It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the threads attacking atheism/atheists lately?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imjustlikeyou

I think you need a hug ! (enemies can be friends)

You think? Last time I checked, the definitions of 'friend' and 'enemy' are completely opposite.

Has life got you that down ?
( all of those horrible other humans have different beliefs to you ?)

Not at all. I'm just returning the favor of judgement to a guy who deserves it. "Do unto others as they do unto you." That's what I do.

One thing I KNOW FOR SURE. - The older YOU get the WISER you will be.

Really? Does that apply to old men who still believe things that aren't true while their grandchildren know better? Damn, those guys must be really wise!

I use to think I knew it all (like you) but as I get older I realize that we really don't know all that much at all.

Life is a growing mystery that man/women cannot grasp the meaning to.

See, there's your problem. You imply that I think I know everything, but I don't. I never claimed to know everything and I cannot possibly know everything. The same thing applies to you and Student X. Time to grow up and get wiser (unless you convince yourself of something demonstrably false, which I have seen you demonstrate with your response).

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

ATS has an outspoken theist community. Deal with it.

Awesome, that statement, answers the question, next thread please.

Actually there are more atheistic type threads going on in the old BTS religious forum than ever before.
Since that is essentially a violation of the sub-forums rules, yeah theists will be frustrated, sorry to say it's the one time perhaps the MODs should have been a little more aggressive in shutting those essentially off-topic threads down or moving them to a more appropriate sub-forum. Or allow only one in the whole sub-forum.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

you know, for someone that registered on 1/1/11,
and has a satanic baphomet as their avatar.
it's strange you claim not to be spiritual.

Satanists are some of the most spiritual people on earth.
Often allowing for spirits or "demons" to posses them.
Many famous musicians, actors, and other celebrities.

Personally, I'm completely fine with any spiritual practice.
Though I do admit that karma is wise to be aware of,
what you do to we, we do to you.
edit on 3/2/11 by lowki because: karma

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lowki

I can have an interest in Satanism and not be a Satanist. My avatar does not display Baphomet anywhere, but it is indeed a pentagram. I admire Satan as a character (fictional) of knowledge and refusal to bow down to something that claims to have "authority".

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Why can't we all just get along and agree to disagree and why would atheists even care what's posted in the religious section if they're atheist, and presumably don't care about something they do not believe in? Theists, probably including myself, have indeed gotten carried away as well, as there's no need to attack someone who has no interest in things you like to explore and delve into, provided they're not in your face and everyone else's calling you a moron and an idiot and worse, and actively HATING. Who would have in interest in that? and any theist, myself included, ought to see immediately that there's a problem with getting personal over an idiology or a materialist realist philosophy, especially one that died in the water some time ago. Better to just walk away and carry on and keep working to demontrate what the love of God means, and what it's import and export is, which cannot be hatred by it's very central tenets of the power of love and forgiveness, and yes making friends with old enemies, since that's most helpful to the cause of love in the world, and since nothing else matters like I said before; there is nothing else going on, and no other game in town, of any meaning or significance whatever at the end of the day and in the final analysis. Thus getting into a pissing match with atheists ought to be the very furthest thing from our mind, and our actions.

That said, a response, a Civilized reponse is ok, there's nothing wrong with healthy debate either, but to make it personal and get a hate on, either way, is absurd, and quite literally babaric, and sub-human, and not worthy of either thiest or atheist alike, simply as human beings, and people with varying person experiences and points of view. Unity in variety as they say. I can easily tolerate an atheist, and they're not neccessarily bad people either!

All that said, if the destiny of the human being is heaven, if that's true, that we are going somewhere of much significance and importance, and for the sake of human liberation and loving mutuality, if our next phase in our shared evolution as a species is of a spiritual or psychological nature (there being little distinction) and will involve universal principals, including Love as a causative force (catalyst) capable of redeeming history from the tight fisted grasp of greedy and selfish and ignorant people, then I'm for that and will be forever pulling in that direction, and this realization or recognition is formed largely from an amalgam of the spiritual traditions and wisdom of the ages which imho, ought to be preserved (not discarded) if only as a point of reference, as a touchstone - so that we can never forget just who and what we really are, even again.

edit on 3-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I agree with Condemned

While I believe Satan to be a fictional character...his only crimes appear to be telling the truth to man after God lied, in an effort to bring knowledge to the people...and in the future when God is wholesale slaughtering the people who didn't believe in him with plagues and wars and catastrophes, Satan amasses an army in a brave attempt to stop the genocide of an all powerful bloodthirsty deity.

Yeah, if the book was true, I'd side with Satan over God any day.
edit on 3-2-2011 by LazerTron because: clarification

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

My avatar does not display Baphomet anywhere, but it is indeed a pentagram.

Zoom in on it. You will see the face of Baphomet in the center.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by lowki

I can have an interest in Satanism and not be a Satanist.

curious.

My avatar does not display Baphomet anywhere, but it is indeed a pentagram.

lol, but your avatar is clearly based on Anton LaVey's Baphomet,
who founded the Church of Satan, in America.
sure your avatar has a few violet squiggly lines,
but the underlying image is the same.
with the goat-head and all that.

Look up Baphomet on Google,
it's one of the first that comes up.

BTW, it's an inverted pentacle(star-in-circle) you have,
a pentagram is merely a 5 pointed star.

Here is a Wiccan Pentacle to contrast with:

I admire Satan as a character (fictional) of knowledge
and refusal to bow down to something that claims to have "authority".

Hey, that's great!
Wiccans such as myself,
are our own authorities,
authorized by our magic spells.

Note that authority really stems from a slip of paper.

authority
early 13c., autorite "book or quotation that settles an argument," from O.Fr. auctorité (12c.; Mod.Fr. autorité)

www.etymonline.com...

Note that magic-spells function as a result of quantum-entanglement, and observer bias.
So you bind with your mind to the event, then heighten the binding by moving around (ritual).
Eventually due to your biased belief it will appear, it does.

Quantum-Magic,
Quantum-Physics Approved. :-)
edit on 3/2/11 by lowki because: wiccan pentacle

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Getting along requires participation from both sides. Since the theists in this forum persist with their unproven assertions and presuppositionalist attitudes, I have no reason to be a nice guy. I do unto others as they do unto me, sometimes ten times worse than what they did. I have seen no participation from certain theists, so I don't need to. You're hoping for something that is very unlikely to happen at this point. Oh well. Everyone will find out soon enough whether they were right or full of *#%! once they die. It's funny how nearly every religion wants me to convert just in case. I guess I should convert to all of them just in case! OR, maybe they're all wrong (they can't all be right).

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I know a bunch of cool wiccans and OTO members...good stuff. However, I wish that just once a spell that they cast would actually work. It seems like their spells have the same odds as prayers to a god: "Yes, now", "Yes, later" or "No"...and the answer is never yes if it breaks the rules of science. That's the problem with spells and prayers...they have the exact same results as asking a pet rock for help.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

Any satan, in any power or principality wherein said satan might exist, isn't just an enemy of God, but of man, and the unending bloodletting, of the wholly unneccessary variety is all from satan or the satanic willful selfish pride of man which rebels against the will of God and heaven, not God. And if there's a spiritual controversy of universal proportions over God's authority as one who rules with love and virtue (as power retrained) there again satan is waging a losing battle, and is already a house divided against himself since the there is no foundation in evil and because hell as no bottom, and since it's out of alignment with the principals that govern the very universe, and so it's already been wiped out everywhere but here, the last bastion of hope for evil's survival.. bubye evil, don't need ya any more, devil - see toilet cause you're going down the drain, not devil as a creature, but as a principal of rebellion in opposition to the righteousness, the holiness, the justice, mercy and the love of God which reigns supreme, and who is fully informed and ever aware, from every angle and perspective imaginable. any satan, if a creature, is already outframed by God as Spirit and Truth, Light and Love.

This is one of the reasons why I like to declare the KOH open for business as a doorman of sorts.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerTron
I know a bunch of cool wiccans and OTO members...good stuff. However, I wish that just once a spell that they cast would actually work. It seems like their spells have the same odds as prayers to a god: "Yes, now", "Yes, later" or "No"...and the answer is never yes if it breaks the rules of science. That's the problem with spells and prayers...they have the exact same results as asking a pet rock for help.

I was JUST talking to my neighbor about the Pet Rock, believe it or not, how back in the late 70's or early 80's some guy made a million selling pet rocks, the whole conversation, not 15 minutes ago was pet rock this, pet rock that - so I guess you can't say that the pet rock isn't capable of casting spells then eh?

I # you not.

pet rocks, of all things!

That's ah rather synchronistic, to say the least, I must be a sorcerer or something. !

edit on 3-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I have noticed a few cycles on this website, between attacking believers and attacking atheists. Personally, I believe in open-minded spiritualism. I find hard core, closed minded believers the most annoying and then closed-minded atheists in second place.

I think that the truth is somewhere in between. In caring for each other, altruism, building friendships and relationships, being productive instead of destructive... in being open-minded and having an attitude of positive problem solving, I don't sense a lot of that in the near future, btw.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lowki

Read this: en.wikipedia.org...

It clearly states that a simple five-pointed star is not a pentagram. A pentagram always has strokes through the center (as seen in the pictures) and can be inverted with a circle added, thus making it a pentacle. A pentacle is a pentagram with a circle around it.

As for Baphomet, I was talking about the full image of that deity, not just the head. My pentagram image distorts the Baphomet's head and makes it sort of look like an exposed skull. It seems to me that there was more emphasis on other areas of the image besides Baphomet's head.
edit on 2/3/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Any proof of that?

Didn't think so.

Besides, in the Old Testament Satan is very clearly a friend of God's...there was no war in heaven, no Satan being tossed down to Hell...no, Satan hung around with God and they chatted and made fun bets with each other that involved murdering innocent children just for kicks.

It wasn't until the New Testament where they decided to ignore everything in the Old Testament and tell people that Satan is evil.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Isn't Satan expected to rear his head here very shortly for a complete metaphorical dominion of our entire planet? That could be very hard to live through, even though it is going to be short.
edit on 3-2-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerTron

That's odd you should say that,
I haven't encountered anyone who hasn't had magic spells work.

Though disbelief effectively negates a spell,
so I include that as a functional and working.

My whole life at this moment came to be so because of magic,
my income, my residence, my girlfriend, much of my stuff,
all attained by magic spell casting.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I do unto others as they do unto me, sometimes ten times worse than what they did.

If you do ten times worse, then its hardly 'as they did unto you', is it?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I have noticed a few cycles on this website, between attacking believers and attacking atheists. Personally, I believe in open-minded spiritualism. I find hard core, closed minded believers the most annoying and then closed-minded atheists in second place.

I think that the truth is somewhere in between. In caring for each other, altruism, building friendships and relationships, being productive instead of destructive... in being open-minded and having an attitude of positive problem solving, I don't sense a lot of that in the near future, btw.

We have to, there's no longer any real choice in the matter, everything hinges on this vital choices, and whether to love or to hate, or even, to forgive, because that's powerful. I'll go first, but only if you put the atheists second.

edit on 3-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: full quote added for better context.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Nah, at best he's still bobbing up and down in the abyss all covered in chains!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join