It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pick a Path and Follow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

I try to have the major combinations of paths in my mind. I try to be flexible upto the last minute when things crystalise.

Here is a joke on planning

Q how do you make god laugh?
A. make plans!

Jewish humour

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
We are told there are two paths. We are told that we choose our own destiny. We are told that we should prepare for our future by everyone around us.

Prepare for transition.

Prepare for our saviors return.

Prepare yourself for a nice paying job.

Prepare yourself for disclosure.

Prepare yourself for a terrorist attack.

Prepare yourself for a natural disaster.

Prepare yourself for your future or you will be left behind, right? Two paths...Two choices...But there are no differences. No matter which path I choose my life will be me constantly preparing for something that isn't even certain of happening. So I'm 20 years old, standing in front of these two paths as people are rushing by me and are "preparing" for their life. There is no easier path to choose. They both will give you the same emotions and troubles..and you do the same exact thing. Prepare.

No matter how you think, no matter how different you are, no matter if you were/are like me...stuck looking at these two paths, that have no differences...you have to choose.
But I suppose it isn't much of a choice.

So....What happens if I decide to not prepare?......

P.S. I have no idea what topic to post this in. My bad, My bad.

very thoughtful. what is your motive or desire to choose a path?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

My desire to choose a path is so that my life will move forward. But the options that life gives me are actually not what I desire....if that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Preparing just makes things smoother on whatever path you chose, even if you change your path in the future, you still have something you learned from whatever you chose to change, and choosing "no path" well thats still a path, only a lot less defined in its way. People solidify there lives, they like the routine, they might bitch about the daily grind, but at the end the grind is still preferable to the less defined path. And trust you me, the uncertainty of the unknown and the future, and all that to always be on your mind and dragging you down is not a fun thing, as I think you know, but you do learn from it, and usually to late. But oh well such is life.

Do what you want, and as you will, and try to keep it fun. Find your thing, and if you can make money of off that, then alls the better to you, all people go through this usually around your age. I remember mine, and how much it sucked. And there are always more then two paths in anything, there as many paths as there are people on this planet, so no one can really say they know, what you should do, or can do. They can only give you opinions that they have, and like I said they do like the more defined and treaded paths, sometimes those work, sometimes not, but whatever.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I think young people who aren't sure what they want to do or "be" as in a living, ought to get out and have as many experiences as possible. For example I hear a story about a young man who went deep sea fishing and was struck by the desire to become a marine biologist that type of thing. It's ok not to know for sure precisely what you want and of course things change.

But again if you like making creative things like necklaces and ornamental bracelets and stuff, if being artistic creative is your passion, then see maybe about taking a course on building a small business. Who knows, as there's still a fortune to be made selling unique stuff on the internet, anything's possible, as long as you're happy and enjoy what you're doing.

If you don't see yourself sitting in an office cubicle, then don't do that. It's not rocket science unless of course that's what you want to do/be.

What is your innermost heart's desire - start there, although it's sometimes related to a dark place, in terms of what's on the other side of that.

I made a joke about the kid who didn't get the Tonka toy he really wanted for Christmas only to find himself much later as a man driving a giant earth mover in a mining pit!

edit on 5-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hey, thanks buddy! You're fantastic at giving pep talks. I feel less pressured now a days in case anyones wondering...I'm just going with the flow and seeing where my life takes me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join