It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the threads attacking atheism/atheists lately?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Are you implying that I'm childish and you're not? Opinions, opinions... I wonder when gnostic theists (ones that claim to "know") will ever realize that opinions are not facts.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
I am guessing for the same reason there are many threads attacking Christians, Muslims, etc.. Imho, religion (or lack there of) is a/the main cause of conflict and war.. As you see.

Deebo

Agree with you 100%

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
How can you find evidence of deities if you don't know what a deity is? A deity can be biological or simply a state of energy transfer.

I've never heard anyone ever claim that deities could be biological or "states of energy transfer".

This means that, by your definitions, an amoeba, a battery or your car's transmission could be deities.

Can you give a specific example of a deity using your definition?

I am pretty sure the examples you listed are not deities. As for examples of deities; god, satan, aliens, human-alien hybrids should qualify.

You pretty much made my point clear without realising it yet. If we can't agree on what deities are then we cannot find the appropriate evidence! Those that ask for evidence of super-natural existance and then dismiss it are delluding themselves because they don't know what they are talking about in the first place.

A biological entity can range from an amoeba to a human to a reptillian sub-terrian dweller because likely they all have souls. Non-biological entities do not have souls. Now your going to ask me what a soul is....find out yourself!

As for energy trasfers it can range from a battery(quite unelloquent example) to an apparition. I do not have enough knowledge to describe everything to you because I am fully aware of only 4 dimensions and the other dimensions if they exist would be speculation.

Edit to add: A battery is potential energy while the actual energy transfer to start the car would be kinetic energy.
I think appartions and deities are examples of exotic kinetic energy, not potential!
edit on 2-2-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: add information!

link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

Are you implying that I'm childish and you're not? Opinions, opinions... I wonder when gnostic theists (ones that claim to "know") will ever realize that opinions are not facts.

Actually Ya'hshuah called us to child-like, I would consider myself such, because I try to make life fun and wonderful. I also find joy in my friends and don't much care if they don't exist based on your limited understanding of reality, in that case I will reject your "reality" for my own and become a whimsical solipsist. What I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of you calling us children whilst adhering to the egocentric philosophy of angsty histrionic bald men.

Confining yourself to adult standards is rather stuffy and lame, is it not? Should we all sit around harumphing at the children out playing and enjoying themselves?
edit on 2-2-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

link   

Is there a more cogent conspiracy to suppress non-believers?

Isn't it pretty much part of the faith to try and convert others?

So aren't all religious threads pretty much an "attack" on atheism? Likewise though, isn't atheism an attack on faith?

No victims here....both sides argue against each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

How can you find evidence of deities if you don't know what a deity is? A deity can be biological or simply a state of energy transfer.

I've never heard anyone ever claim that deities could be biological or "states of energy transfer".

This means that, by your definitions, an amoeba, a battery or your car's transmission could be deities.

Can you give a specific example of a deity using your definition?

If I may...

Everything in the physical world is opposing to the Creator

If what we are saying about a creator or God is true then it should be mathematically provable because math is a form of expression of the universe albeit not the highest form of expression which many of us believe.

Let's look at this equation.

E=MC²

E=ENERGY or God or primordial energy just before the big bang.

Just for the sake of argument let's call it 1000volts.

Now the "M" in this part of the MC² equation is Mass.

In this case it is all the mass in the physical universe.

Now the what happens next in the beginning is in fact the math behind an Atom bomb.

This is how it works you throw some energy away by technique of squashing the atoms. When you do this this is how you get a "big bang". And again this is how the atomic bomb works.

So then you throw some "E" or energy away and by means of squashing atoms and you get a boom. Since the "E" moves across the equation from the left to right across the "=" sign then the "M" becomes "-"(negative). Keep that in mind please. And again this is the same principle being an atom bomb if you don't believe this is real ask Hiroshima, Japan about it.

Our original 1000-volts(light) is now 950 volts and not only that but we have a huge explosion. The big bang!

It is a fact that "THE" bang and you will get is 300 million times bigger than what you started with. Sound science. Everyone with me so far?

And I'll just repeat this if I may ..Something to take note of is that because of how this math works the original 1000volts moving across the equation means that "M" on the right side of the equation becomes 300 million times bigger than what you started with and it also becomes "-M"! So then everything in the universe is the polarized the opposite from God or another words..(+=holy) ,(- unholy)! God IS HOLY!

God is +1000 volts he gives off some energy and the big bang takes place now everything in the entire physical universe is formed! Now I'm going to skip that part for now about how and why entropy sets in but it has to do with rebellion and balance and yin and yang. But more on that later let's just continue proving that God exist and that not only that his laws are obviously all around us and from him. Ok so everything is created by this big bang most of us agree on that much right? So now we have Planets, moons etc except we have one problem!?

All this creation has a negative charge now, it's the exact opposite in charge. It's all in the state of decay. Entropy. Thus enters death and mayhem into the known universe!

Now everything in the entire universe works on this principle this is sound science Including YOU! Let's say your a negatively polarized 5 volts or a "-5 volts" as we grow in our mothers womb we gather more voltage. Some people call it vibration or charge. And it is measurable, via our neurons in the brain etc. Now as we gather more charge there is only one place or entity to get charge from and that entity is God.even if you don't believe in him it's the only way for the math to work. And as they say "the math doesn't lie. So we take a positive charge of say +2 volts from the Creator. Now we have the yin and yang in us we have the negative charge from the universe and the positive charge from God. We are now a living soul. A Mortal.

If we love our charge increases, we literally become more and more like the energy that created the Universe. If we hate each other our voltage decreases and we won't be able to continue on to the 4th and 5th dimension(if you can't love each other you can forget existing in even high dimensions)

I could go on but this is just a taste of what forces are really at play. We see that EVERYTHING must give to receive. Right down to electrons. Your body takes in food and .. well hehe you get the point. Or the male gives a piece of himself to the woman to create a child. Everything must give off "something" to recieve in this universe!

Now what parallels this? The story of Jesus Christ. For God so love the world that he gave a part of himself to gain back this cruel and hateful world. Sometimes after reading this thread and watching you tear each other apart I wonder WHY or HOW he could bring himself to do it. It literally is making me tear up. You all think your so smart and so deep. As little children we all are. I'm no different. I'm still learning. Please don't listen to people that are religious. Think about what is presented here with an open mind. You think it's chance that the ONLY story of our creator is one painted in love? After even seeing this post? Grow up and humble yourselves. All of you.

And this is just a small taste. I have studied occult(not practiced, studied ..) I'm extremly well versed in hyperdimensional physics for not having a proper scientific education. I have delved into the deepest of the deep because I wanted answers. Everywhere I looked it keps pointing to our creator. His signature is on it all. It's right in front of your face, but it still aludes you.. why? Is it your charge? Could it be the state of your own being?

I'm not going to put any more energy in this right now.I am a terrible writer for one, and I hate to be hehe negative but I'm sure the hard core that are simply addicted to argue will blow this post off to just like the did my other one. I'm sorry folks but I don't see anyone here denying ignorance. Your' all eating it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Carry on...

Firegoggles

I wanted to add this is a mesh of several ideas and none of them are all mine or all someone elses. I don't try and take credit but what I have learned I have absorbed into my being. And bottem line is again we See how it all started how it all works for the most part and that the story of God the creator giving a part of himself to give us a + charge is in fact a very sound theory. Thank you!

edit on 2/2/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Can you prove that their is no evidence for either religion? Or maybe there is but its not satisfactory for you??

Yes, I can. Read genesis and then explain to me how plants can exist before the sun. After that, please explain how Noah traveled to every continent on the planet and gathered two or more of every single animal (all 2 million known species of land animals?) and crammed them into a flimsy gopherwood boat that doesn't even compare to modern ships. Good luck explaining how he captured all the insects. He must have been one hell of an explorer!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Also for all the atheists, next time you try to disprove God (I'm not taking sides here) don't only go after the Christian God because that seems to be the only one that atheists fight against. There are a lot of other perspectives around the world what God is. I believe in God but I don't try to personify what that entity could be. It's illogical for us to think that we can do so.

edit on 2-2-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Not living with ATS as the center of my life, I arrived late at a popular thread. I here only relate to the two first pages I've read sofar.

First response to Madness:

I have noticed 'fads' coming and going amongst evangelists. Maybe just a statistical fluctuation, maybe catching onto catching openings, maybe directed by a grey cabinett of ideologuers.

Christian voice:
Quote: ["No Christian claims Jesus to be a Magician. Jesus performed Holy miracles not practice in spell casting or encantations. I won't compare Jesus' miracles to satan's attempted ones."]

Arranged circle-argumentation: God and/or Jesus=miracles. Satan=majic. One-choice optional situation.

Quote: ["Thing is that you can't prove that there is no God."]

So why don't you try to arrive at a common communication platform, where it would be meaningful to consider the 'burden-of-proof'. I've yet to see an evangelsit christian do that, while many logicians, epistemologians and even scientists do that.

Quote: ["If you don't like what God is or who he is according to his word then find another God to believe in, but don't pervert the scriptures to "create" your own version."]

Correct. But the criticism is mainly directed at the evangelical christians, who use their doctrinal interpretations as a hammer, to drive home their messages.

Quote: ["What I can't understand is alot of folks on here find it so hard to believe in God or even a God, some even seem to find the idea offensive, but for some reason can believe in shape shifters, reptilians, aliens speaking to us through dreams, and so many other conspiracies."]

Maybe because these anomalous entities you mention eventually can be incorporated in rational explanations of cosmos, we can relate to, while christians refer to majical concepts.

IAM

Quote: ["It is MADNESS! All the while his many followers whether they be Christian or Mohamedan, Budhist, or Jew, Pagan or Celt, have rejoiced in the blood, death, destruction, hatred, and discord proudly proclaiming THEIR God is the God of Love and Peace. Madness indeed!"]

As usual I'm with you a long part of the road; but just for the record, some of the religious/semi-religious groups you mention don't have any theistic concepts even lisghtly similar to the 'god' of the bible. Problem: 'Category' generalizations.

LargeFries

Quote: ["thats a shame because people who come here to learn just get turned off and go away."]

A nation deserves the leaders it has. There are constant offers of deeper and broader approaches on ATS, usually ignored.

Blue_Jay33

Quote: ["I never even bothered with these topics. Then I personally got tired of serious topics being derailed by atheist trolls coming into threads talking about a magic pink unicorn farting the universe into existence in a absurd hyperbole, comparing it to God creating the universe, that's when I decided this rhetoric needed to be countered. I imagine other posters that are people of faith feel the same way."]

I personally find the evengelist christians so full of rhetorics, that I sometimes despair (examples on request).

Quote: ["I know it's a double standard, but you don't have any direct orders from a higher being to advocate your belief structure. If you do it, you do it, because you just want to."]

Fair enough, and those who want to oppose this 'advocation' have similar motives and similar 'rights'.

Quote: ["Actually there are times when atheists do better than Christians because their God given conscious is actually working, even though they would vehemently deny it."]

You mean the atheists' "god-given consciousness"? What arrogance to put people in boxes, they deny. Then you are also a 'buddhist', and you have no 'soul' (or whatever). You're just too dumb to know it.

Firegoggles

Quote: ["It's a DNA war and it's always been a DNA war! It's a bunch of religion that has messed up the story. But the story is the same where ever you look. That God became a man because EVERYTHING in the universe must give something to receive right down to particles giving off electrons and trading charges etc.."]

Personally I find this the most attractive working-hypothesis. But I would defy any new-age enthusiast using it as a full-fledged theory and then jumping to conclusions.

Quote: ["All the true high and hidden sciences revolves around loving energy and the realization that we are all like a little God experience himself through each of us.. And one day those who embrace this love will live on..."]

Shall we engage on a small contest of 'pulling esoteric ranks'? Don't preach assumptional doctrines.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I also find joy in my friends and don't much care if they don't exist based on your limited understanding of reality, in that case I will reject your "reality" for my own and become a whimsical solipsist.

My understanding of reality is not limited. Are you implying that yours isn't and mine is? By the way, I never called you childish. I merely stated that religion has no evidence and there are too many absurdities for me to believe any of it. Having a closed mind and basing your understanding of reality on one conceptual book IS a limited understanding of reality. I do no such thing.

Solipsism - the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist.

Are you sure you want to go that route?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

There is rumor of "Black Op" missions to the ark. It is said they recovered "high technology".

Noahs ark contained DNA material and animals to survive on during the deluge only. Don't be silly thiking all the animals in a world or part of the world could fit on a boat. Your kidding right?

Firegoggles

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Of course I was kidding. I was asking him to explain how the story was even possible and I used some absurdities as examples. The ark being a DNA bank sounds much more plausible. Extraterrestrial references can be found in the bible and many other books, so it's possible that it was using that type of technology. Doesn't mean that Yahweh/Jehovah is a "god". For all we know, he might have existed but only as an extraterrestrial being. I still say that gods are impossible by definition and cannot exist. Infinite regression is a perfect example for refuting god concepts.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I am not one of those people that takes the bible literaly so gathering one or more of every single animal just before the great flood could mean *all the known animals of that time and in that area* which may or may not be the same animals we have today.

Also I think evidence of that huge boat can be found in eastern turkey where it is under kurdish domain. Unfortunately the turkish government is not allowing any expeditions to take place under the guise of its a warzone.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I merely stated that religion has no evidence and there are too many absurdities for me to believe any of it.

Ethnographic comparison proves that there is a genuine collective unconscious in the Jungian sense. That should give atheists pause, but it doesn't.

Parapsychology is much stronger than debunkers would have us believe. That too should give atheists pause, because parapsychology is an attempt to study "miracles" in the lab...to bring them down-to-earth so to speak. But again it doesn't seem to give them pause.

The appearance of absurdities in religion are a sort of optical illusion. Under the microscope of comparative mysticism, comparative religion, comparative mythology, and parapsychology such absurdities evaporate into thin air. The problem is very few atheists seem to have the temperament to delve deeply enough into those fields to realize that, and so from their perspective they see no evidence.

In short there is plenty of evidence and absurdities are no big deal. Atheists don't realize this but I don't think they are entirely to blame for that. Religious fundamentalism deserves some of the blame too.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There was another boat found before that. They claimed it was the "ark" and had "evidence" to prove it. So, they found the ark again or was there another? Maybe Noah wasn't the only guy who owned a fancy gopherwood boat. Anyways, the babble states that he gathered all the animals of the world. If he only gathered local animals, then that means the biblical god had no idea that the world is more than just the middle east. Isn't he supposed to know everything? There are way too many flaws in the book. Either way you go, the story is invalid.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

I'm not interested in mysticism or what it has to offer. I'm interested in what is true and most importantly in what can be proved to be true. I'm not interested in unproven concepts nor what people think is true. If you had read my signature, I wouldn't have to tell you this.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

I merely stated that religion has no evidence and there are too many absurdities for me to believe any of it.

Ethnographic comparison proves that there is a genuine collective unconscious in the Jungian sense. That should give atheists pause, but it doesn't.

Parapsychology is much stronger than debunkers would have us believe. That too should give atheists pause, because parapsychology is an attempt to study "miracles" in the lab...to bring them down-to-earth so to speak. But again it doesn't seem to give them pause.

The appearance of absurdities in religion are a sort of optical illusion. Under the microscope of comparative mysticism, comparative religion, comparative mythology, and parapsychology such absurdities evaporate into thin air. The problem is very few atheists seem to have the temperament to delve deeply enough into those fields to realize that, and so from their perspective they see no evidence.

In short there is plenty of evidence and absurdities are no big deal. Atheists don't realize this but I don't think they are entirely to blame for that. Religious fundamentalism deserves some of the blame too.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

BRAVO SIR! Read'em and weep atheists!
My post on the big bang and this post alone should give the non believer pause. But just as you say it does not. It's like these type of personality's are completely void of anything other than the nose on their face! And they all think that modern day science is the bottom line. I got news most of it is soo chocked full of bias it;s a joke. Simple stuff like our Sun and planets moving in a spiral. The spiral is found in EVERYTHING. Do they teach stuff. nope. We wouldn't want man to reach out to far and go beyond the control of the elites. Any how...
Good stuff man....good stuff!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Student X

I'm not interested in mysticism or what it has to offer. I'm interested in what is true and most importantly in what can be proved to be true. I'm not interested in unproven concepts nor what people think is true. If you had read my signature, I wouldn't have to tell you this.

WHAAT? Your interested in what's true? OHH now you have opened a can of worms. I was going to spare you but you ask for it.

Your signature is a complete joke. I looked at few of your flaws and laughed. For example the very first one,
It's supposed to be a contradiction found.. it quotes a scripture that says
God is love then it goes on to quote another scripture that says Fear God. I got news for you thats a straw man argument. Here is why. The Fear God scripture that is listed translates into "respect" God, not the same meaning you think it is. And because you have not researched it for yourself and take others at face value you embrace lies and you just got through saying you want truth. HAHAHHA What ever. Total joke.

I can rip those links to shreds, I will spare you the embarrassment and besides I know you start spewing hate at me now right? Becuase we all know being hateful is so close to the truth? Yea right!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Neither side can prove their point. That's why it's a belief. Why not spend your energy on important issues like the economy or teen pregnancy instead of attempting to prove your own beliefs?

Atheism is not a belief it is a lack of.

If time and energy were not spent by the nonbelievers challenging religious beliefs then more than likely gays would still be being stoned to death and little girls burned as witches.

It is the duty of every person with a modicum of independent thought to challenge the ridiculous, unscientific and often times repugnant beliefs that others would impose upon them.

Indeed, is the genital mutilation of little boys and girls less important an issue than teenage pregnancy ?

Left unchallenged could we not see the resolution to teenage pregnancy being a girls clitoris being removed with a razor blade ?

If those that run the economy happen to believe that the forced labor of another human being is an acceptable part of maintaining that economy , do we let this go unchallenged ?

So long as my childrens' education is being hampered by those that would groom them to accept their cult I for one would certainly call that a conspiracy well worthy of serious debate and discussion here on ATS. If not what is ATS for ?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

I got news most of it is soo chocked full of bias it;s a joke. Simple stuff like our Sun and planets moving in a spiral. The spiral is found in EVERYTHING.

And that is where you are totally wrong. If most of science is wrong, then that must mean that reality and existence function magically. Your assertions are chocked full of bias and they are jokes. I find it funny how you claim that the elites are trying to "prevent" humanity from discovering particular pieces of information. SCIENCE is found in EVERYTHING. Every single occurrence in the universe can be explained scientifically, no matter what it is. Philosophical arguments and poetic-like stories do not completely explain how things work.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join