It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did we miss this ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok ATS how did we miss this uprising in Egypt ?
For all my time here on ATS I can't remember one single thread about the unhappiness of the Egyptian people with there government . Nor can I ever recall anything ever spoke of in the western media about the unhappiness of the Egyptian people .

How could something so big have grown over so may years and gone unreported ?

Or have I just missed the posts ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Out of sight, out of mind.
The "haves" rarely care about the "have nots"

Life isn't so bad in Western Society. America, for example, practices what I call "me-ism" which prevents them, well a good deal of them, ignorant to such things.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsubaki

I was thinking that it was more a matter of the west not wanting to pick on " there guy " .

The " good guys " cry democracy from the roof tops when it suits there PR attempt but when a dictator is there preferred choice we just don't hear a bad word spoke , no matter how the general population is treated buy " the good guys " dictator .

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Because if we are not killing people or helping another Country kill people MSM have no interest in informing us.
President Hosni Mubarak has had at least 8 assassination attempts, and I have never heard of one. He was a "friend" of the U.S. Government, well at least until yesterday, so bad publicity wasn't in our interest.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Here is a heads up, OP.

Every country where Muslims reside, they are unhappy unless the country is under Islamic governance. Islam is a religion and a political system. The Muslim Brotherhood will take over the secular government of Egypt just like Muslims took over the secular government of the Shah. The object is for Muslims to rule the whole world. No kidding. It is not a democracy movement.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
there's been plenty of info about it here - lots of news about the Moslem Brotherhood and it's sucess in "elections", repression of it, jailing of its leaders and members, jailing of dissidents, etc.

Not every day...but certainly not completely lacking either.

Pretty much on the same sort of level as the opposition in other places like Zimbabwe a couple of years ago.

Never saw anything about Tunisia tho, and only hear smidgens about Saudi Arabia & the various small gulf states with dictatorial governments tho.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Maybe we are not allowed to hear the real news of the world,the msm is too worried about whats going on in hollywood they can't be bothered with such trivial matters as the politics of the world.Cheese and rice there's no telling whays happening out there!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Do some searching of various news sites that don't toe the MSM line, you'll find info. It's out there on the net, just have to find it. If you rely on the MSM for it, you'll never hear of it. Don't just rely on one news source.

new topics

top topics

join