It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE DRAFT- It's for real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The information we find gets more frightening every day. We've all heard talk about the draft, and the usual denials from the government and selective service.

The fact of the matter is, the draft (Universal Service Act of 2003) has been proposed, and a new co-sponsor to the House Bill was added as recently as May, 2004! Doesn't sound like a dead bill to us!

We've done the research, and now you can read the facts. The link below provides you with an analysis of what's in the Bills (S. 89 in Senate, H.R. 163 in the House) as well as the contact information for each author and co-sponsor. Please read the Bills and forward this email to as many people as you can! Call every politician that's involved. It doesn't matter if you're not in their constituency. They must know that "we the people" don't approve of their draft!

www.populistamerica.com...

If this hyperlink doesn't appear in your email program, simply cut and paste the entire link in your browser to load the page.

Again, please forward this email to as many people as possible, and also ask them to sign up for our periodic updates at this link:

www.populistamerica.com...

Together, we can make this government change. Together is the only way.

Thank you again for everything that you do.

Michael Boldin
National Director
Populist Party of America

-----obviously I got this in my email and wanted to share this info w/ u all----

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
TrueLies,

Thanks for the link, this affect me directly due to the fact that my son will be 18 in august (still in high school) and my daughter is 20 ( a full time student) in her third year in college.

I am opposing to the draft for logic reasons, and I will fight if necessary to avoid this to go on.

We are not in imminent danger of invasion or war with any major country in the world so I see this as another attempt to control our people..

I gave life to my children, and they are good citizens, they will fight for this country if we are invaded, but I disagree with them dying for the temper tantrums and irrationality of our Commander in Chief, he has shown not regard for human life be ours or innocent others.

Down with the king.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You will get the draft after election like Jan 2005.
If election is cancelled, it will be much earlier.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Cant say it any better than your link from the Populist Party does, This is what you will not hear in major media reports, they mostly try to paint this as a current administration effort in an oblique fashion, never divulging its true source.

# Introduced on 01-07-2003, H.R. 163, and S. 89 in the House and Senate, respectively, both call for the return of mandatory civil service, and it's much broader than what we've had in the past. H.R. 163 was written by Rep Rangel (D-NY) and co-sponsored by 14 other democrats. S. 89 was written by Sen. Hollings (D-SC) and this bill is almost entirely identical to the House version.

And

# The Democrats claim to be on the side of the people, yet they are the ones pushing for the draft. This is better than a dream for our neo-cons in power, and we're seeing how the two parties are more and more alike. There is a push for the draft, it's coming from the left, and it must be stopped.

You want psyop, heres a good example brought to you by democrats.
The aim of this is to scare 18-28 year olds to vote democratic in the mistaken belief that its the Bush adminstration at the root of the draft push. Hence very little media attention is given to the bills authors, much attention is given to the bill however - no probing questions allowed though, just sound bites.

The Defence Department does not want this nor does the current administration, these bills are being pushed strictly for political gamemanship by far left democrats.

marg's post above seems to show a good example of what I'm saying about this being a psyop

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
# Introduced on 01-07-2003, H.R. 163, and S. 89 in the House and Senate, respectively, both call for the return of mandatory civil service, and it's much broader than what we've had in the past. H.R. 163 was written by Rep Rangel (D-NY) and co-sponsored by 14 other democrats. S. 89 was written by Sen. Hollings (D-SC) and this bill is almost entirely identical to the House version.

That just shows that there is no real difference between Democrats and Republicans. Election just a circus show for the american people.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The bill is not for the draft per say, It was made by the democrat (Charles Rangle of NY) to even the draft among american people, So that the Rich and there sons have no way to get out of it, and perhaps makes the people who make the decsion to go to war , think twice before sending there sons and daughters.

This is what this is about. There not planning on War, they are planning on peace and perhaps scaring the rich into peace. Now is that what will come out , who knows , but the Dem who proposed this bill is what the bill is actualy about.

www.congress.gov...:H.R.163:

This is the actuall bill. Oh and if you dont want to fight . You can do civillain work.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
You want psyop, heres a good example brought to you by democrats.
The aim of this is to scare 18-28 year olds to vote democratic in the mistaken belief that its the Bush adminstration at the root of the draft push. Hence very little media attention is given to the bills authors, much attention is given to the bill however - no probing questions allowed though, just sound bites.

The Defence Department does not want this nor does the current administration, these bills are being pushed strictly for political gamemanship by far left democrats.

marg's post above seems to show a good example of what I'm saying about this being a psyop

Don't you just love politics in Washington. You're exactly right.

We have a repub. president.
People see we're at war right now.
People hear draft or may glance at chain email.
They assume repub. pres must be behind it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So I wouldn't mind a draft it would get some Americans in shape and why do we act so scared and surprised almost every other country in the world has mandatory service so I think its a good idea.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
Excellent quote

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
Excellent quote

Yes, I see that you are glad to part of invasion of another country.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WestPoint23,

Text"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

Sorry, to said good for you, but I even come from a long family history of death heroes than die for this country and even my husband served for 23 years, I am not ready to have my children become lambs in the madness and slaughter of the irrational wars that this administration is fighting, you do that but not with the lives of my children.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
ShiftTrio is correct. National Service would level the playing field, thus giving more radical and or extremist political viewholders reason to pause. As stated in the synopsys of the proposed bills, conciencious objectors would be asigned to non-combat duties. I have always been a proponent of National Service. There is a very big differance between National Service and a Draft. Americorp is an excellent example of what National Service can do. In my mind, I feel that every cititzen has a responsability to serve thier country, whether in the military or in the Americorp or in some other capacity that directly serves the Nation and it's people. Those two years after High School are a time when most young adults have NO real direction in life. National service would give them much needed job training, and time to further mature into productive members of society. Nothing here says that they could not return to school after fulfilling thier obligation to thier country.

I can certainly understand the knee-jerk reaction to these proposals, but I think that a little more concideration to the overall effect of them needs to be undertaken.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Exactly and on what grounds would you be invading the other country on??

I don't have a problem fighting for my country, but I do have a problem fighting another country when they weren't a threat to us..
And judging by 2005 what country is next? North Korea?
They already pulled out of Iraq, true, troops are still there and will be for 8 yrs, but I don't see the gov sending more people there, so i'm guessing there is another country on the list....

I wonder if this is another tactic being used for population control??
If not that then i'm assuming there's some shady dealings going on behind the curtain..

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
The bill is not for the draft per say, It was made by the democrat (Charles Rangle of NY) to even the draft among american people, So that the Rich and there sons have no way to get out of it, and perhaps makes the people who make the decsion to go to war , think twice before sending there sons and daughters.

Charlie Rangel for all his bluster is really a smart guy thats quick on the uptake, I can respect him for that.

Charlie also knows for a fact who ended up doing the fighting in Vietnam under the draft (I believe he's a vet) it wasn't the rich. His stated purpose for the bill holds as much water as a paper bag in my opinion.

The real reason, Draft=Bush not Democrat=Draft, the success of his politicization of this issue is readily apparent in the discourse about the draft.

Gotta compliment Rangel - he's smarter than he acts.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
scottsquared I agree with this in principle but one has to ask is compulsory service something this country was founded on and is it really constitutional to make this a requirement.

originally posted by scottsquared,

Those two years after High School are a time when most young adults have NO real direction in life. National service would give them much needed job training, and time to further mature into productive members of society. Nothing here says that they could not return to school after fulfilling thier obligation to thier country.

I agree it would be beneficial to some but I have reservations about forcing it upon them.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Excellent quote

Your comment is uncalled for, and WestPoints service is why you have the ablitiy to give your comments. Maybe not in the case of Iraq, but he didnt even mention that. Read the Post .
He mentioned that almost every country has mandatory service which is a fact.

Save your cheap shots for the kiddies.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ah yes, me too... It's one thing if it's voluntary service.... There are kids out there who actually do have a direction in which they wish to go after high school, some don't which is why they pick military service...
To push that idea and paint them all with the same brush isn't fair and it's naive.

Some kids want to start their own business, some go off and learn the tools of the trade with their father or mother, some want to get into professional sports, some get scouted for the nba, ect..

I just really hope this isn't for real.... And I still want to know which country they'd be going to and WHY. On what grounds?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why does this keep coming up? There have already been many threads on HR 163 and S 89.

28-1-2004 the draft is getting closer
13-2-2004 Draft reinstaded, 2005
20-4-2004 Breaking News: Draft Reinstated In USA Announcement.
25-5-2004 Draft June 2005 - Write your Congresspeoples.
20-6-2004 Is there really going to be a draft next year?
24-6-2004 It's summer but i still feel a "DRAFT"
26-6-2004 Draft Coming On October 1st
28-6-2004 US Draft Status in Black & White.....
30-6-2004 Americans Could Be Pressed Into Mandatory Community Service
30-6-2004 Mandatory Community Service

Read what Congressman Pete Stark (one of the cosponsors of HR 163) has to say on Supporting H.R.163 the Universal National Service Act of 2003.

Please do some research before you blindly forward propaganda.

AF1

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Excellent quote

The United States government was designed to serve the people. People shouldn't serve the government.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

Originally posted by zcheng

Excellent quote

Your comment is uncalled for, and WestPoints service is why you have the ablitiy to give your comments. Maybe not in the case of Iraq, but he didnt even mention that. Read the Post .
He mentioned that almost every country has mandatory service which is a fact.

Save your cheap shots for the kiddies.

HaHaHa!
Thats great! westpoint IS a kiddie! he is 15, and just WANTS to go to west point someday. Lets not fly off the handle here and put our foot in our mouth when correcting others. If you dont know what your talking about, dont talk. Deny ignorance, remember?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So I wouldn't mind a draft it would get some Americans in shape and why do we act so scared and surprised almost every other country in the world has mandatory service so I think its a good idea.

Have you ever been in the Army? Half of the peole who volunteer don't make it through MEPS, much less boot camp. Look at all of the tax dollars we waste on them. Now throw in people who are forced to join? One must look at all the cost benefit ratio, not just because other countries do it too. Plus there is a kind of draft already. By underfunding education, the poor are forced to join the military in order to go to college or learn a skill.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join