It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Meet Congressman, Col. West - [PHOTOS & VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Before I begin I would like you to know that I received the link for the video via e-mail and have compiled personal research with facts (marked as external) directly from the site.

As a whole, it's fair to say that the average American is highly uneducated on religion unless it happens to be a division of Christianity. This man explains why we should pay closer attention to Islam and the Qur'an, as well as why Obama praising Islam and the Qur'an is not something to be shrugged off. Some of this is new to me as well, so enjoy!

**Sources at bottom of post**

President Obama this week once again called Islam "a great religion" which has been "distorted" by a small number of "extremists" to justify committing acts of violence against the West.

But the Qur'an (or Koran) itself, the holy book of Islam, contains over 100 verses calling for violence against Christians and Jews. To give just one example, Sura 9:5 says, "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them."

During a panel discussion sponsored by the Hudson Institute last January, retired Army Lt. Colonel Allen West, who did combat duty in Iraq, responded to a Marine who asked the question, how do you answer people who say that terrorists are following a "warped" version of Islam?

The panel consisted of a number of former military personnel, who fumbled around trying to answer the question. Col. West finally stepped forward answered the question directly and truthfully.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a13d31818ddc.jpg[/atsimg]

Col Allen West was forced to retire because during an intense combat action a few of his men were captured. At the same time his men had captured one of the guys who were with the Iraqis who captured his men. Knowing that time was crucial and his interrogators were not getting anywhere with the prisoner COL West took matters into his own hands. He burst into the room and demanded through an interpreter that the prisoner tell him where his men where being taken. The prisoner refused so COL West took out his pistol and placed it into the prisoner's genitals and fired. Then the COL told the prisoner that the next shot would not miss. So the prisoner said he would show where the American service members were being taken. The Americans were rescued. Some one filed a report on incorrect handling of prisoners. COL West was forced to retire. COL West was just elected in November 2010 to Congress from Florida. During the elections he was part of a panel on how to handle or how to relate to Muslims. You will see his answer here.

Notice again Col. West's straightforward assessment: "This is not a perversion. They are doing exactly what this book (i.e., the Qur'an) says."

Col. West, by the way, was elected last week to Congress, to represent Florida's 22nd congressional district. He will be the first African-American Republican congressman to represent Florida since 1870.

If you would like to add your signature to our "thank you" letter to Col. West for speaking frankly about the nature of the enemy we face, you can do so here. Don't forget to give a special "thank you" on this Veteran's Day to every member of the military you encounter.

If you'd like to see the full, unedited video of the exchange, which includes the Marine's question and shows the discomfort felt by every other member of this panel in responding to the question, click here.

I feel that this is a worthy contribution to the ATS community, this man doesn't only stand for what is right, but explains it in about the most simple terms possible. I hope this gets the attention it deserves.

SOURCE
SOURCE
SOURCE
SOURCE

Thoughts?
edit on 1-2-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: boken link

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't agree with his position on raising the debt ceiling but other than that he seems to be one of the good ones.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think someone is once again confusing this war with the dominant religion in the region.

There is a large effort by some to paint these wars as Holy Wars, or a modern crusade. Which I believe is the wrong approach to take.

No one wins a Holy War.

But there are people out there that believe that a holy war with the middle east is necessary for the end of the world to occur. They are taking their cues from the book of revelations, and trying to brainwash the public into thinking that slaughtering every last Muslim in the middle east is the correct approach.

As an example of this:

AFA STATEMENT OF FAITH

1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.

2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.

4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.

5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.

6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.

7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

www.afa.net...

Just wanted to make sure that the readers know what the AFA is all about and why they might have an anti Muslim agenda. It also explains Congressman West's statements in speaking to this special interest group.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Having my men in extreme danger, as prisoners of a group that does not hesitate to behead them in the slowest and most cruel way possible? A group that does not follow the Geneva conventions?

I would not hesitate either.

I would start at the ankles and knees and work my way up, explaining in explicit detail as I went exactly what was coming next, until the intel to save my men was given or I shot the man in the head.

There is no need to follow Geneva when you face an enemy who doesn't follow it. War is supposed to be awful. We are supposed to do everything to avoid it. Geneva merely "nicened" it up a little for the idiot politicians and dictators who start the wars, but not really for those who fight it.

Those men under the Lt. Colonel's command had no choice in being there. As did Lt. Col. West.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Killing idolaters is not the same thing as killing Christians. Any Christians that worship Jesus Christ and especially those that venerate icons and statues of him are violating their own religion, in any case, and should be killed because they have defied the commandment not to worship graven images.

Jus' Sayin'!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm hoping Col. West goes far in his political endeavors. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

As far as firing a pistol 'near' a combatant, I have no problem with that. If I knew the man was one of the group who had kidnapped some of my men, he would have lost both kneecaps first, and we would have went on from there until he coughed up where his buddies has taken them.

But that's just me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

WEST ROCKS!

Watch this video. A legal immigrant asks about illegal immigration and what West would do about it. West opens his Obama playbook (quotes from Obama) and states what Obama said. Then discusses exactly WHAT should be done. By the way, it has to do with LAW.

I have 4 people on my short list for the next Potus, WEST is number one on that list.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OK, you guys may want to study your bible a little harder. You seem to have missed all the extreme violence and war-like rhetoric it contains. Here's a nice little quote:

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And they burnt all their cities.... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:1-18

There's a fair bit of this kind of stuff in the "good" book. Not to mention god's astounding cruelty to man, woman, child and beast.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We need to divorce the freak show from Islam in our heads.

Some of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met are members of Islam. Islamics carried knowledge forward in the Christian Dark Ages when Christians were burning people as witches. Like every other religion on earth, it can be perverted to justify horrible deeds.

There are frakking nut cases in EVERY religion.

Given that, I still would have done exactly as Lt. Col West to save my men.
edit on 5-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Speeling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

WEST ROCKS!

WEST EITHER LIES OR IS INSANE

West claims higher security clearance than POTUS among other doozies

I am sure that is just splitting hairs though.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Can you get me another source? Seems that VIDEO is GONE.

If, in theory, Obama was not president and decided to apply for a security clearance, there's no guarantee he'd qualify for one. He'd have to go through a painstaking process, and investigators may raise any number of questions.

"The fact that (Obama) admitted to coc aine use, travel to unauthorized countries years before, and his associations with (black nationalist) Louis Farrakhan and Rev. Jeremiah Wright, he probably would not have been granted a security clearance," said Josh Grodin, West's campaign manager.

www.politifact.com...

edit on 5-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Yes, I can get you several sources as well as explain in many ways the problem with the claim. First, prove to me you really care to even know. Especially since my link includes more than just a video.

Please explain to me the logic of your post. Explain to me how Obama would be turned down for a level of security clearance designated by the POTUS. Do that, show us you are not just talking out (pulling blog articles from) of your patootey.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That link and statement I provided was from YOUR SOURCE.

Talk about pulling articles out of one's Patootey!

Did YOU even read the article YOU provided?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

That link and statement I provided was from YOUR SOURCE.

Yes, I know but it was a quote from West's campaign manager that you used from my source. Did you even read what you quoted? My source also contains other things that are not true SAID BY WEST and his campaign. How did you not understand that?

Talk about pulling articles out of one's Patootey!

Not sure you read even what you quoted. My link does not support your quote, it provides it as an example of the lie West is pushing. Thanks for highlighting it so no one has to go to the link to bother reading it.

Did YOU even read the article YOU provided?

Yup. Sorry if it confused you.

said Josh Grodin, West's campaign manager.

Apparently the part you quoted was confusing?

So you quoted West's campaign manager telling a lie from my source. OK? I said he was lying. You quoted one of those lies. You seem to have forgotten where you were going to explain how what he said was not a lie or crazy. Please stop drinking and posting. West is either a liar or crazy for making that claim. You are something else altogether for thinking that quote from my source makes your case. Any explanation you have for West's claim would be great.

edit on 6-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
[color=#FFCC33]It was nice to see Michael Jackson come out to support West.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a2f3811969e.jpg[/atsimg]

However I cannot support anyone who supports the Zionist state of Israel.

new topics

top topics

join