It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in Egypt , what does this mean for Israel ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The only one more worried then Hosny Mubarak right now is the Israel leadership . Israel has enjoyed many liberties as a result of there long lasting " friendship " with Egypt and no matter what happens in Egypt we can pretty much say with a certain level of confidence that the new Egyptian leadership will have a different stance towards Israel , how different , who knows ?

What's your thought on what is going through the minds of the Israel leadership right now ?

What do you think this will mean for Israel ?
edit on 1-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

many eyes are watching that development. i would like to believe that israeli leadership would very much like to be instrumental in the new leadership of egypt arising. enough that perhaps a better relationship between egypt and israel may be introduced. everyone seems to believe that the new regime will be completely anti israel. i like to believe that the prior relationship was just as beneficial to egypt as it was to israel. the concerns of the egyptian populace seem to be more centered around the longevity of the mubarak's reign. exceptional times call for exceptional creativity. could not a civil and peaceful relationship arise? one that is emulated by other arab nations and israel? could this not lead to peace in the middle east, and not just a stalemate?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They have to seriously consider making peace with their neighbors. Maybe giving back the land they took from the Palestinians would be a good start. They'll be surrounded by pit bulls, so I would think they need to throw them a bone.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I'd be surprised if Israel and the US didn't have a hand is the whole affair..
Therefore they know what the outcome will be...They're not worried...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It mean this:

Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast
edit on 2/1/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

For some reason I think this is one thing the U.S and Israel don't have a hand .

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by WeRpeons

How dare Israel take land in wars.

I mean, that is practically unheard of in the history of war

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
it is important to isreal because israel and egypt blockade palastine..
hence the panic

kx

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

How did you come to this conclusion? Mubarek's Egypt allowed Isreal to keep thier eyes to the east without having to worry about thier back door. Considering some polls taken on the subject have shown the majority of egyptians (66%) would welcome and or desire Sharia law or a Caliphate, I dont think Isreal would be interested in that outcome.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wonder just how much the 1.5 billion that the U.S gives Egypt yearly will play into any future Egypt / Israel relations ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Israel has to be watching the outcome very carefully. The Camp David Accord has kept peace between Israel and Egypt for many years and given Israel one border they do not have to be paranoid about. I would imagine they understand that this will spread from Tunisia to Egypt to Jordan, and more. I honestly think the fanatics have grabbed control over what started as a real protest and now the Muslim Brotherhood is guiding the protests to follow the directions they want. The end result might be a very anti western, anti Israel, sharia controlled country.
For the sake of peace in the middle east, or at least the bare bones of a peace, I hope not. But the fanatics sure know how to throw buzz words like democracy around, and then go in the direction they intended in the first place.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
from some of the interviews i've seen with protesters on the streets of egypt, it seems that the hate for the US and Israel continues with the people.
i saw one interview where they were showing the gas canisters the Egyptian authorities were shooting at them were made in the USA and were saying the US and Israel are part of the oppression in egypt by supplying them with arms against the people.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think Israel is worried a bit. Israel and the US are right in the thick of it.
Never let a crisis go to waste. Especially if it's one that you have intentionally
created.
CIA Touts Tsunami of Coups

top topics

join