all. Wait... I feel another one of those headaches coming. Should I pray about it or take an aspirin? Aspirin seems to work quite well.

What, your life hasn't turned out right, someone close died, abuse, neglect, and you blame God?

None of those happened and are irrelevant. Why would I blame something that I don't believe exists? That makes no sense.

edit on 2/1/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Violence has always existed, it still exists and it will always exist. You're hoping for something that is impossible and improbable. There will always be people who hate others for whatever reasons they have. There will always be different intelligent species in the universe that hate each other for whatever reasons they have. You cannot escape it. Your fantasy is not reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Violence has always existed, it still exists and it will always exist. You're hoping for something that is impossible and improbable. There will always be people who hate others for whatever reasons they have. There will always be different intelligent species in the universe that hate each other for whatever reasons they have. You cannot escape it. Your fantasy is not reality.

My friend, these same doubts were issued to Jesus Christ, Ghandi, and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Ghandi's movement was a small success in India, Dr. Kings movement was a small success in America, Christ's will be the greatest success involving the whole world.

All these things were made possible by an unwavering belief in the power of love and peace.

You have little faith which only tells me that you have had more than your share of suffering in this world. I do not judge you my friend. I have enough faith for the both of us.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The bashing comes from both sides. And it's ridiculous. Neither side can prove their point. That's why it's a belief. Why not spend your energy on important issues like the economy or teen pregnancy instead of attempting to prove your own beliefs?

Anybody who believes in an intervening god could "prove their point".
They just don't, probably because a personal God doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What it's not Jesus on a fluffy cloud enough for you? What I posted is the truth. Here I will say it so the religious can understand. A group of rebel angels tempted the first humans that were in a perfect state and walked with God. They tempted the humans and then they fell they took on the sin nature. Adam became a Hu-man. We are all trapped in this 3d world. Thus why Jesus came to set the captive free. This is the bible version just in terms that modern folks can understand it. I worship Jesus Christ the manifested creator of the universe! I don't know why couldn't understand what I wrote unless your just hung up on using a bunch of religoius sounding jargon? Please tell me that isn't the case or you just make all the people complaining about believers RIGHT!

Do you need me to qoute a scripture or something? I love you man but we need to understand the modern day church is a joke! Complete ignorance.

Lets take this to PM if you don't mind so as not to derail the thread and for the record forgive me if I was short with you...
Carry on..
edit on 2/1/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You're hoping for something that is impossible and improbable.

Not impossible imo. Improbable, yes. What it takes though is a certain amount of tolerance to achieve something better for everyone.

There will always be people who hate others for whatever reasons they have.

Yes there will. Do YOU want to part of that? Reread the quoted part. If you can say "yes" to that, YOU are part of the problem.

Your fantasy is not reality.

Reality sucks. I'd like a little fantasy and by being tolerant to others I'm going to achieve it. Not in the world(well, if I'm lucky) but in my life and that's good enough for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Your observation may not be the same observation by another person. When morality is concerned, opinions are far from being facts. Example: I decide to kill someone for imposing their belief on me. Is that immoral? Some would argue that it is immoral, others would argue that it was not immoral and the rest may be neutral. Perception goes both ways in most cases and neither side can be proven. I would introduce to you my argument for the nonexistence of universally established laws/rules for morality, but it's quite lengthy. I'll save it for another time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join